No announcement yet.

Fast Cloth I Hate You!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I play snooker with A 60.5" 19 1/2 oz and pool with a 59" 19.5 oz (extra length shaft just to get to 59) I play in one snooker league using 5 venues (all kinds of table speeds even between tables at the same club and for pool I play at 11 different venues with tables for sledge hammer slow to lighting quick. I have a standard pace stroke that I use to test the pace of the table - similar to a lag shot but I try to hit my standard pace stroke and see how far the cue ball runs. I hit a couple of those 'pace testers" and table pace - super fast or super slow is not really a problem, as my brain just seems to build the correct pace into my shots. I think the key is that I am always playing on tables with different speeds, so my brain is used to adjusting to the various speeds.

Comment

Some excellent posts on here thank you so much, really knowledgeable about the game. My league tables range from slow to no speed haha bar one venue which is exceptionally fast and is covered all year round and used for semis and finals. So in theory I have no experience on fast cloths apart from massive high pressure semi finals and finals I have been in and been beaten. So I am delighted my club has installed the most expensive high speed cloth as I can get some much needed table time on a fast cloth. However in terms of me being a force in competitions locally im probably going to struggle for awhile if my normal game consists of punching and stunning the ball and the slow cloth helping the cuing imperfections. I will hopefully end up probably a better player as a result, or I could end up cueing like Stephen Hendry towards the end of his career and probably quit the game lol gonna dedicate a full week on the table before my next match. Will keep you posted

Comment

for me its about pulling the rains in a bit on the white. i would move more into the center an in terms of reaction from the cue ball i would treat the off straight as a 3/4 ball, the 3/4 as 1/2 an 1/2 as 1/4.. stay down an say with the cue till shot completion
        Last edited by j6uk; 1 November 2015, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Fast Cloth I Hate You!

never a lover of ultra fast cloths ,liked a bit of nap seeing as that is what most club cloths are

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
            Well, its basically because you like to punch and stun the ball. You can do that on a slow table because the white won't move around a lot. Problem is on a faster table, you need to be stroking the balls more.
            Hi Ted, I find the complete opposite. My table is heated and very fast and I find the cue ball to slide a lot more where as slow tables there is much more nap and the cue ball grabs more. So if I play a swerve on my table I cannot get the cue ball to move as much as some of the tables we play tournaments on. All I know is my table is very fast and tight.
            " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
            " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
            http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

to be honest i can play on both, but prefer a bit of nap after all its old school and thats me

Comment

Made a 36 break today had a 4 hour practice, wow my cue action has changed so much adjusting to the speed!

Comment

Faster the table the better for me. The balls split and dont have to hit a ball hard just feel the shot. If all tables had a fast cloth and decent cushions especially at comps I would still be travelling to play in them.

Comment

faster the better for me too...
                    #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Originally Posted by JayUK9779 View Post
                      There are probably some frailties in my game that I need to work on. My local club has reclothed 3 of it's tables and I have lost 4 matches on this spin and have been poor in everyone of them!

I feel like my cue timing is more suited to slower cloth tables. I seem to over hit a lot, miss slow speed shots and run out of position a lot! My long potting has gone a miss in a match situation ok in practice. Anyone else have this problem? Just feel like fast cloths the ball is skidding along and brings out inperfections compared to slow cloths. Lost 6-0 tonight wasn't good enough, never made a long pot all night and felt nervous a lot due to running out of position in the balls. I then Move to a slow cloth and I'm fine. Strange this for me would like to know if anyone has any views on this?
                      You will get use to them as your mind adapts to how much punch you need to put through the cue with each shot. They'll also slow down as the cloths become worn
                      John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

the faster cloth has advantage in easier positional play of the white but disadvantage in harder potting balls when you hit the ball off center. just a little bit off center hitting and you miss everything on a fast cloth like hainsworth match or strachan tournament. keep an eye on not doing any bodymovement when you strike the ball because this is the most reason you dont hit the white in the center. regards

Comment

I absolutely LOVE fast cloths!!
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                            Spot on
                            Most people that have been playing to a reasonable standard or playing for years do ,it’s a no brainier

Comment

Not worn out fast cloths though! Give me a bit of grip.

Comment

How are your clubs tables playing now the cloth has been on for a while CC ?

Comment

Working...
                                X