No announcement yet.

J6UK's TUCA... my first thoughts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I play bottom on the cue ball, particularly when I am trying to screw the ball back, my tip is probably only 1mm above the cloth (quite a bit lower than 'bottom' as shown on the tuca at #163) am I getting too low? I ask this because most times I am not very successful with the screw shot. I mostly only manage to screw back about 4 inches but, if I play the Blue off its spot, I can, about 3 times out of 5, pot the Blue and pull the white back into the opposite pocket but, I can't seem to get this amount of travel during a game. I think that I can recall once getting the white to come back about 2 feet.

Comment

• Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
      When I play bottom on the cue ball, particularly when I am trying to screw the ball back, my tip is probably only 1mm above the cloth (quite a bit lower than 'bottom' as shown on the tuca at #163) am I getting too low? I ask this because most times I am not very successful with the screw shot. I mostly only manage to screw back about 4 inches but, if I play the Blue off its spot, I can, about 3 times out of 5, pot the Blue and pull the white back into the opposite pocket but, I can't seem to get this amount of travel during a game. I think that I can recall once getting the white to come back about 2 feet.
      I can't get a massive amount of screw back but I think you're doing the right thing by playing low down on the cue ball. One thing that has helped me is making sure I follow right through the ball when playing the screw shot. Also, keep your grip light.

Comment

• I've found that you don't need to hit the ball that low to get good screw back. More about the follow through

Comment

• Originally Posted by jamesg19851 View Post
          I can't get a massive amount of screw back but I think you're doing the right thing by playing low down on the cue ball. One thing that has helped me is making sure I follow right through the ball when playing the screw shot. Also, keep your grip light.
          Take a look at this coaching video. It will give you a good idea visually of where the hit the ball and what to do to control screwback and distance.

Click Here
          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
            you got some pics or a vid of you on your diy?
            Not yet, but I'll make some, cheers.

Comment

tuca review

the singles set. an alternative to the original joined and folded

Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
              When I play bottom on the cue ball, particularly when I am trying to screw the ball back, my tip is probably only 1mm above the cloth (quite a bit lower than 'bottom' as shown on the tuca at #163) am I getting too low? I ask this because most times I am not very successful with the screw shot. I mostly only manage to screw back about 4 inches but, if I play the Blue off its spot, I can, about 3 times out of 5, pot the Blue and pull the white back into the opposite pocket but, I can't seem to get this amount of travel during a game. I think that I can recall once getting the white to come back about 2 feet.
              blue, you only really need to go a tips width out from the center of the cue ball to get back, top, left and right rotation. if you look at this vid see how the knuckles raise and lower when i go high and low on the tuca. so that way your keeping the cue more level to the table, then the rest is contacting the cb where you intend and timing the white right.
              Last edited by j6uk; 12 October 2016, 01:02 PM.

Comment

blue, you only really need to go a tips width out from the center of the cue ball to get back, top, left and right rotation. if you look at this vid see how the knuckles raise and lower when i go high and low on the tuca. so that way your keeping the cue more level to the table, then the rest is contacting the cb where you intend and timing the white right.
                That's not true. Hit the ball a tip below centre and you will get stun-screw and not maximum screw at all. The reaction angle will be ruined as well. I can play the JT special shot and achieve three lengths of the table, but not hitting the CB where your topspin hole is I won't.

Comment

• as much as this exercise is about straight cueing at home it works many other areas of your game, and the change of the bridge when working with tuca is one of them.. its not about extremes

Comment

as much as this exercise is about straight cueing at home it works many other areas of your game, and the change of the bridge when working with tuca is one of them.. its not about extremes
                    J, I respect you as a cue maker, everyone knows that. But you're talking guff about spin. To achieve maximum spin, you hit the ball as high or as low as you can with maximum acceleration at the point of impract = maximum force. If you hit low, you end up leaving track marks on the deck. The same is with top spin, hit it as high as possible without miscueing. Your TUCA doesn't train people do that. If they use the TUCA, they'll be minimising spin and cue power. There is no way that Jimmy and Trump are cueing that high when they screw back or that low when they top spin man.

And that doesn't even include the fact that most players are or should be OB sighters. If they stare at the TUCA, they're CB sighting; the worst thing a player can do. Almost no pro does this. But that's the habit they will pick up using a TUCA.

Comment

• rotation is always relative to distance between the cb and ob..

as for sighting cd or ob on the table in play, its not relevant to working with tuca at home

Comment

you got some pics or a vid of you on your diy?

I'm kind of purposefully letting the cue slip through my hand on delivery, I get a bit snatchy in matches, so trying to train the opposite. I seem to do something a bit funny with my grip hand when I first get down though, and my head moves sometimes.

Comment

• Sent u mail Jason
                          Ton Praram cue series 1 ash shaft Burwood and ebony splices with maple vaneres 58.9.5.29.4.18oz 18 BP

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post

I'm kind of purposefully letting the cue slip through my hand on delivery, I get a bit snatchy in matches, so trying to train the opposite. I seem to do something a bit funny with my grip hand when I first get down though, and my head moves sometimes.
                            look pretty good, you probably pot well.
                            it takes a lot dedication to get this discipline down but at least youve started, most miss out

Originally Posted by Snooker man Stevie View Post
                            Sent u mail Jason
                            okay, get it off a bit later..

Comment

• Thanks J, I definitely didn't pot well the other night. The problem is I don't cue anything like that during a match, just snatch and cue across everything.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                                Thanks J, I definitely didn't pot well the other night. The problem is I don't cue anything like that during a match, just snatch and cue across everything.
                                maybe your more prone to smash-in a mad one land perfect on the black and miss, is that closer?

Comment

Working...
                                X