No announcement yet.

J6UK's TUCA... my first thoughts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The TUCA has got to be safer than VR ,have you seen what happened to Ronnie when he tried it, daft bugger tried to lean on the table lol.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
      I've been doing front crawl on my living room floor. Has anyone got any tips for this exercise? LOL
      you need a laminated end for that. best tip.
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
        The TUCA has got to be safer than VR ,have you seen what happened to Ronnie when he tried it, daft bugger tried to lean on the table lol.
        I've got me 20 quid matchbox coming bud, hang in there. It has double sided sticky tape on the side (no need to buy your own, simply stick it down on your favourite surface!), and three aiming positions, you try and hit the drawer with screw, stun or top and open it. What do you reckon?

Comment

I've got me 20 quid matchbox coming bud, hang in there. It has double sided sticky tape on the side (no need to buy your own, simply stick it down on your favourite surface!), and three aiming positions, you try and hit the drawer with screw, stun or top and open it. What do you reckon?
          thats not a bad idea !

Comment

Make sure you list it on Panjo or you will be for the high jump again!

Comment

• @INE and Markz, c'mon fellas I couldn't do that to the punters. My fingers remain unsticky! lol

Comment

@INE and Markz, c'mon fellas I couldn't do that to the punters. My fingers remain unsticky! lol
                Admit it, your mum won't let you play with matches

Comment

his mums not even allowed to play with them yet.......

Comment

haha, she'd rather me play with matches than poke a TUCA. I mean, there's destructive and then there's perv! She did pop on the forum once then quizzed me as to why I mix with some of those cockwombles? lol
                    Last edited by Big Splash!; 29 October 2016, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• Purchased a set of TUCA trainers last week and thought I'd report my findings so far!

Already I've noticed my cue action improving - as a beginner I regularly found myself addressing the ball in a certain position, but on delivery actually hitting higher than intended. This is something I've been trying to solve but have had little luck in doing on the table itself as it's hard to analyse what I'm actually doing wrong. Since using these cards, my cue action has smoothed out considerably and I've finally found how to deliver the cue straight, by starting loose on the back swing and finishing on a pressure grip. This allows for the cue to travel on one plane without going upwards or downards during delivery. I understand people saying the only way to get a proper feel for the cue action is by playing on a table, and while to a certain degree I will agree, being able to pick up my cue at home several times a day with immediate feedback has made the bigger difference.

For those who don't believe it will help, Steve Davis himself used a matchbox with a hole in it doing the same routine with a book on his head. If it worked for him, I am happy to try it to! Excellent product from Jason and great quality.
                      Last edited by fattail95; 30 October 2016, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fattail95 View Post
                        Purchased a set of TUCA trainers last week and thought I'd report my findings so far!

Already I've noticed my cue action improving - as a beginner I regularly found myself addressing the ball in a certain position, but on delivery actually hitting higher than intended. This is something I've been trying to solve but have had little luck in doing on the table itself as it's hard to analyse what I'm actually doing wrong. Since using these cards, my cue action has smoothed out considerably and I've finally found how to deliver the cue straight, by starting loose on the back swing and finishing on a pressure grip. This allows for the cue to travel on one plane without going upwards or downards during delivery. I understand people saying the only way to get a proper feel for the cue action is by playing on a table, and while to a certain degree I will agree, being able to pick up my cue at home several times a day with immediate feedback has made the bigger difference.

For those who don't believe it will help, Steve Davis himself used a matchbox with a hole in it doing the same routine with a book on his head. If it worked for him, I am happy to try it to! Excellent product from Jason and great quality.
                        You're right. The matchbox cost 5p.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fattail95 View Post
                          Purchased a set of TUCA trainers last week and thought I'd report my findings so far!

yes working with tuca tells you exactly where you are with your cue action and shows you what it takes to deliver the cue straight every time.
                          you could also do the bulk line before and at intervals during your time on the table

the balk line

Comment

• Are you watching the cue come back checking it's straight with the line as well as when you go forward?

Comment

Are you watching the cue come back checking it's straight with the line as well as when you go forward?
                              initially yes but after checking the cue is coming back straight i may say if my bridge hand was close to the yellow spot i would flick my eyes over to the brown or green shot as or just before starting the delivery

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                                initially yes but after checking the cue is coming back straight i may say if my bridge hand was close to the yellow spot i would flick my eyes over to the brown or green shot as or just before starting the delivery
                                Cheers J, that's what I do, just checking. I also stay still at the end and check it again.

Comment

Working...
                                X