No announcement yet.

J6UK's TUCA... my first thoughts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, it hasn't affect that, I never even thought of that lol. To be honest I must cue up to the cue ball with my periphery vision as I look at the object ball on the way down making sure my cue is online, it's not until right down I check I'm lined up on the middle of the White , kind of a front pause to check all is still ok before I start feathering, it's only a second but it settles me into the shot.
    I measured the height of a table bed, and trawled round the second hand shops and got a table the exact height, so I can replicate my stance etc . You can replicate your stroke, I know you are not hitting a ball but that's how you should feel any way, it takes a bit of effort but if you can cue on the table like you do with the TUCA your more than halfway there IMO.
    I should add I'm not looking at the hole when I'm cueing I'm looking at a spot on the wall right behind the TUCA , otherwise that could introduce a bad habit for me, I know some look at the cue ball while striking but I can't so I certainly don't look at the hole on the TUCA , unless I'm checking something like my grip timing. Maybe that's why it hasn't affected my set up.
    Last edited by itsnoteasy; 6 August 2016, 06:06 PM.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Pool tables are a different height, by a couple of inches. Sideboards, ironing boards an kitchen worktops are not.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
        Pool tables are a different height, by a couple of inches. Sideboards, ironing boards an kitchen worktops are not.
        Do those ironing boards and worktops have rails that you lean over and put your shoulder on when using the tuca? Can you even get your shoulder down on them? Are they covered in 6811 T?

What did Bruce Lee call it?

Ah, yes, 'dry land swimming'.

* Addendum: I jacked my pool table up two inch or so with some chocks under each foot, made offcuts. I have my own snooker ball sets, so I put some balls on it and practised potting on it. But it still wasn't right because the rails are different, the cushions are different, putting your shoulder and weight on it is different. If you haven't got time to run the cue ball up and down a snooker table to practise cueing, ok. If you can't fit line-up and long blues into your session due to lack of time/money, ok. It's good that folk are trying things to improve their cueing. I respect that love.
        Last edited by Big Splash!; 6 August 2016, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• i do do tuca for american pool and english pool, both with appropriate ball size cards
          shooting straight with two point contact is a nice discipline to have down

Comment

• There are many coaches that use something similar , this guy for example, see the matchbox thingy on the table.
            https://youtu.be/afuj43Y6J9I
            Don't know who this guy is doing it but he's bloody hopeless
            https://youtu.be/rT1b63O2er4
            Last edited by itsnoteasy; 6 August 2016, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              There are many coaches that use something similar , this guy for example, see the matchbox thingy on the table.
              https://youtu.be/afuj43Y6J9I
              I can almost hear myself growling during that second vid. Patience of a saint though, if that was me the matchbook would be halfway down the table and I'd be storming out the room after 30 seconds. :biggrin-new:

Comment

• I'm sure that's our good friend Alabadi on the video, he has one of the best cueing videos I have seen, where he plays the cue ball up and down the full length of the table TWICE,!,between two balls with only the width of a pound coin gap each side of the cue ball.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                  He could probably do with cutting the hole properly as all those left over bits hanging down will keep moving the box!
                  Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                  Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                  Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                    i do do tuca for american pool and english pool, both with appropriate ball size cards
                    shooting straight with two point contact is a nice discipline to have down
                    Where you been J, missed your cue making vids bud.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                      Where you been J, missed your cue making vids bud.
                      been scootering her indoors around the beaches of lefkada, dodging the heat under a beach umbrella and peach spotting whilst suckling on a 6%.. be back calving from monday

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                        been scootering her indoors around the beaches of lefkada, dodging the heat under a beach umbrella and peach spotting whilst suckling on a 6%.. be back calving from monday
                        Nice one. Sounds like a good hol.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                          Nice one. Sounds like a good hol.
                          It's got to be better than our beaches. I thought I'd wondered into an outdoor meet of Fat Fighters on Friday. Good looking lass sits next to me (a diamond on a beach of coal) and lo and behold, there's a bunch of yam yams swearing the f and c word constantly and doing stupid things just a few meters away, who must be obese by definition. Yeah, ladies like that. Grrrrrrrr

Comment

• Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                            It's got to be better than our beaches. I thought I'd wondered into an outdoor meet of Fat Fighters on Friday. Good looking lass sits next to me (a diamond on a beach of coal) and lo and behold, there's a bunch of yam yams swearing the f and c word constantly and doing stupid things just a few meters away, who must be obese by definition. Yeah, ladies like that. Grrrrrrrr
                            I've just got back from a Rome trip, there's lots to look at there and also some nice buildings. Strangely, no tables to play on, not that I would have dared to play whilst on hols!

Comment

• Where is Lefkada?

Anyway after getting pretty good on the 12mm thingy I went for a few frames, I played absolute garbage after about three shots. I think it's the difference in cueing through thin air and actually hitting a ball. I'm a snatcher. Cue ended up over by my left shoulder on power shots. I tried to concentrate on keeping my grip light, but then I'm worried if it's too light or not and after a while everythings just wrong and my confidence is shot.

Comment

• J6UK's TUCA... my first thoughts.

You have to hit the ball a hell of a lot of times to hit it as if it's not there...

Can't learn it without the ball being there

Comment

Working...
                                X