No announcement yet.

Learn Potting Angles In Seconds...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't got round to watching all the videos yet, none of them actually, I have to send him an email for that, which I haven't yet.

Comment

I think a lot of you are missing the point here. Nic has come up with a practice aid that achieves more than one thing, and it isn't necessarily aimed at all you cueing experts who knock in tons for fun.

Most of us find the game quite hard actually and we yearn to have the skill and knowledge that you all so clearly possess on the forum.

Nic has spent a long time gathering data to allow for a phenomenon known as 'collision induced throw' - something that a lot of players, experts included, don't even know exists. It is this data, gathered in a scientific way using his potting robot, that had enabled him to create his template. Yes, you might say, it's only a piece of card with some holes in it.. but it's the information behind it that is important.

As an acupuncturist friend of mine once said, anyone can stick a load of needles in someone - but only a person with the knowledge knows where to put them to get them to work..

If you use Nic's aim frame diligently, two things will happen - you will realize you don't know as much about aiming as you thought you did, and secondly that you are probably cueing with errors to compensate for your misinformed aim.

To me, that is valuable information and so what if it takes a bit of cardboard with holes in it, to find this out?

I count Nic as a friend of mine and as a very good coach who has helped my game considerably. Yes, I'm still pretty useless but as I said before we aren't all blessed with snooker talent. I am good at other things, so when it comes to snooker I just try to enjoy the game and the process of getting better. Nic's device is one of many that will help me do that. I know for a fact the amount of time and research that has gone into it and I find it a little sad and pathetic that so many just choose to take the p~~~ rather than congratulate someone for coming up with a method of improving people's understanding and therefore enjoyment of the game.

Nic won't be getting rich with this product, Far from it, he'll probably lose money, but he won't mind. He does well enough with all the coaching he does. He will just take a lot of satisfaction, even if it helps just one player.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. But slagging it off just to get your kicks whilst you are bored sitting at your work desk, serves no useful purpose and may just turn a beginner away from a product that may well accelerate his or her enjoyment of the game that we are all supposed to love.

Comment

It's not about slagging it off because people are bored. People are just giving their opinion as to whether the product is useful or not. That's fine isn't it? Why should everyone just say they think it's great and really useful when they don't think it is?
        WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
        Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
          It's not about slagging it off because people are bored. People are just giving their opinion as to whether the product is useful or not. That's fine isn't it? Why should everyone just say they think it's great and really useful when they don't think it is?
          How about saying nothing?

I have found the tone of the 'opinions' totally unwarranted. There has been no need for the negativity around this post. If you don't rate it fine, just don't buy it, but most of the replies mocking the product , and by implication, Nic, have gone too far in my opinion.

Comment

Originally Posted by sixofclubs View Post
            I count Nic as a friend of mine and as a very good coach who has helped my game considerably. Yes, I'm still pretty useless but as I said before we aren't all blessed with snooker talent.
            So, is there any point in coaching at all then for those who just don't have the hand/eye co-ordination needed.
            What do you think this aim frame will do for you that 1-2-1 coaching couldn't ?

Comment

By your own admission you are pretty useless so how can you praise it?

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                By your own admission you are pretty useless so how can you praise it?
                I have neither praised it nor slated it. I have stated that in my opinion most people have missed the point of what the product is for and who it is aimed at.

Just because I am pretty useless with a highest break of 78 does not disqualify me from being able to see in a positive way what Nic is trying to do.

Comment

I have neither praised it nor slated it. I have stated that in my opinion most people have missed the point of what the product is for and who it is aimed at.

Just because I am pretty useless with a highest break of 78 does not disqualify me from being able to see in a positive way what Nic is trying to do.
                  Pretty useless with a break of 78? I'd be more than happy with that, as you're 20 ahead of me and I thought I was doing alright
                  John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

And likewise if one sees it in a different light,I am positive it has little merit, satisfied?

Comment

Learn Potting Angles In Seconds...

if you go for a pot and keep missing it thick,hit it thinner,that will be £30 please,and as a bonus I will throw in free,if you keep missing it thin hit it thicker

Comment

Of course it is alright to not see any merit in it.

My assertion is that it isn't alright for folks to go on a public forum and mock the product, and by association, its creator, whilst at the same time completely missing what it is designed to do and who it is aimed at, just because the 'mockers' happen to be beyond the development stage that the device is designed to facilitate.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                          So, is there any point in coaching at all then for those who just don't have the hand/eye co-ordination needed.
                          What do you think this aim frame will do for you that 1-2-1 coaching couldn't ?
                          Teach you what throw is. Some people need that desperately, steven.

Comment

This was a paid advertisement Sixofclubs, and I think people realised that it wasn't in the coaching section just to help folk, it was here to flog us something and it may not have gone down well, Nic isn't exactly a regular helper on here but just appears when he has something to sell ( or that's how it Can appear) so maybe that's why the replies were a bit flippant.
                            To get to the product, if you are saying it's aimed at the total beginner I have a fear it may introduce some bad habits like looking at the ghost ball instead of the object ball, and even if it doesn't and you look at the object ball as you would on any other shot, what has it taught you that you couldn't figure out in two or three shots from a cue ball placed on a mark on the table and just repeating.
                            Last edited by itsnoteasy; 1 December 2015, 07:04 PM. Reason: Line out
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I think a lot of you are missing the point here. Nic has come up with a practice aid that achieves more than one thing, and it isn't necessarily aimed at all you cueing experts who knock in tons for fun.

Most of us find the game quite hard actually and we yearn to have the skill and knowledge that you all so clearly possess on the forum.

Nic has spent a long time gathering data to allow for a phenomenon known as 'collision induced throw' - something that a lot of players, experts included, don't even know exists. It is this data, gathered in a scientific way using his potting robot, that had enabled him to create his template. Yes, you might say, it's only a piece of card with some holes in it.. but it's the information behind it that is important.

As an acupuncturist friend of mine once said, anyone can stick a load of needles in someone - but only a person with the knowledge knows where to put them to get them to work..

If you use Nic's aim frame diligently, two things will happen - you will realize you don't know as much about aiming as you thought you did, and secondly that you are probably cueing with errors to compensate for your misinformed aim.

To me, that is valuable information and so what if it takes a bit of cardboard with holes in it, to find this out?

I count Nic as a friend of mine and as a very good coach who has helped my game considerably. Yes, I'm still pretty useless but as I said before we aren't all blessed with snooker talent. I am good at other things, so when it comes to snooker I just try to enjoy the game and the process of getting better. Nic's device is one of many that will help me do that. I know for a fact the amount of time and research that has gone into it and I find it a little sad and pathetic that so many just choose to take the p~~~ rather than congratulate someone for coming up with a method of improving people's understanding and therefore enjoyment of the game.

Nic won't be getting rich with this product, Far from it, he'll probably lose money, but he won't mind. He does well enough with all the coaching he does. He will just take a lot of satisfaction, even if it helps just one player.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. But slagging it off just to get your kicks whilst you are bored sitting at your work desk, serves no useful purpose and may just turn a beginner away from a product that may well accelerate his or her enjoyment of the game that we are all supposed to love.
                              This is a good post. There needs to be innovators, and they need room to fail. Let's see what everyone else does to grow snooker, eh?

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                                This was a paid advertisement Sixofclubs, and I think people realised that it wasn't in the coaching section just to help folk, it was here to flog us something and it may not have gone down well, Nic isn't exactly a regular helper on here but just appears when he has something to sell ( or that's how it Can appear) so maybe that's why the replies were a bit flippant.
                                To get to the product, if you are saying it's aimed at the total beginner I have a fear it may introduce some bad habits like looking at the ghost ball instead of the object ball, and even if it doesn't and you look at the object ball as you would on any other shot, what has it taught you that you couldn't figure out in two or three shots from a cue ball placed
                                on a mark on the table and just repeating.
                                This is kind of what happened with me, I started using it, then I just set up a ball as an aim ball, moved it if I was thick or thin accordingly, then I stopped using an aim ball completely because I realised I don't really have much of an aiming problem, more problem staying still on the shot. I do like this thing, I think it will helppeople, but it's going to be hard to sell for £30 because it seems to be a bit of card with holes in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X