Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dominant eye what is the best way to test it????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
    I did an interesting experiment in my practise session on sunday, I stood behind the shot as per normal, both eyes open when finding the contact point on the object ball and placing my feet, but I then shut my submissive eye (the right) when getting down and addressing the cue ball. Cue was right under my left eye as usual, cue on the line of aim and addressed at the centre of the cue ball, I kept my right eye closed on delivery of the cue and evey single pot was missed to the right of the pocket.

I did it again but this time opened my right eye once the cue was addressed to the cue ball, didn't miss a single straight long blue from the baulk line, 10/10, hit 8/10 from the green spot, jawed the other two, hit 7/10 from the brown spot, jawed the other three.

Bloody good for me and I was quite excited, but tried it in game play and couldn't get it going at all.

Why ? Was something else going on that I was unaware of due to my peace of mind within the experiment ?

Damn this game.
    It is interesting transferring it into game play. I think we can all get a nice rhythm hitting the same shot one after the other as I've found over the last few days.

I played my old man to day for 8 frames and deliberately took on any long straight shot regardless of it being the right ball as these have killed me for the last 4 years. I couldn't believe how many I sank after Sundays practice session around the dominant (or preferred) eye sighting. I feel it has already turned a corner.

I am now pushing through the cue better in practice but must transfer this feeling to game play. What's interesting was my total lack of timing since the change. I knocked in stacks of 20's and 30's and a 45 but nothing else and kept over hitting the cue ball.

Nice long back swing, push through to the chest, over hit again; I think the pause is building some tension.

The dominant eye stuff has certainly exhausted me for too long now but I do feel with a little timing I'm seeing the right line for once.

Gotta love this game......
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
    X