Judd Trump Set-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
    Good stuff Big Splash. First thing I thought when I saw that shot, was.... "Judd Trump!".
    Yeah, you spotted the same bad technique! lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
      Are you really that dense.. you're missing the point completely.

Wow, just wow....
      Would you believe it if it was set up like the Judd Trump shot in video as a direct comparison? Come on splasher, set em up like Judd and get that 24ft.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
        Just shows you can't tell by a wee video , it looks nice to me. We play on a table ( won't say where) my mate played a roll up double baulk shot at the billiards from down near the red spot with the red square on ,on the baulk Cush, it missed by about eight or nine inches it rolled off that far lol.
        Crikey, that is really bad mate. Surely the league should be having a few words with the club about that. Wouldn't take a fitter long to jack the table and level it, unless the bearers and slates are ka-put? Having said that, because of one un-named fitter, every table in our league now rolls off. The clubs and fitter aren't interested. Anyone who has someone like Geoff Large coming in is really lucky. You can't level a table with a 6 inch spirit, you have to use the balls because the balls are what counts.

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
          Would you believe it if it was set up like the Judd Trump shot in video as a direct comparison? Come on splasher, set em up like Judd and get that 24ft.
          Did Judd get 24ft? I'd have to do it on a shaved no.10/Star to have a true comparison mate. Chances of that are slim for the next two months. But yeah, I will try JT's black pot next time I'm near one. And I think I can make it up and down. But I think my challenge is even better cuz you have to get on the black from pink and pot it, not just do an exhibition shot.

Anyhoo, if folk want to play the JT shot with the JT set-up, fair play. If they want to do my shot and land on the black and pot it, fair play. Let's see them videos!
          Last edited by Big Splash!; 25 September 2016, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
            Did Judd get 24ft? I'd have to do it on a shaved no.10/Star to have a true comparison mate. Chances of that are slim for the next two months. But yeah, I will try it next time I'm near one. And I think I can make it up and down.
            You have just done it on the slowest cloth in your league, have faith, no need for shaved no.10 Star. You can do it easy, most power I've ever seen.

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
              You have just done it on the slowest cloth in your league, have faith, no need for shaved no.10 Star. You can do it easy, most power I've ever seen.
              Nice compliments. Thankyou.

I'll try give it a go on another table on Tuesday if I can get there, that is a bit quicker, a 6811T. I'll block and iron it a bit. Got jobs on tomorrow.

I'm not too shabby with ball speed but no King. I think it comes from having naturally fast hands, developed in Wing Chun as a youngster. But age doesn't help now. I've only got 50% of the cue power I had as a kid on the table. Getting old is a crock of ****. I could play a jump shot and deliberately hit folk on the next table back then. It nearly started a few fights mate! LOL

But juggling clubs helps the arthritis and the snooker.
              Last edited by Big Splash!; 25 September 2016, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Sorry for the poor sound quality. Got to a club. This is an antique billiards table with 3.25" pockets and it's got a slow cloth on it that wasn't ironed, so quite fluffy. I like that because it shows what you can do on a club cloth with the Trump technique. Some players are having problems with club cloths, getting spin on. Maybe the JT technique could be for you? This shot is half a ball or about 5 degrees off straight; the camera lens seems to make angles look larger. Plain TS, no banana but she still deflects to middle baulk with lots of TS.

Not as good as banana though. Just remember to look at the OB fellas.

Lovely block sitting on that table mind.
                Just looked at both vids the in the 1st vid the cue ball takes a completely different path to the shot in the second vid in the 1st vid the white comes back down the other side of the table with a so called a virtually straight shot. There's no way you could get that angle in the 1st vid with a virtually straight pink to yellow pocket. The second vid your taking the p*ss any decent player can play the shot with ease.
                Last edited by ste bed; 26 September 2016, 05:49 AM.

Comment

• Especially on an 8ft table...

Comment

• Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                    Just looked at both vids the in the 1st vid the cue ball takes a completely different path to the shot in the second vid in the 1st vid the white comes back down the other side of the table with a so called a virtually straight shot. There's no way you could get that angle in the 1st vid with a virtually straight pink to yellow pocket. The second vid your taking the p*ss any decent player can play the shot with ease.
                    I look fwd to your video then son. As said before, Ted sent a compliment, so did Markz, these are very good players, not woodpushers. Glad it got up your nose though.

So there we go folks, let's see Ste Bed and Cally produce their videos and back up their claims. Tick, tick, tick............................
                    Last edited by Big Splash!; 26 September 2016, 06:46 AM.

Comment

I look fwd to your video then son. As said before, Ted sent a compliment, so did Markz, these are very good players, not woodpushers. Glad it got up your nose though.

So there we go folks, let's see Ste Bed and Cally produce their videos and back up their claims. Tick, tick, tick............................
                      Your completely avoiding the question I asked yet again read my comment and answer. Plus how the hell do you know ted and markz are very Good players?? The shot in the second vid is a straight forward shot there's nothing difficult about it if anything potting the pink is harder than sending the White up and down the table. Now what I want to see is how you got the white to take the path it did on the 1st vid from a virtually straight pink to yellow pocket.
                      Last edited by ste bed; 26 September 2016, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Your completely avoiding the question I asked yet again read my comment and answer. Plus how the hell do you know ted and markz are very Good players?? The shot in the second vid is a straight forward shot there's nothing difficult about it if anything potting the pink is harder than sending the White up and down the table. Now what I want to see is how you got the white to take the path it did on the 1st vid from a virtually straight pink to yellow pocket.
                        Show us your video; you claimed any decent club player could do it. You're a decent club player or you claim to be lad.

So stop writing tripe, man up and do the video!
                        Last edited by Big Splash!; 26 September 2016, 07:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                          Especially on an 8ft table...
                          No i will give him that one it's a full size table right little splash.
                          Last edited by ste bed; 26 September 2016, 07:21 AM.

Comment

No i will give him that one it's a full size table.
                            Haha hater, man up and do the video!

Haters hate, players play.

Comment

haha, you ain't got the balls to do it. haha! You make claims and never back em up. You're rubbish son!

*Ted? He's hit the big numbers and we know Markz is good and Tom147 as well. WE KNOW THIS.
                              Your in a fantasy land kid and yet again avoids the question asked. Do what ?? Pot a off straight pink and take the ball in and out of baulk come on Are you actually serious in what your saying.

Comment

Haha hater, man up and do the video!

Haters hate, players play.
                                Look pal I'm not hating on you at all I just find it impossible to believe you think this is a hard shot to play.

Comment

Working...
                                X