No announcement yet.

Which Pro is Most Textbook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronnies head moves around loads if I am not mistaken. It goes up and down as he feathers.

Comment

Originally Posted by Snookclops View Post
      Ronnies head moves around loads if I am not mistaken. It goes up and down as he feathers.
      and then for the back stroke and delivery he is rock-still; but the mass of movement on the feathers is off putting
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I thought he moved around more than Selby in that last final, at least it was up and down and didn't make me sea sick like Selbys side to side.
        On another note, I thought he feathered a lot quicker as well.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          I thought he moved around more than Selby in that last final, at least it was up and down and didn't make me sea sick like Selbys side to side.
          On another note, I thought he feathered a lot quicker as well.
          he is also holding the back of the cue a lot higher than he used to.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
            I think is technique is great but his genius is in his ability to be so confident, especially when faced off against Murphy who played well. He seemed to be in his basement playing his buddy that he always beats...
            yeah Absolutely Natural way of playing neither anything mechanical(like most chinese), just see the angle, get down,maximum two backswings, smack the ball with loosest possible grip....Just amazing Gifted Talent...I hope he will do which Ding Couldn't

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              and then for the back stroke and delivery he is rock-still; but the mass of movement on the feathers is off putting
              Even that movement makes it Sexy ROFL...

Comment

Well I've tried the same thing, a little bit movement during feathers,,,and It worked a lot to release the tension sometimes,,,when you are Rock still througout the shot sometimes it makes things more difficult especially duing pressure shots...JIMHO

Comment

An on song Shaun Murphy for sure!!
                  VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                  Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                  Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                  Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

What people don't seem to remember is Ronnie changed his technique a few years back, he used to cue like a carbon copy of Jimmy White. It was after he got beat in a final he made some statement about working with a coach to change his technique, from then on he has a noticeable pause in his backswing and his feathering is very different. That changed occurred around the early 2000's if i remember right. If you look at his 5:20 147 compared to later ones the difference is very obvious.

Hendry is the same, look at him in his earlier years compared to later, he was very White like as well with no real pause in his delivery, that changed years later.

Comment

This may have been posted previously elsewhere, so apologies in advance - BBC's 'My favourite Player' interview compilation made by the talented Tequila: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QrEXYBNLtg

Neil Robertson's answers lol: "Cue action: Me. Long potting: Me. Temperament: Me."

I liked Ding's answers the most
                      Favourite players: Kirk Stevens, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui

Comment

Originally Posted by Ronnington View Post
                        This may have been posted previously elsewhere, so apologies in advance - BBC's 'My favourite Player' interview compilation made by the talented Tequila: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QrEXYBNLtg

Neil Robertson's answers lol: "Cue action: Me. Long potting: Me. Temperament: Me."

Just goes to show who much fans opinion differs to actual players' opinion. I'd give the nod to players. Yes, they can be fans and biased too, change their opinion sometimes...but...they actually play the game at that level.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ronnington View Post

Greame Dott's answer to the best temperament question, Maguire, lol

Comment

Difficult to say. John Higgins has very close to textbook as does Ding. Murphy has a lovely smooth action and hits the ball very well.
                            The thing about technique isn't slouch what is the textbook but what is best for individual and most importantly a technique that is easily repeated.
                            "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
                              Difficult to say. John Higgins has very close to textbook as does Ding. Murphy has a lovely smooth action and hits the ball very well.
                              The thing about technique isn't slouch what is the textbook but what is best for individual and most importantly a technique that is easily repeated.
                              Absolutely true mate. In a perfect world, everyone would want to cue in the most perfect way. However, not everyone is built or perfect in their abilities and capabilities to be able to enjoy such perfectionist. Some may have physical disabilities or injuries or born with a certain defect to be able to have perfect viewing and alignment. So it's really best to play to your utmost ability with the closest you can get to the ultimate perfect cueing technique.

Comment

2 days ago there was an exhibition somewhat near to where I live. Trump, Robertson, Murphy and Selby were in action. I made sure I got first row ticket so that I could observe their technique in person. I have seen pros play in person before, but it is always good to be reminded of just how out of this world their abilities are. All 4 strike the ball so sweet and true. I was especially looking forward to see Mark Selby play, since I've seen other 3 players before. And I wasn't disappointed.
                                Well, let me just tell you that TV doesn't do Mark justice. His technique looks superb in person, his cue is not that angled downwards at all, and it seems to me that it is actually him that strikes the ball the smoothest of the four. His backswing is slowest and most controlled and initial acceleration is slowest too. Now that I've seen him live, I am not surprised at his success. Not one little bit. It is his cue action that wins tournaments, not his tactics. Got to pot those balls under pressure somehow.
                                And oh, of the bunch, Shaun Murphy looks most text book to me. Cue in the middle of chin and all that. Chin and chest contact relaxed, not that firm.
                                Last edited by ace man; 24 December 2016, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X