Anthony McGill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ace man View Post
    Well, that's impressive, you've done most of the hard work. Ever thought about Q school?
    I'm entered into it this year, hoping for the best, I know my game is good enough. On the subject of Akani Songsermsawad, he is number one on the one year list that isn't in the top 64, so he's guaranteed to stay on tour.

Comment

Originally Posted by JohnF14722 View Post
      I had a go at it this morning, my table is very tight now as I had the slate line extended further than star tables when it was re-clothed. Made it quite challenging, but after a few attempts I cleared it up to the colours. Didn't get on the yellow because I got a thumping kick on the black which threw the cue ball into the pink!!
      Sorry for being ignorant but what does the bit in bold mean?
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by Looter View Post
        Just had a look on Oddschecker and thought to myself if he's 25/1 or more I'll chuck a few quid on him. Some bookies are offering 80/1!
        I think 25/1 is too short, but 80/1 gives you excellent value. 33/1 - 40/1 sound about right
        John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          Sorry for being ignorant but what does the bit in bold mean?
          It just means how far the edge of the slate goes into the corner pockets. The further into the pocket it goes the tighter they are down the rails.

Comment

It just means how far the edge of the slate goes into the corner pockets. The further into the pocket it goes the tighter they are down the rails.
            So how is that done then without buying new slates ?? do you mean the cushions were moved inboard slightly then ??

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              So how is that done then without buying new slates ?? do you mean the cushions were moved inboard slightly then ??
              No, you can move the cushions but that makes the middles bigger. We used car body filler to add some material into the slate at the corners and then sanded it down to the right shape, worked a treat.

Comment

No, you can move the cushions but that makes the middles bigger. We used car body filler to add some material into the slate at the corners and then sanded it down to the right shape, worked a treat.
                Very interesting, that popped into my mind but I didn't think something like that would work,will that last the test of time do you think?
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Surely you could re-do it every time the cloth gets changed if needs be.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    Very interesting, that popped into my mind but I didn't think something like that would work,will that last the test of time do you think?
                    Surprisingly car body filler is pretty solid, probably more solid than the slate! It's also easy to sand so it's ideal for the job. We might end up un-tightening them next time the table gets done, will see how tight they get when the cloth has been on for a month or two!

Comment

Well, he's drawn his pal Maguire in the 1st round, so I wonder how that'll pan out?
                      John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by shmeeko69 View Post
                        Well, he's drawn his pal Maguire in the 1st round, so I wonder how that'll pan out?
                        A very tough opener and with Maguire match sharp and confident after winning 3 matches, I would have him down as favourite for this match.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                          A very tough opener and with Maguire match sharp and confident after winning 3 matches, I would have him down as favourite for this match.
                          He might be mentally fatigued though and could go against him.

Comment

He might still be in the pub.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                              He might still be in the pub.
                              I think after three qualifying rounds, that's were I'd be :very_drunk:

Comment

A horrible first round loss in the World's which included a 7 frame spell where he only scored 1 point
                                It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Working...
                                X