Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do people think of Roy Chisholm's Snooker Secrets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
    lol, you should have a chat with me after drinking a bottle of Jack Daniels!!

You're on!
    Last edited by rimmer10; 28 July 2017, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• on my way to work guys. long night for me.

wish everyone a enjoyable.
      Friday evening.

Comment

Just out of curiosity , what was it you expected me to add ??
        Because for me it was obvious ( no trumpet blowing here ) what you was saying when I scrolled down I expected to see more. What?, no idea, because it was obvious what you was saying by the sketch alone. I was just thinking whats catch can there be on this one..
        JP Majestic
        3/4
        57"
        17oz
        9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
          Lol. Anyone else notice how the argument has changed from 'it doesn't happen' to 'it doesn't happen very much'?

I have. Little bit pregnant, some people.

And last time i played snooker - a few weeks ago, as it happens - it threw a ton, old naked cloth and all.
          Lol @ a little bit pregnant.

Comment

Well, not you for one.
            Hahaha, really.

MBS, you can ""KICK"" that blue in with a bit of LH side...

Go get your beauty sleep, buddy, it helps concentration to get passed and to beat those consistent 35 - 40"s....
            JP Majestic
            3/4
            57"
            17oz
            9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
              Hahaha, really.

MBS, you can ""KICK"" that blue in with a bit of LH side...

Go get your beauty sleep, buddy, it helps concentration to get passed and to beat those consistent 35 - 40"s....
              That's all were talking about, ya dimwit!

Comment

• Lmao,,,, ""dimwit""..
                JP Majestic
                3/4
                57"
                17oz
                9.5mm Elk

Comment

Guys ( members ) ,,, just wanted to add this . hope this helps clear the issue abit . :snooker:

Just in case anyone interested to find out .
                  This is actually a test to prove whether the side has an effect on CB and can change his path to the pocket, or not.
                  It's also an good test to show you the CB does'nt swerve in such a short distance . obviously , bcuz an little bit of CB swerve ( deflection ) , will cause movement in green ball . ( hence the green ball is placed there ) .

As you see in both pictures , potting blue is not possible ( doing center ball striking )
                  Play the shot with abit of left hand running side . Cue stright en keep the cue level ( parallel to the table ) . DO not raise the button .
                  If you can pott the blue this way and green does'nt move , than it's the side changing the CB path .

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
                  Yeah yeah , i see it . Hahaha ,

Just to add this during my break .

In this post , I used the term CB twice.* I shoulda have typing OB (NOT CB).
                  It was a typing error.
                  My apologies.

It's OB .

Comment

• Hahaha,

And could you change the red to that thing called a white cue ball ( CB )..

It must be confusing ""Mr Biggie Shot No Mates"". He is one frustrated sausage as it is..
                    JP Majestic
                    3/4
                    57"
                    17oz
                    9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Gotcha! Hendry blamed a kick!

https://youtu.be/e5T1ZRPkeo0

03:20. You will not find a clearer example of SIT on a snooker table, where, bizarrely, the laws of physics do not break down, vmax.

Who der thunk?

Comment

Gotcha! Hendry blamed a kick!

https://youtu.be/e5T1ZRPkeo0

03:20. You will not find a clearer example of SIT on a snooker table, where, bizarrely, the laws of physics do not break down, vmax.

Who der thunk?
                        That was definitely a kick, which is IMO just when the balls stick together for a little longer than usual on contact. Even Kyren thought it was a kick or he wouldn't have had the white cleaned, would he? I'm not debating whether or not side can kick/throw the OB off line, I'm with you on that, but this is an extreme example because of the kick.

Comment

• KW hit the white the same place as the Selby did - 5 o'clock, to create the action on the CB to successfully pot the red. I do not understand why Hendry and Taylor did not explain the shot further, all DT said was ""loads of side"", its not quite like that..
                          JP Majestic
                          3/4
                          57"
                          17oz
                          9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                            KW hit the white the same place as the Selby did - 5 o'clock, to create the action on the CB to successfully pot the red. I do not understand why Hendry and Taylor did not explain the shot further, all DT said was ""loads of side"", its not quite like that..
                            Probably because they do not know what happens when balls collide. And it was """loads of side""" mate - that CB stayed straight. Throw is at its maximum with a softly hit sliding CB ie a stun shot.

Comment

that CB stayed straight.
                              Here we go!, you sure that CB stayed dead straight?.
                              JP Majestic
                              3/4
                              57"
                              17oz
                              9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                                That was definitely a kick, which is IMO just when the balls stick together for a little longer than usual on contact. Even Kyren thought it was a kick or he wouldn't have had the white cleaned, would he? I'm not debating whether or not side can kick/throw the OB off line, I'm with you on that, but this is an extreme example because of the kick.
                                Good god, the denial is strong.

Hendry's ignorance of throw explains the phenomenon of kicks in snooker quite adroitly. Players that miss, or do not get the reaction off the cue ball that they were expecting, immediately call kick. This is not the case at all. They are making cueing errors, and putting traces of side on the ball, which leads to unexpected results after contact. IMO 90% of kicks are actually poor cueing - real kicks are caused by contaminants at the moment of impact (chalk, dust, fluff, hair etc) and are pretty rare.

I reckon quite a few kicks are caused by hair. If the table fitters/cleaners, refs, players and everyone else that comes into contact with the game were all female, i wonder if there would be fewer kicks? I suspect so.

Comment

Working...
                                X