Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do people think of Roy Chisholm's Snooker Secrets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with Terry, this has been an enjoyable argument and it has shown the true colours of some of the forum members. It really doesn't matter. The reason snooker players don't like to venture too far from the centre of the cue ball is that there are too many variables to consider for the pot, and this is just another reason not to do it. Wilson was lucky to pot that ball.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
      I agree with Terry, this has been an enjoyable argument and it has shown the true colours of some of the forum members. It really doesn't matter. The reason snooker players don't like to venture too far from the centre of the cue ball is that there are too many variables to consider for the pot, and this is just another reason not to do it. Wilson was lucky to pot that ball.

Lucky? As ever, what on earth are you talking about?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        It's useless in snooker or otherwise we would see it being used by the pros all the time. Probably useful in 9-ball but my opinion is 'who cares?'
        Useless? It's used all the time snooker. Seriously, what's wrong with you people?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
          I have no idea what happens when balls collide, I have no intention of educating myself on such a trivial matter. I am able to treat people in a respectful manner, it's up to you to decide which is more important.

Comment

...... Wilson was lucky to pot that ball.
            Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
            It's obvious by his reaction that he didn't pot it as he intended, surely you can acknowledge that ???
            so yes he WAS lucky !

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              It's obvious by his reaction that he didn't pot it as he intended, surely you can acknowledge that ???
              so yes he WAS lucky !
              No he wasn't lucky. Wilson knew exactly what was going to happen to the red.
              This thread is like groundhog day

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
                So why the reaction then ??

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  So why the reaction then ??
                  Only Wilson could tell us that. Players get balls cleaned all the time for no particular reason.
                  I play this kind of shot all the time and the results are very similar to what happened here.

Comment

Only Wilson could tell us that. Players get balls cleaned all the time for no particular reason.
                    I play this kind of shot all the time and the results are very similar to what happened here.
                    Lol ........

Comment

• When I play that shot, sometimes I get it perfect, sometimes too much, sometimes too little. Now and then you get a funny reaction, that's what happened to Kyren's shot, and that's why he had the cue ball cleaned. IMO of course, but I think it's disrespectful to a brilliant snooker player to say he just got the cue ball cleaned for no reason. He was in full flow, potting balls, nice rhythm. He's not Peter Ebdon and getting the cue ball cleaned only disrupts the flow. Good players know that keeping a nice rhythm is more important than "knowing what happens when balls collide"

Comment

When I play that shot, sometimes I get it perfect, sometimes too much, sometimes too little. Now and then you get a funny reaction, that's what happened to Kyren's shot, and that's why he had the cue ball cleaned. IMO of course, but I think it's disrespectful to a brilliant snooker player to say he just got the cue ball cleaned for no reason. He was in full flow, potting balls, nice rhythm. He's not Peter Ebdon and getting the cue ball cleaned only disrupts the flow. Good players know that keeping a nice rhythm is more important than "knowing what happens when balls collide"
                        Sigh. Players get the CB cleaned often after a good shot. Beware the easy one after the hard one and all that. It's a device to compose yourself.

Comment

• To say Wilson was lucky to pot that ball and I have no idea what happens when balls collide is a bit of a contradiction jonny

Comment

This whole board is like ground hog day mate. In about two months they'll have forgotten all about it, and will have gone back to believing in pixies swerving the balls, sight unseen, and we'll have the same discussion all over again. This must be my tenth time of trying, at least.

Some people simply cannot learn.

Comment

• Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
                              To say Wilson was lucky to pot that ball and I have no idea what happens when balls collide is a bit of a contradiction jonny

I'd give up trying to get any sense out of him if i were you mate - never gonna happen.

Comment

I have no idea what happens when balls collide, I have no intention of educating myself on such a trivial matter. I am able to treat people in a respectful manner, it's up to you to decide which is more important.
                                On a snooker site? That's easy: what happens when balls collide. It's rather important, you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X