Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do people think of Roy Chisholm's Snooker Secrets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
    Terry... Did you see my video?

https://youtu.be/90auRcpMRS8
    Yes I did. In the LH side shot the cueball attacked the OB slightly to your left side meaning the cueball bent slightly but the red ball followed the path it was hit at which wasn't a pot.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      All I want to see is the CB effecting an OB which then changes it's direction and an explanation of how that occurs and if it's repeatable. I agree, not too much to ask
      Don't think that's possible Terry. Doesn't a cue ball swerve because of side combined with the inevitable downward striking due to elevated butt in order to clear the cushion? Impossible to impart this sort of action onto the object ball.

Comment

Did you mean 5 o'clock? Why would you play it like that considering the cueball has to move up the table about a foot or so.
        He did mean 5 o'clock . Everyone is losing the plot now..
        JP Majestic
        3/4
        57"
        17oz
        9.5mm Elk

Comment

• So this is 56 pages of people agreeing?

Comment

Yes I did. In the LH side shot the cueball attacked the OB slightly to your left side meaning the cueball bent slightly but the red ball followed the path it was hit at which wasn't a pot.
            You think the red went exactly where you would expect for that contact point?
            WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
            Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
            --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• This thread has taken what can only be described as a surreal turn. Just to keep it going , I will make a film of me easily bending object balls around other balls, it's not that hard to do but does require a bit of decent cueing and some heavy heavy medication to be able to see it but from what I have read it seems a lot of folk on here are already on some so we should be ok.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                You think the red went exactly where you would expect for that contact point?
                Maybe yes maybe not but since you made the effort to record you could have hit it face on! Hehe

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
                  The Wilson vid shows you everything you need to know. How I play the Karmham black would be drag/right hand side (7 O clock) with slight deceleration.
                  Exactly.

Some appear to be making extra demands, such as the CB must hit the OB full face on, in a form of pedantry. This is rather unfair and disingenuous given they can't perform the shot at all. Mr Wilson, Mr Stark and the pool videos show that side xfer is real and can result in a corrective kick of the OB, spin of the OB and a pot that didn't seem possible. It can be done with no CB swerve or some CB swerve that then results in OB swerve; a matter of how much side is put on the ball I gather. I take my hat off to them all. Perhaps some appreciation of the skill set involved would be more appropriate than sniping herein?
                  Last edited by Little Reggie; 18 August 2017, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                    the pros/xpros mention turning balls in often on the box, when a player cant quite see enough of the ob to pot you will hear a commentator say the shot requires a touch of side not swerve but side to make the pot.
                    unintentional side is often the reason for missing a straightforward ball so surely intentional side can be used for potting. or should the correct terminology be: the reason why say ronnie missed it was cus he swerved it.
                    Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                    So who brought up this swerving OB thing? As I don't think it's helping

I thought we were just saying an angle can be made, OB turned over etc ie helping side on the CB changes the path of the OB.
                    Indeed. No one said anything about bending the OB . What J6 mentioned in his post* is actually the answer to this topic in this thread.

Comment

• I was on phone before so didn't see J6's vid: but yep, although it works without bottom, too.

re Reggie's Full Ball Contact point: I was using that as an example ie an off straight pot can be potted with a Full Ball Contact, with the appropriate side, and no\minimal swerving of the CB.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        this is not the same as discussed, TD wants a video showing the (using the same balls as the video) Blue arcing past a red that blocks the natural straight pot to the pocket, any video of that? The Cue ball and "potting angle" are not impeded but the pocket is.
                        With respect (sorta), terry hasn't got a clue what he wants.

He's clearly not following this AT ALL.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                          The player didn't compensate his aiming so that's cut induced spin as it's not a dead on full ball contact. I filmed myself on sunday with a mates smartphone, about fifteen minutes in all of me playing lots of side shots with my snooker size pool balls so all spin is visible. Will upload the video at the weekend, every single shot played with side, many different outcomes according to pace of shot, compensating aim and not compensating aim, with and against the nap, warts and all, no editing and I did get a bad contact as well so all avenues covered.
                          Lots to talk about and discuss so I will start a different thread.
                          Cut induced throw? Lol!

I've come to the conclusion there's something wrong with you lot - or it's epic mass trolling lol.

Do you lot actually watch the exceptionally clear and simple videos i post? I can only presume not.

As for the video, that is not cut induced throw (lol again), that is a trick shot. Hint for you: you can't play that shot with a measles ball and stay fashionable.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Little Reggie View Post
                            That's spot on, it's a kick effect as Mr Stark says. But I believe they're arguing about whether the OB then swerves as well and whether the CB hit the OB full contact or not, and how straight it travelled in various videos. I think they want a video of a straight travelling CB that hits the OB full contact on an unpotable angle, kicks the OB and makes the OB swerve if possible into the pocket as well. Not much then!
                            They are either deluded, stupid or trolling.

Even money on all. The idea that the OB swerves towards the pocket is one of the biggest lols I've ever had!

Comment

• Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
                              Is this of any interest at all?

[ATTACH]18862[/ATTACH]
                              Yes. Good find.

No value in that shot - to some.

Comment

Did you mean 5 o'clock? Why would you play it like that considering the cueball has to move up the table about a foot or so.
                                I was at work earlier so couldn't reply properly this afternoon. I would play it like this because I'd want the white to travel only a few inches if that was what required, like holding for a single red for instance

Comment

Working...
                                X