Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do people think of Roy Chisholm's Snooker Secrets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well...now we have Mr.B.S. laughing himself to death (good on him) and Travis upset with me because I say there is no effective transferred spin, along with a few others and I disagree with the great Jack Karnham and Chishol (but I'm in the company of Frank Callan so I'm OK).

Oh where, oh where is vmax when you need him. My next argument will there is no actual throwing of the object ball onto the potting line just a bent cueball which hits BOB correctly. Anyone up for that?
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
      Just found this video. Throws a bit of a curved ball into this somewhat lively discussion. No pun intended. Especially after me posting other videos. Don't know what to think anymore. Think I'm gonna pop out for a stiff drink
      https://youtu.be/4B4f_IDFips
      I posted that video pages back but it was poo pooed. After some thought about other vids I've seen I put this one down to the technique of the player. If you look at the first shot at 1/4 speed on settings, you'll notice that the hoop of the object ball is vertical. By the time it gets to the pocket, the hoop is diagonal, so there was some side xfer to affect both the axis and the rotation of the 10 ball.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        Well poop. Bring this to the attention of Mr. B.S. and Travis please and they should then join you for a drink but they buy of course! I started out saying spin transfer is so little as to be useless in snooker. Even if it was proven what use would it be? We all use side but for other reasons but side with no cushion involved is pretty much useless I think. I tried this exact same experiment and got exactly the same results as did Nic Barrow too.
        Did you not watch the Wilson vid? It's all there in all its glory

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
          Did you not watch the Wilson vid? It's all there in all its glory
          Which page is it on?

We should have had a Sweep on how many pages Ray's stuff could spurn.

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
            Which page is it on?

We should have had a Sweep on how many pages Ray's stuff could spurn.
            Post 519 mate

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
              Well poop. Bring this to the attention of Mr. B.S. and Travis please and they should then join you for a drink but they buy of course! I started out saying spin transfer is so little as to be useless in snooker. Even if it was proven what use would it be? We all use side but for other reasons but side with no cushion involved is pretty much useless I think. I tried this exact same experiment and got exactly the same results as did Nic Barrow too.
              What, it's not use, potting unpottable balls is no use? Really? If someone of Mr Stark's age can use it to pot the unpottable, we all can if we run out of position and we often do find ourselves a hair widths away from being able to pot direct. Are you saying it's no use because you can't play the shot?

Comment

Anyone for a pint?
                Sorry I'm repairing my walls, while my head is in bandages and I have to wear a Crash helmet

Comment

• Originally Posted by Little Reggie View Post
                  I posted that video pages back but it was poo pooed. After some thought about other vids I've seen I put this one down to the technique of the player. If you look at the first shot at 1/4 speed on settings, you'll notice that the hoop of the object ball is vertical. By the time it gets to the pocket, the hoop is diagonal, so there was some side xfer to affect both the axis and the rotation of the 10 ball.
                  Yeah I noticed that mate. But what about the second shot?

Comment

• Where you gone Tel? I want to here your words of wisdom on the Wilson shot

Comment

Yeah I noticed that mate. But what about the second shot?
                      True that. Damn, you've got me a tad confused a bit now. Did he hit the ball better first shot than second shot? Third shot, you can see the hoop of the 10 ball immediately start wobbing side to side after contact, the kick is immediate. He doesn't see it in real time but we can in slomo. I've moved from the sloe gin on to some Woodgate reserve Devonshire scrumpy cider from Lidl by the way, if you fancy a jar? 6% but oh so lovely, no sore throat.
                      Last edited by Little Reggie; 18 August 2017, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                        Sorry I'm repairing my walls, while my head is in bandages and I have to wear a Crash helmet
                        Lol! I think by the end of this thread we all gonna have a big get together in A&E. Still, apart from the odd unnecessary personal insult this has been most enjoyable!

Comment

Where you gone Tel? I want to here your words of wisdom on the Wilson shot
                          Worth having a look again from 2:40, it is a bit special as comms say. Listen to Hendry say the ball would have missed without the kick. But as Mr Stark says, the OB will kick with extreme side and it does, to the left. Extreme right side = kick to the left, needs to be factored in.

Comment

Lol! I think by the end of this thread we all gonna have a big get together in A&E. Still, apart from the odd unnecessary personal insult this has been most enjoyable!
                            Surely there has to be a grading ceremony at the end for all survivors and a belt promotion for everyone?

Comment

Post 519 mate

for anyone who wants to watch it again....

Blimey. I thought you meant a different Wilson - it must be the bandages and the helmet, not to mention the dents in the walls.....

The thing with that is DT (grrrr) says kick and Hendry goes with it, and the CB certainly looks to grip the OB more than it should, but it will have gone a bit left due to the RHS, imho.

Comment

• Has anyone messaged BS on his Youtube Channel to ask his opinion?

Comment

Working...
                                X