Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do people think of Roy Chisholm's Snooker Secrets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by cole46 View Post
    But you can make a plant that isn't touching the BOB
    Selective reasoning I'm afraid. My mother-in-law is approaching 90 and has these senior moments.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Little Reggie View Post
      Selective reasoning I'm afraid. My mother-in-law is approaching 90 and has these senior moments.
      Gee, maybe I should apologize to big shot for having a senior moment and also having the temerity to disagree with the self-acknowledged guru of all things billiard. Nah, can't do it. This string is 77 pages of mostly insults and drivel from a few people who disagree on cause but who all can still make the shots just like Barry Stark.
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        Gee, maybe I should apologize to big shot for having a senior moment and also having the temerity to disagree with the self-acknowledged guru of all things billiard. Nah, can't do it. This string is 77 pages of mostly insults and drivel from a few people who disagree on cause but who all can still make the shots just like Barry Stark.
        Agreed Terry .

Although I'm in the "spin has an effect on the OB " group , I think the insults and slagging off needs to stop .

Discussions like this are great for the forum but personal attacks are detrimental .

Valued members will just stop posting up in the end or worse ,they might leave the forum for good

Comment

• Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
          Agreed Terry .

Although I'm in the "spin has an effect on the OB " group , I think the insults and slagging off needs to stop .

Discussions like this are great for the forum but personal attacks are detrimental .

Valued members will just stop posting up in the end or worse ,they might leave the forum for good
          I'm also one of the trump supporters !!

*Abit more patience from both sides, could be useful indeed.

Comment

Mr. B.S. - I wish you would stop trying to correct what I'm saying. When I say transferred spin I mean EXACTLY that and NOT your 'spin induced throw' on the object ball. Your frenchman of 1835 was likely using ivory balls and different cloth and may have gotten a different effect. As for your 750 Dr. Dave videos you're like a Trump supporter, everything you agree with is right and everything and everyone you don't agree with is 'false news'.

You are an ignorant person who gets off on insulting people who don't agree with you and you belong in a place where that is accepted behaviour, like maybe try joining Trump's cabinet or as an advisor as he seems to be missing a few lately. Try to get Bannon's job.

There is only one contact point when potting an OB and that is the holy point BOB, all other potting points are the devil's handiwork and those that espouse them should be banished from snooker heaven. So there!

(vmax has put up another string with video so you should check that out to see how many times you can insult him.)
            Unfortunately for you, your analogy falls at the first hurdle. I am using reason, science and logic to further your understanding - I'm afraid it's you who is pedaling fake news. Anyone thinking a video of vmax butchering pool balls on a snooker table proves anything is a fool.

Spin induced throw is very real. That you choose to remain ignorant is regrettable, but we'll all live.

Comment

• This is a decent video on explaining
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xoSyNGpzw50

Comment

• Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                This is a decent video on explaining
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xoSyNGpzw50
                yep good find

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                  Unfortunately for you, your analogy falls at the first hurdle. I am using reason, science and logic to further your understanding - I'm afraid it's you who is pedaling fake news. Anyone thinking a video of vmax butchering pool balls on a snooker table proves anything is a fool.

Spin induced throw is very real. That you choose to remain ignorant is regrettable, but we'll all live.
                  I don't think you are using anything like science and logic, but you obviously have watched a lot of video which I think makes you feel you are expert enough to comment on other people posts and insult them all. You just have no class at all which is really a sad thing.
                  Terry Davidson

Comment

I don't think you are using anything like science and logic, but you obviously have watched a lot of video which I think makes you feel you are expert enough to comment on other people posts and insult them all. You just have no class at all which is really a sad thing.
                    Just bizarre. Dr Dave has a ph.d. in his subject and has studied spin for decades and published in peer reviewed journals, yet BS doesn't know what he's talking about when he repeats the empirical evidence from this expert. Yet you, who can hit a six break by stabbing the ball with a 14'' bridge to ball can discount such evidence. You do yourself no favours. None of the pros I've known would rubbish either Dave or Mr Stark; your arrogance!

Comment

Just bizarre. Dr Dave has a ph.d. in his subject and has studied spin for decades and published in peer reviewed journals, yet BS doesn't know what he's talking about when he repeats the empirical evidence from this expert. Yet you, who can hit a six break by stabbing the ball with a 14'' bridge to ball can discount such evidence. You do yourself no favours. None of the pros I've known would rubbish either Dave or Mr Stark; your arrogance!
                      How does one get a Ph.D. in spin? It is a self-serving Ph.D. that comes from years of study. I have had tons in competition although that was in the 80's and I do have many centuries in practice on all types of tables. I developed that poor technique after I quit the game for 10 years and I'm still trying to correct it. You and others don't have the guts to publish videos of yourself because you are afraid to open yourselves up to any criticism as it might puncture your egos.

I disagree with the conclusions reached by Dr. Dave but I'm allowed to disagree as it's just my opinion but you and others go on and on just like if your were a born-again Christian and I said I don't think God exists. If it was the 1500's you'd be burning me at the stake for having a different opinion.
                      Terry Davidson

Comment

How does one get a Ph.D. in spin? It is a self-serving Ph.D. that comes from years of study. I have had tons in competition although that was in the 80's and I do have many centuries in practice on all types of tables. I developed that poor technique after I quit the game for 10 years and I'm still trying to correct it. You and others don't have the guts to publish videos of yourself because you are afraid to open yourselves up to any criticism as it might puncture your egos.

I disagree with the conclusions reached by Dr. Dave but I'm allowed to disagree as it's just my opinion but you and others go on and on just like if your were a born-again Christian and I said I don't think God exists. If it was the 1500's you'd be burning me at the stake for having a different opinion.
                        Yeah, publish your counter knowledge of Dr. Dave's scientific theories then, disproving what he says in peer reviewed journals, not just hearsay. He's used a lot of kit and analysis to reach his conclusions. Until you do, please show some respect to those who've devoted decades to research. Research btw, backed up by Mr Stark, a respected coach. What you've written on two threads reflects badly on ISBF. Trading insults with BS is very poor form for a 'coach.'

Comment

Yeah, publish your counter knowledge of Dr. Dave's scientific theories then, disproving what he says in peer reviewed journals, not just hearsay. He's used a lot of kit and analysis to reach his conclusions. Until you do, please show some respect to those who've devoted decades to research. Research btw, backed up by Mr Stark, a respected coach. What you've written on two threads reflects badly on ISBF. Trading insults with BS is very poor form for a 'coach.'
                          I don't have the time or the facilities to post 250 videos on youtube. Who cares what my opinion of these different characteristics of billiard balls really are, as long as I can use those effects I don't have to understand the physics behind them. It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. I don't have to respect them although I do respect Stark and have never bothered watching a pool guru's videos except for the ones posted here.

As for insulting BS, it's my OPINION he deserves it since he started down this insult road. You have already been barred from this forum in the past for some of the comments you made previously and I imagine Andrew is monitoring this string closely. On the other hand, I have helped a lot of players on here improve their games and I will continue to do so despite the insults.
                          Terry Davidson

Comment

I guess I won't add you to my student's list then, That's IBSF by the way and I'm not on their coaches list on their website even though I paid my fee and passed their qualification. I've been recognized by the WPBSA too just like Barry Stark and I've additionally taken the Matchroom Senior Coach training with the Griffiths.
                            Terry Davidson

Comment

• I'm finding this all impacts on my practice time and I have tournaments coming up soon in September so I'll limit my responses to correcting obvious errors or 'fake news'
                              Terry Davidson

Comment

I don't believe in god either, it's a crock of s###e, so we do at least agree on one thing.
                                However, it seems to me to be the other way round.
                                When someone disagrees with you, you start replying to everyone saying how wrong they are. Does it ever occur to you that sometimes you might be wrong.
                                You are not Yoda to all things snooker, far from it.

Btw, Barry Stark is 74 and still smooth as f###
                                Last edited by travisbickle; 21 August 2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X