Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do people think of Roy Chisholm's Snooker Secrets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Your not taking the cue ball back at the same angle Ted, you lined it up to the right knuckle pulled the cue ball back and lined it up centre pocket, doing that you are asking for incredible throw, I'm not saying you are wrong but you have to pull the cue ball back in a straight line so that the shot is kept the same.
    The only point of the blue being in the way, is that the MOST you can hit of the red, will not send it into the pocket. Doesn't matter where you put the cue ball. You can either hit enough of the red or you can't.
    WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Have this guy a game

Comment

• Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
        So me and my mate Robbie had another mess around with this tonight. If we blocked the potting angle of a red with another ball very slightly, we COULD NOT get the red to pot, even with lots of attempts.

I have attached a small video we did trying to show this, and as I say, this is only a little demo, but even with 20+ attempts, we could not get the red to "throw" or "kick" in the pocket.

So I think Terry and Vmax could well be right here, and I'll be the first to apologise if they are!

I said the first vid didn't throw off much as well, on your first vid, look at the shadows under the balls as they meet, you can see the cue ball is sending the red roundabout where it ends up.

I'm not really reading the posts on this thread anymore though. It's a bit foul and amiss now

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
          I said the first vid didn't throw off much as well, on your first vid, look at the shadows under the balls as they meet, you can see the cue ball is sending the red roundabout where it ends up.

I'm not really reading the posts on this thread anymore though. It's a bit foul and amiss now
          Yes mate. You could well be right. It's certainly maybe changed my mind doing these videos.

As I say, I think Vmax could be bang on here. And I'll hold my hands up and say he's right!
          WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
          Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
          --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
            So me and my mate Robbie had another mess around with this tonight. If we blocked the potting angle of a red with another ball very slightly, we COULD NOT get the red to pot, even with lots of attempts.

I have attached a small video we did trying to show this, and as I say, this is only a little demo, but even with 20+ attempts, we could not get the red to "throw" or "kick" in the pocket.

So I think Terry and Vmax could well be right here, and I'll be the first to apologise if they are!

Good morning friend ,

Nice vid , but ....

You spot the balls in a wrong position .
            you spot the blue in such away that you have NO full ball contact on Red. you have only half ball ( or 3/4 ) contact with red.
            You need a full ball contact with red. bcuz only this way the effect can do it's job.
            What you do here is only hitting the half red. thr is no transfer of effect in this case.
            all you do is pushing the OB.
            So yes , you need to block the potting angle and at the same time , left a full ball contact with red.
            just like the situation I described in post number 233 ( page 24 ) in this thread.

unless i'm mistaking of cours !!

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
              If Wilson was playing a swerve shot his cue would be a lot higher then it was. There is no doubt whatsoever that Wilson played the shot as we all saw it
              Wilson was ""partially"" hampered by the intervening pink. No need to raise the butt to create a more banana effect. 5 o'clock soft hit ( a bit draggy ) was sufficient to create the slight swerve, which was on his CB..
              Last edited by throtts; 19 August 2017, 06:48 AM.
              JP Majestic
              3/4
              57"
              17oz
              9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Just to add a point here ,

Wilson was ""partially"" hampered by the intervening red.
                But in that case , there was a gap between pink and red .
                At the time of contact , he had a full ball contact with OB.

Comment

• Did you see a slight swerve on the CB, Ramon.?.
                  JP Majestic
                  3/4
                  57"
                  17oz
                  9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                    Did you see a slight swerve on the CB, Ramon.?.
                    Yes of cours i did .

That was my point . Bcuz thr was a gap thr he could do the slight swerve with CB and get behnd the red .
                    So , at the time of contact , CB had a full ball contact .
                    Otherwise , we wold'nt able to see was it the thrw or the angle
                    Which pushed the OB to the left .

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                      Your not taking the cue ball back at the same angle Ted, you lined it up to the right knuckle pulled the cue ball back and lined it up centre pocket, doing that you are asking for incredible throw, I'm not saying you are wrong but you have to pull the cue ball back in a straight line so that the shot is kept the same.
                      Yep. My aged eyes aren't to good, but it looks to me like you have the CB and OB in a line with the Pocket.

So you are using side to counter the angle ie cutting the OB to the left (from our view) with the side taking it to the right so the sum effect is straightness. This isn't the same thing as "helping" or moving off straight.

At very least you need the CB and OB in a line with the cushion to the left (as we look) of the pocket. (Note for some above: Helping Side, or all that jazz that we are (I think) talking about starts from straightness and then helps the direction of cutting ie making bigger, but is easier to show from straight.)

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                        That's already been posted
                        About 6 times, and laughed out of court each time. "This is a ten ball. It's basically a nine ball.

The comments are quite interesting as one is from nic barrow, who posted in support of this nonsense. That was 5 years ago - i wonder if his mind has been changed since then.

Terry- please ask him if you are still in contact - just don't talk about bending balls and loop da loops, ok? Would be interesting to see if he has seen the light. He told me after the fall out from his aiming machine thing he was a big admirer of Dr Dave's work, so suspect he's seen the light.

Comment

• Can't be bothered reading this to see if it's been done but has anyone actually given the Wilson shot a go?

I'd wager that you won't pot the red hitting it in the same spot as Wilson did without a bad contact.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                            Well poop. Bring this to the attention of Mr. B.S. and Travis please and they should then join you for a drink but they buy of course! I started out saying spin transfer is so little as to be useless in snooker. Even if it was proven what use would it be? We all use side but for other reasons but side with no cushion involved is pretty much useless I think. I tried this exact same experiment and got exactly the same results as did Nic Barrow too.
                            Should have waited for the gloating lol.

That video is total crap mate.

Try one from the experts, who have actually studied the game in infinite detail, rather than a hack that thinks a ten ball is a nine ball lol.

Please actually watch this for once as I'm getting rather sick of linking it.

https://youtu.be/-jUL_8aZ2LU

And have another, there are thousands of these things if you actually bother looking

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xoSyNGpzw50

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                              Sorry I'm repairing my walls, while my head is in bandages and I have to wear a Crash helmet
                              Lol.

This thread is...i unbelievable. That GOOD PLAYERS are wholly ignorant of the game they play is... a little bit frightening.

Comment

• Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
                                Lol! I think by the end of this thread we all gonna have a big get together in A&E. Still, apart from the odd unnecessary personal insult this has been most enjoyable!
                                A&E? Psychiatric ward, surely?

Comment

Working...
                                X