Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do people think of Roy Chisholm's Snooker Secrets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Little Reggie View Post
    I think that's what Mr Stark called 'kick' in his video. It would appear to have some credance, whether one calls it kick or throw. Terminology appears to be of great importance on this forum from what I can read but whatever one calls it, it does appear to be a thing in conjunction with imparted spin. Well I never. Thankyou once again.

This form hasn't got a clue about terminology mate.

https://youtu.be/fxvkI9MTQw4

Comment

I think that's what Mr Stark called 'kick' in his video. It would appear to have some credance, whether one calls it kick or throw. Terminology appears to be of great importance on this forum from what I can read but whatever one calls it, it does appear to be a thing in conjunction with imparted spin. Well I never. Thankyou once again.
      NO!! BS taslks about the OB deviating from the path it would follow if the CB had no side spin.*

I've watched a few of his and I have an aged memory of him saying that Spin on the OB is a matter for debate.

*This is why this thread is heading for 50, if not 90 pages as people are confusing the 2.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
        I agree we should use the same terms, so we will use snooker terms as this is a snooker forum, I don't think that's asking too much. If you want to use pool terms , there is a pool forum run by the same folk, that never gets used for some strange reason considering pool is far far more popular than snooker, must be too busy trying to educate us on here.
        These are common terms for all cue sports. Quite why snooker deems itself as a separate entity is rather difficult to fathom. Snooker is an incredibly niche sport that got lucky. It is in no position to start dictating terms.

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
          NO!! BS taslks about the OB deviating from the path it would follow if the CB had no side spin.*

I've watched a few of his and I have an aged memory of him saying that Spin on the OB is a matter for debate.

*This is why this thread is heading for 50, if not 90 pages as people are confusing the 2.
          I'm giving up trying to explain we're talking about spin induced throw and not spin transfer lol.

Anyway, Reggie's a very naughty boy!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
            Snooker loopy down my local club has been playing for 40 years and still hasn't had a 50 break. Keep practising, they say...
            That's because he's not practicing, vast difference between bashing balls around and practicing.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

He says at 4.48 that the object ball is getting kicked slightly to the left. Is he talking about an initial kick to the left that can then be followed by throw as per Rimmer's video?

Comment

He says at 4.48 that the object ball is getting kicked slightly to the left. Is he talking about an initial kick to the left that can then be followed by throw as per Rimmer's video?
                Yes: well I think\assume so as I cnt be assed to scroll up, but he is not talking about OB spin. He is talking about deviation of the OB from the path it would follow from a CB with no side spin.

Comment

Yes: well I think\assume so as I cnt be assed to scroll up, but he is not talking about OB spin. He is talking about deviation of the OB from the path it would follow from a CB with no side spin.
                  I guess relevancy is important and while I take my hat off to Mr Stark on most things I believe Rimmer's video to be the one to base a discussion on. It appears that imparted spin and throw/kick aren't exclusive and can act in accordance to make the OB do two strange things simultaneously. Amazing.

Comment

• From my position of ignorance:
                    the OB can deviate from the path it would form a CB without side spin (and the bod with the Pool Balls does this higher up);
                    and SIT is different and probably more difficult to impart, but I should be going tomorrow and will try and get hold of some stripey balls to have a go.

Comment

From my position of ignorance:
                      the OB can deviate from the path it would form a CB without side spin (and the bod with the Pool Balls does this higher up);
                      and SIT is different and probably more difficult to impart, but I should be going tomorrow and will try and get hold of some stripey balls to have a go.
                      Great idea, a test. What is SIT btw? Thankyou.

Comment

• Spin on the OB from the CB.

Is it a Freeball?

Comment

• From the video posted please notice the cueball is not hitting the OB dead-on so there is some gear effect taking place there as there is in any angled shot. Whether this alters the OB path is up for debate.

I would like to see a video where the OB will not pot in a straight line but the striker puts spin on the cueball and gets the OB to swerve, or at least change its path and get into the pocket. Now that would be a useful tool for both snooker and pool. Don't know how you could set it up though so the viewer can see the OB will not pot in a straight line because there is a couple of millimeters of another ball in the way. Of course you could always play a combo in this scenario though.
                          Terry Davidson
                          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• It is funny how people don't know what they arguing about.

Comment

• Comment

• That about sums it up, Byrom!!
                                WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                                Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X