Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
    Terry ,

J6 is not the only one who's using this term ( straightening the OB ) . You ask pro's and they all can tell you about it .*

for god sake man ,* wake up.
    For goodness sake Ramon, don't get involved. Throwing the OB using spin is something I cannot understand and I have taken physics and I have lots of experience. I still think the CB is curling into BOB or near BOB because I cannot understand how spin on the CB causes the 2 to stick together longer and it would have to be comparatively a LOT longer to turn or throw the OB up to 15*.

You should all take what Dr. Dave does on a 4 x8 pool table with a well used cloth with a grain of salt and try the same shots on a snooker table with a fine nap and over longer distance and see what happens. Since there are microscopic flaws in both balls maybe it's a 'gear effect' but I would think the spinning cueball would cut down the amount of time the balls are in contact. I just don't see it but the only way this will be solved is with 2 hi-speed camera in sync, one showing the complete shot and one focused on the contact point and with lines drawn from the pocket through the centre of the OB. Probably not gonna happen. I am just disagreeing with these guys, not calling their spin faith into question as I believe in spin religious freedom but it's obvious they don't and have to bad-mouth anyone not in tune with their beliefs. SAD.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Terry ,

J6 is not the only one who's using this term ( straightening the OB ) . You ask pro's and they all can tell you about it .*

for god sake man ,* wake up.
      Your happy face doesn't relieve you of being sarcastic in this one Ramon. I have never had the need to discuss this esoteric topic with any pros. It appears, according to our resident scientist and expert that this theory was first proposed in 1835 by someone using ivory balls which were softer than our present day balls and on a much coarser cloth to boot. Believe what you want, I'm not trying to convert anyone but for C*rist's sake don't keep trying to convince me of something that your spin faith tells you is true BECAUSE I DON'T CARE!
      Terry Davidson

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
        Hang on, Terry has three times the amount of maximums as pottr?

#speechless #revising decision to stop betting.
        More sarcasm from you. Ever heard the saying, 'sarcasm is the refuge of fools' because you certainly are an example. You started it.
        Terry Davidson

Comment

Terry, Terry, Terry...

The argument was - please pay attention here - PUT TO BED in 1835. That two slow witted snooker players, two centuries later, still don't understand something is neither here nor there. Proven by science. Proven by millions of players. Proven as conclusively as it is back spin on the CB causes it to race backwards after hitting an OB.

NOT a theory
          NOT an argument
          NOT a discussion

And i feel my IQ diminishing every time you use that religious analogy. It's completely cringe mate. Don't you realise YOU'RE the religious fanatics and WE'RE the scientists? Hasn't that penny dropped yet?

It really should.
          Well, let's hope your IQ doesn't diminish any more then shall we. But then again you are like some religious fanatic trying to convert us unholy infidels to your way of thinking because it's the right way, they say God is real and you say spin throw is real. What's the difference? Hopefully this will take your IQ down to match your hat size.

I am not 'slow witted' you troll and I have plenty of proof no matter how you calculate slowness. Will you please quit with the insults and sarcasm. So you believe in SIT...big deal...I don't. It's fake news pushed by the liberal media in France in 1835 and religiously followed by some people today.
          Terry Davidson

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
            Well, let's hope your IQ doesn't diminish any more then shall we. But then again you are like some religious fanatic trying to convert us unholy infidels to your way of thinking because it's the right way, they say God is real and you say spin throw is real. What's the difference? Hopefully this will take your IQ down to match your hat size.

I am not 'slow witted' you troll and I have plenty of proof no matter how you calculate slowness. Will you please quit with the insults and sarcasm. So you believe in SIT...big deal...I don't. It's fake news pushed by the liberal media in France in 1835 and religiously followed by some people today.
            Lol, You losing it Tel!
            If I were you I would just stay away from this thread for the sake of your health

Comment

Your happy face doesn't relieve you of being sarcastic in this one Ramon. I have never had the need to discuss this esoteric topic with any pros. It appears, according to our resident scientist and expert that this theory was first proposed in 1835 by someone using ivory balls which were softer than our present day balls and on a much coarser cloth to boot. Believe what you want, I'm not trying to convert anyone but for C*rist's sake don't keep trying to convince me of something that your spin faith tells you is true BECAUSE I DON'T CARE!
              it was not sarcasm. I'm in shock. When I read some of your posts, I think your account has been hacked by someone else. ( you and vmax ).*
              How is it possible that someone with your knowledge and experience talks about using side in the game of snooker,* like that.
              And FYI , i do'nt care about Dr Dave .
              Anyway , I'm gonna* follow your advice and not getting involved.
              As a matter of fact , i'm gonna take the gun and shoot myself . goodbye TSf.

Comment

You're turning into Donald trump more by the day.

This is bigly.

Comment

Did it hurt!, you there!...
                  JP Majestic
                  3/4
                  57"
                  17oz
                  9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
                    Lol, You losing it Tel!
                    If I were you I would just stay away from this thread for the sake of your health
                    He could actually try hitting the table and working it all out for himself.

Comment

You're turning into Donald trump more by the day.

This is bigly.

Aren't you in bed yet with your bed cap on?. Getting late oll boy..
                      JP Majestic
                      3/4
                      57"
                      17oz
                      9.5mm Elk

Comment

it was not sarcasm. I'm in shock. When I read some of your posts, I think your account has been hacked by someone else. ( you and vmax ).*
                        How is it possible that someone with your knowledge and experience talks about using side in the game of snooker,* like that.
                        And FYI , i do'nt care about Dr Dave .
                        Anyway , I'm gonna* follow your advice and not getting involved.

Don't forget to adjust for deflection mate.

Comment

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                          Did it hurt!, you there!...
                          no worries my friend ,
                          I have 9 lives. this was only one of them.
                          still 8 to go.

Comment

Don't forget to adjust for deflection mate.
                            distance was too short. Did'nt have to worry about that part.

Comment

• Mr. Praline [John Cleese]: It's not pining. It's passed on. This parrot is no more. It has ceased to be. It's expired and gone to meet its maker. This is a late parrot. It's a stiff. Bereft of life, it rests in peace. If you hadn't nailed it to the perch, it would be pushing up the daisies. It's rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. THIS IS AN EX-PARROT.
                              Monty Python's Flying Circus
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

distance was too short. Did'nt have to worry about that part.
                                Hahaha,
                                Head still and lose grip too..
                                JP Majestic
                                3/4
                                57"
                                17oz
                                9.5mm Elk

Comment

Working...
                                X