X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• travisbickle
    replied
    Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    Don't remember saying that, and what the hell do you mean anyway, they do deflect or they don't because if they don't then you either didn't watch the video, or did and saw something happening that you don't believe in.

No one has yet put up a video of the three shots that will prove me wrong so I'll state them again.

Set up a dead straight shot into a corner pocket at the top of the table, cueing from the yellow side, cue ball and OB three feet apart, dead in line with an intervening ball about 3mm in the way half way between them, the Wilson shot as it's become known.
    Shot one
    Pot the OB using right hand side (spinning with the nap) to miss the intervening ball.
    Shot two
    Set up exactly the same shot but hit the same contact point on the OB striking centre cue ball as you did using right hand side to make the pot.
    Shot three
    Set up exactly the same shot but hit the same contact point using left hand side as you did using right hand side to make the pot.

All three shots to be played at the same pace.

Travis reckons he can do all three but won't put up a video.
    Travis also states that he can miss the intervening ball by the thicknes of a pound coin striking centre cue ball and make the same contact on the OB as he can using right hand side, but then again he does make two or three centuries a week so is a far better player than me.

I've tried it and can pot the OB with right hand side, can't hit the same contact point centre cue ball, and just nick it or miss it altogether with left hand side despite compensating my aiming for the opposite deflection of the cue ball to miss the intervening ball by a hair, let alone the thickness of a pound coin. Bloody tough shot to judge that one as its something that you never do.

What I'd really like to see is biggie having a go with his newly overhauled cue :devilish:

Brand new hand made cue for anyone who can, and I won't duck out, I've already made it and put it aside.
    Travis has never said he can play the shot with left hand side..stop talkin s****!
    I read a bit of the other thread that Big Shot put up. You haven't learned much in 3 years have you

Leave a comment:

• travisbickle
    replied
    Originally Posted by pottr View Post
    I've stated many times that I believe that shot exists.

But, like Terry says, if you're using side for shots when you're not using a cushion... other than in that rare instance, you're a ****ing moron... Anyone who thinks the pros use side when they're not using a cushion... They're not and if you think that, you're also a ****ing moron.

Yes, exactly... that's the situation that exists... But it is very rare over the course of many frames that shot comes up... People on this thread are acting like it's a fundamental part of break building and it just isn't.
    It's not rare at all.
    Over the course of a big break the subtle version of the shot might pop up 2/3 times.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by Triedandtested View Post
    Pity this forum is not what it once was.

Seems these days it's endless pages of utter nonsense then along with forum members going at each other, you can sort of see why many members left.
    T
    What are you looking for T&T? Can't all be 100% technical tips and advice, I must admit seeing the dwindling numbers on here is sad but maybe a question of sport type dynamic on here may bring people back? Needs a bit of fun. Any thoughts on that?

Leave a comment:

• Triedandtested
    replied
    Pity this forum is not what it once was.

Seems these days it's endless pages of utter nonsense then along with forum members going at each other, you can sort of see why many members left.

Leave a comment:

• Ramon
    replied
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    Right this is now totally epic, I've got a hugely important bet (£1) riding that says this thread will make a century of pages. Only 350 to go and I can literally buy 100 gummy bears! Obviously I will be contributing quality posts such as this to support my goal. Cmon lads we can do this!

Ramon need you in the game friend so I forbid you from getting banned! Remember TSF gaol is where they store all the wonky cues! Not a good space.
    That's the easy part !!
    Already used to tsf jail . You should try . It's a wonderful place .
    Dean comes along every day to bring food. Much better facilities compared to few years back.

Leave a comment:

• Ramon
    replied
    I'm Ramon's bitch Throtty boy x
    No my friend. You're a valuable memeber here as far as I'm concerned
    And I enjoy reading your posts !!

I was referring to your anger btw, do'nt take that literally.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Right this is now totally epic, I've got a hugely important bet (£1) riding that says this thread will make a century of pages. Only 350 to go and I can literally buy 100 gummy bears! Obviously I will be contributing quality posts such as this to support my goal. Cmon lads we can do this!

Ramon need you in the game friend so I forbid you from getting banned! Remember TSF gaol is where they store all the wonky cues! Not a good space.

Leave a comment:

• pottr
    replied
    Sidespin on a snooker table both with and against the nap

I'm Ramon's bitch Throtty boy x

Leave a comment:

• throtts
    replied
    [QUOTE=Ramon;938954]
    They don't know who I am, HMBS.

You brought them up, not me.

Bet you would lose. I am proud of my one maxi

Ramon... peace and good will to you. I like ya.[/QUOTE]

do you realy think I do'nt know what kind of player you are??
    Do you realy think i do'nt realize how important your contributions to this forum is ? what's a matter with ya ?
    Well, I do.
    I enjoy your posts/your knowledge regarding snooker/
    And gusse what? I have no problem with anyone who is expressing his opinion.
    Your behaviour and the way you're talking about snooker,( as one of the best players in TSF ), has influence on the behaviour of a poor player like me and many other players around the world who are reading this forum.
    As a decent player you should know that.
    Just bcuz i do'nt like you, does'nt give me the right to insult you.
    And this is my opinion.
    Now, I'm not your father / friend / neither i'm in a position force you to do something .
    Just as your fellow member, ( and belive it or not , as well as one your fans here) asked you to give it a thought. That's all !!

And you diss me again , I'll kick your arse!!
    That really is a ""Pink Handbag"" post

Leave a comment:

• Ramon
    replied
    [QUOTE=pottr;938953]They don't know who I am, HMBS.

Ramon... peace and good will to you. I like ya.[/QUOTE]

do you realy think I do'nt know what kind of player you are??
    Do you realy think i do'nt realize how important your contributions to this forum is ? what's a matter with ya ?
    Well, I do.
    I enjoy your posts/your knowledge regarding snooker/
    And gusse what? I have no problem with anyone who is expressing his opinion.
    Your behaviour and the way you're talking about snooker,( as one of the best players in TSF ), has influence on the behaviour of a poor player like me and many other players around the world who are reading this forum.
    As a decent player you should know that.
    Just bcuz i do'nt like you, does'nt give me the right to insult you.
    And this is my opinion.
    Now, I'm not your father / friend / neither i'm in a position force you to do something .
    Just as your fellow member, ( and belive it or not , as well as one your fans here) asked you to give it a thought. That's all !!

And you diss me again , I'll kick your arse!!

Leave a comment:

• pottr
    replied

They don't know who I am, HMBS.

Ramon... peace and good will to you. I like ya.

Leave a comment:

• Ramon
    replied
    You know what, lad

I'll say what I want, about any subject I choose to and in any manner I feel fit.

You do feel free to do the same.

The job of Thought Police doesn't pay very well x
    Well in that case ,

lay your lazy bitch down in pram for Christ sakes and start making sense would ya !!

Bcuz This way we might learn something here.

Although, I doubt you would.

Get sum rest friend , looks like you need it .

Leave a comment:

• Hello, Mr Big Shot
    replied
    Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    My memory must be going as I don't remember having a discussion about side, either transferred or otherwise with you ('oldtimer's disease?'). I still believe an OB can be potted with an intervening ball present at a narrow margin by using the opposite throw on a CB by using side, not hitting the CB too hard (or drag maybe) and have the CB swing back to pot the OB. Any decent player has done this many times. Whether it actually contacts BOB or some other spot on the OB doesn't matter as long as it can be repeated.

I'm sure the theory is with side on the CB it clings to the OB for a slightly longer time and alters the path the OB takes. However this is the definition of a kick, albeit a small one and even Dr. Dave the OB Throw Guru states this. So it we're generating kicks with all of these shots then by definition they are dangerous but they're nice and satisfying when you pot the OB.

Don't give a rat's ass why it happens, just that it does and I can control it. I just find it hard to believe we are purposely using a kick to pot the OB. In addition to this the effect can only be controlled for close shots and is dangerous for longer pots unless the OB is over a pocket. Wilson's shot did look like he got a small kick and he almost missed the red.
    Please stop going on about kicks. You're the only one that does. Where on earth are you getting the idea dr dave says this is a kick? This is an example of fake news - Hendry and Taylor said it about the wilson shot - wrongly - and now even the science guys are saying it, apparently!

SIT happens on every shot, to a greater or lessor degree. A kick is an entirely different thing.

Leave a comment:

• Hello, Mr Big Shot
    replied
    Ronnie O Sullivan is a complete ****ing moron... An absolute spoilt brat, couldn't give a **** what he says about anything.

Never met Peter Ebdon, great player... wouldn't want to listen to him though as his action isn't the easiest to replicate...

Shaun Murphy is a gent and a phenomenal cueist... He also thinks he solved the kick riddle and believes in the existence of Christ, I disagree.

Would you care to make this interesting? Money in an escrow? A grand? It would be seriously easy money.

I'll need to do it in November though... My better halves parents are coming over from SA for a month on sunday and then we're off to the canaries for a fortnight.

Come on HMBS, show us your bollocks? x

P.S One more maximum that you'll ever make.
    Seriously disappointed in the one maxi mate. You way you talk, i was expecting one a day, at least.

I don't gamble but if i did I'd take it in a heart beat. I wouldn't throw that bet out to all if i were you.

I'm sure Ronnie, ebbo and Murphy speak highly of you, too.

Leave a comment:

• pottr
    replied

You know what, lad

I'll say what I want, about any subject I choose to and in any manner I feel fit.

You do feel free to do the same.

The job of Thought Police doesn't pay very well x

Leave a comment:

Working...
X