Sidespin on a snooker table both with and against the nap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pottr:

Here's another challenge for you and I want to be able to bet on it so set it up and arrange a neutral table and get the bookie's odds so I can bet against Travis' foolishness. He says he must be better than both of us as he feels he knows more about side than either of us ever will. I was using side when he was a gleam in his old man's eye fer goodness sake. Also, it must be that if you feel you know side and can use it then you must be capable of running 2 or more centuries every week (which I have to admit I no longer do, but then again I'm honest and old too).

Every time Travis speaks he shows how little he knows regarding snooker and side. Biggy seems to be the same way. I can't understand what throtts did and I can't seem to understand what j6 is trying to accomplish since he has to know it's always inside side to kill the CB.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      Why the hell do you think we want the camera over the pocket. We want to see the whole shot, cue, CB, OB and then we can see the angle.
      You can clearly see the pocket,red, pink to see the pot wasn't a full ball pot

Comment

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
        My 3/4 black shots off its spot were, green side and baulk side of (or pink side and NOT in between black spot and top cushion side ).

After J6 kicked the red in with RH side because of the intervening ball he then played a 3/4 red potting it to the right on the green side using LH side to hold the CB for the black. Granted, I thought a nicely executed screw shot would have given the same result as J6 got, but he was clear about his use of the LH side.

Anyway , I give it another go tomoz.
        OK, I looked at the shots and unfortunately j6 covered the CB with his shoulder. He said on the 3:50 shot he used LH side but he initially lined up for RH side and again at 7:10 he didn't say which side but the CB was covered again but it looked like LH side to me. I would never take on a cut shot on the black using side and drag to hold the spot or near to the spot. That's why the inventors of billiards put the top spot closest to a cushion so it could be used. It makes more sense with reds and holding for precise position if you need to break the pack or something or stay on the black for a red near the top cushion.
        Last edited by Terry Davidson; 14 September 2017, 09:10 PM.
        Terry Davidson

Comment

wrong. Biggy said SIT disappears with power but of course on this shot you have a lot of CB throw to the left with the RH side so you aim full ball on the black. I think you're confused over the terms. Full-ball on the black means if you don't aim-off for the side and if it was a straight stun with no side you would hit the cushion before the pocket. Full ball means a direct strike with the leading edge of the CB. As you know 3/4-balls means cutting it at 14.5* or so.

As there's no SIT and there might be some CIT you aim-off in order to hit BOB because the side has no effect on the CB. Remember Biggy said no SIT using power.
          This is some grade A trolling, right here.

Comment

I didn't see that shot but if he potted it to the RIGHT and he use LH side then he used inside side which is what I've been saying all along but Travis disagrees, so more power to him. I would never take on a cut shot on the black using side and drag to hold the spot or near to the spot. That's why the inventors of billiards put the top spot closest to a cushion so it could be used.

Unless it was a ball along the top cushion and the LH side was to get the CB off the cushion and closer to the black. But if it was along the side cushion then that would be helping side but not for the pot just for the position.
            J6 potted his red to hold for the black with left hand side. But then again J6 can play snooker :biggrin-new:

Comment

I can't because I don't know how
              https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...efe097b599.gif
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I can't because I don't know how
                Amongst other things lol

Comment

• Lol, I can imagine that's TD right now ::biggrin-new:

Comment

• https://youtu.be/I75KqKe1C7E

Here you go , Tel, the red I am talking about is at 4 mins. Similar to my blacks today which I played exactly like Jason..
                    Last edited by throtts; 14 September 2017, 09:09 PM.
                    JP Majestic
                    3/4
                    57"
                    17oz
                    9.5mm Elk

Comment

pottr:

Here's another challenge for you and I want to be able to bet on it so set it up and arrange a neutral table and get the bookie's odds so I can bet against Travis' foolishness. He says he must be better than both of us as he feels he knows more about side than either of us ever will. I was using side when he was a gleam in his old man's eye fer goodness sake. Also, it must be that if you feel you know side and can use it then you must be capable of running 2 or more centuries every week (which I have to admit I no longer do, but then again I'm honest and old too).

Every time Travis speaks he shows how little he knows regarding snooker and side. Biggy seems to be the same way. I can't understand what throtts did and I can't seem to understand what j6 is trying to accomplish since he has to know it's always inside side to kill the CB.
                      I would fry your brain with what I can do with side old man!

Comment

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                        https://youtu.be/I75KqKe1C7E

Here you go , Tel, the red I am talking about is at 4 mins. Similar to my blacks today which I played exactly like Jason..
                        All very simple isn't it. For some it appears not

Comment

Because it hit the OB at an angle, DUH!
                          Of course it did lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                            This is some grade A trolling, right here.
                            Are you denying that you said SIT disappears when using power? Travis wasn'tunderstanding what 'full ball' meant.
                            Terry Davidson

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
                              All very simple isn't it. For some it appears not
                              Yes, I l;ooked. j6 said he used left but he lined up right and then covered the CB with his shoulder (not intentionally). I'm still saying inside side to hold.
                              Terry Davidson

Comment

Yes, I l;ooked. j6 said he used left but he lined up right and then covered the CB with his shoulder (not intentionally). I'm still saying inside side to hold.
                                You are one crazy fool!
                                Why would he say left hand side then play it with right hand side?

Comment

Working...
                                X