Sidespin on a snooker table both with and against the nap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    Put the camera over the pocket so we can see CB, OB and pocket along with your cue. If you just show the black and cueball that's no good.
    Nope.Behind you can clearly see it'll be a 3/4 pot

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
      If you are hitting BOB you still have no chance, Duh!
      wrong. Biggy said SIT disappears with power but of course on this shot you have a lot of CB throw to the left with the RH side so you aim full ball on the black. I think you're confused over the terms. Full-ball on the black means if you don't aim-off for the side and if it was a straight stun with no side you would hit the cushion before the pocket. Full ball means a direct strike with the leading edge of the CB. As you know 3/4-balls means cutting it at 14.5* or so.

As there's no SIT and there might be some CIT you aim-off in order to hit BOB because the side has no effect on the CB. Remember Biggy said no SIT using power.
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

You sure about that?
        CB needed to be 3in to the right for a full ball pot.
        Why the hell do you think we want the camera over the pocket. We want to see the whole shot, cue, CB, OB and then we can see the angle.
        Terry Davidson

Comment

I feel like a school teacher talking to a 10 year old when I'm talking to you about this subject
          That's funny, because I feel the same way. I seriously doubt you have the snooker skills you bragged about. For starters to run multiple centuries every week you need to get in serious practice but you're on here too much unless you have a snooker table at home.

If you are an 'expert player' you will understand the only way to kill the CB on an angled pot is to use inside side. (Despite what throtts said he achieved as that was impossible unless his CB was below the black).
          Terry Davidson

Comment

wrong. Biggy said SIT disappears with power but of course on this shot you have a lot of CB throw to the left with the RH side so you aim full ball on the black. I think you're confused over the terms. Full-ball on the black means if you don't aim-off for the side and if it was a straight stun with no side you would hit the cushion before the pocket. Full ball means a direct strike with the leading edge of the CB. As you know 3/4-balls means cutting it at 14.5* or so.

As there's no SIT and there might be some CIT you aim-off in order to hit BOB because the side has no effect on the CB. Remember Biggy said no SIT using power.
            Who needs power to pot a 3/4 black to hold the spot???

Comment

Nope.Behind you can clearly see it'll be a 3/4 pot
              Why do you insist on behind? We couldn't see the pocket in one of your videos. pottr managed although from too far away.

As long as we can see black, CB and pocket it might be OK but it seems silly. Turn on iPad over pocket and walk to shot, it will only add about 5 seconds to the video.
              Terry Davidson

Comment

That's funny, because I feel the same way. I seriously doubt you have the snooker skills you bragged about. For starters to run multiple centuries every week you need to get in serious practice but you're on here too much unless you have a snooker table at home.

If you are an 'expert player' you will understand the only way to kill the CB on an angled pot is to use inside side. (Despite what throtts said he achieved as that was impossible unless his CB was below the black).
                Have to say I'm shocked you've been playing this game for 50 years and haven't sussed this stuff out.

Comment

Why do you insist on behind? We couldn't see the pocket in one of your videos. pottr managed although from too far away.

As long as we can see black, CB and pocket it might be OK but it seems silly. Turn on iPad over pocket and walk to shot, it will only add about 5 seconds to the video.
                  At least I'm putting videos up unlike some!

Comment

Who needs power to pot a 3/4 black to hold the spot???
                    Either you aren't reading or else you don't understand the principle. When you have a 3/4-black and want to get the CB ABOVE the pink towards the blue you have to use running side no matter what side of the table you are on. To use running side with power you need to aim thick on the black, virtually full ball.

However, for the 'hold the spot on 3/4 black argument' you need lots of side and drag however I couldn't successfully do the shot at /3/4 but could at 7/8 so I'm saying if you or throtts can do the 3/4 and hold the spot you're better men than me. And if you can hold the spot using helping side you're both WAY better than me and apparantly pottr too.
                    Terry Davidson

Comment

You can make the black but would never hold the spot as you're cutting the black thinner and CB runs toward baulk. You both have to be wrong according to my experience and watching your videos. In fact on yours where you claimed SIT potted the pink it appeared to me the spin was gone from the CB unless you have a hellish stroke and that
                      's because it quit bending as it passed by the pink. No spin, no SIT.
                      So how did the red throw to the left then? No spin and it should've gone straight on.

Comment

Have to say I'm shocked you've been playing this game for 50 years and haven't sussed this stuff out.
                        You put up your video of holding the spot using helping side, in this case LH side and we'll see who knows his stuff, OK?
                        Terry Davidson

Comment

Either you aren't reading or else you don't understand the principle. When you have a 3/4-black and want to get the CB ABOVE the pink towards the blue you have to use running side no matter what side of the table you are on. To use running side with power you need to aim thick on the black, virtually full ball.

However, for the 'hold the spot on 3/4 black argument' you need lots of side and drag however I couldn't successfully do the shot at /3/4 but could at 7/8 so I'm saying if you or throtts can do the 3/4 and hold the spot you're better men than me. And if you can hold the spot using helping side you're both WAY better than me and apparantly pottr too.
                          Looks that way I guess

Comment

At least I'm putting videos up unlike some!
                            I can't because I don't know how
                            Terry Davidson

Comment

So how did the red throw to the left then? No spin and it should've gone straight on.
                              Because it hit the OB at an angle, DUH!
                              Terry Davidson

Comment

(Despite what throtts said he achieved as that was impossible unless his CB was below the black).
                                My 3/4 black shots off its spot were, green side and baulk side of (or pink side and NOT in between black spot and top cushion side ).

After J6 kicked the red in with RH side because of the intervening ball he then played a 3/4 red potting it to the right on the green side using LH side to hold the CB for the black. Granted, I thought a nicely executed screw shot would have given the same result as J6 got, but he was clear about his use of the LH side.

Anyway , I give it another go tomoz.
                                JP Majestic
                                3/4
                                57"
                                17oz
                                9.5mm Elk

Comment

Working...
                                X