Terry's Videos Showing SIT or No SIT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
    I'm sure I've seen Stevie Wonder has an account on here Travis!
    I'm sure there will be a couple of takers

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      I appreciate your comments (including snari here) myself and Jason (j6uk) have been discussing me doing just that however in the past few day filled with harassment, ridicule, insults and just pure trash talk I'm not willing to put myself out there for Hello Mr. Big Shot and his crew. Just from the videos I posted the resident 'experts' on here poked holes in my technique regarding grip, speed of backswing, speed of delivery and many other things. For some reason some people expect me to be perfect and as good a player as Ronnie but that I am certain I'm not.

I just watched a Barry Stark video (a fine coach) and he missed one of his shots and no one said a word but when I miscued twice trying a maximum power shot I get slated even though I successfully did the shot. I seems potting a long blue and screwing back into the yellow pocket is not considered a shot worth mentioning whereas potting a partially obstructed ball is considered amazing!
      Oh grow up. You've given as good as you've got.

And as for your miscues, i wouldn't have said a word if you hadn't criticised someone else for clipping a red before hitting the black. Those who live in glasshouses...

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
        https://youtu.be/IxSitOFfzb8

Is there anyone on this forum prepared to say the CB makes correct BOB on this shot??

Looks pretty clear to me that the BOB would have had it hit a couple of inches up the cushion

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
          To give you an example. Yesterday I played one of my mates and lost 5-3 and couldn't make a ball but I noticed I got an odd sound when I chalked my cue near the end. I had on an Elk Master and when I pushed on it my thumbnail went right into the tip. Ripped the tip off and replaced it with an ADR147 and tried it out on long blues and made all of them. Just an example of how insignificant thing can lead to big problems.

It was things like that my vlog was going to be about, actually showing a spongy Elm Master and what they can do to pots, especially long pots with power. Technically you hit the cueball twice since the tip compacts.
          Please don't do a vblog on tips if you think a soft tip results in hitting the cue ball twice as it compacts.

It doesn't. A softer tip dampens the impact a little but does not result in hitting the cue ball twice. As ever...

http://billiards.colostate.edu/threa...p.html#contact

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
            These pics are irrelevent because you haven't traced the path the cue ball took. You all think it goes straight when loaded with side but it doesn't, its initial path deflects opposite to the side applied so if it then goes straight it will hit nowhere near the contact needed to throw the ball in let alone contact BOB.
            That's fair enough and was why I questioned drawing a line from the cue at first but how do you explain this shot going in. It's clear that the shot would be hitting 2 inches away from the jaw yet it went into the middle of the pocket.

Whether it swerved and then came back on the line to contact the back of the ball or not is irrelevant.

jimmy.jpg

Comment

• Originally Posted by dan_ormerod View Post
              That's fair enough and was why I questioned drawing a line from the cue at first but how do you explain this shot going in. It's clear that the shot would be hitting 2 inches away from the jaw yet it went into the middle of the pocket.

Whether it swerved and then came back on the line to contact the back of the ball or not is irrelevant.

[ATTACH]18917[/ATTACH]
              In vmax' s crazy little mind that's going in off the jaw mate!

I'm still waiting for him to come up with a good explanation to how my black went in.

Their case has been lost and we won't see either on these threads again is my view.

Comment

In vmax' s crazy little mind that's going in off the jaw mate!

I'm still waiting for him to come up with a good explanation to how my black went in.

Their case has been lost and we won't see either on these threads again is my view.
                Agreed. Compare and contrast to when they thought they had 'proven' something. All that crowing they did!

Did someone say something about saving face?

Comment

• while we're chit chatting outside this empty court and tels already in his jump suit masterminding an escape, our vmax is inconsolable and reusing to be led away.. makes me think, there maybe more to this case.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                    Agreed. Compare and contrast to when they thought they had 'proven' something. All that crowing they did!

Did someone say something about saving face?
                    Indeed.

TD was in full flow dishing it out to me on the vmax thread (from page 101 onwards) thinking he was the daddy of side.

They don't like it back at them though do they
                    Last edited by travisbickle; 22 September 2017, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                      while we're chit chatting outside this empty court and tels already in his jump suit masterminding an escape, our vmax is inconsolable and reusing to be led away.. makes me think, there maybe more to this case.
                      Not a chance Jason.

The Black Knights have no arms & legs left to fight anymore!!

Comment

• I think it was a kick

Comment

https://youtu.be/IxSitOFfzb8

Is there anyone on this forum prepared to say the CB makes correct BOB on this shot??
                          Tbh, I thought that this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EidPecrMULI would have nailed it. If anything the CB is coming for the left of BOB and OB goes left due to the RHS.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cole46 View Post
                            I think it was a kick
                            Lol! don't start Cole

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                              Tbh, I thought that this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EidPecrMULI would have nailed it. If anything the CB is coming for the left of BOB and OB goes left due to the RHS.
                              I totally agree mate.

However TD/vmax didn't see it the same way.
                              This vid leaves no wriggle room

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                                while we're chit chatting outside this empty court and tels already in his jump suit masterminding an escape, our vmax is inconsolable and reusing to be led away.. makes me think, there maybe more to this case.
                                I have placed some people on my 'ignore' list to not have to see all their insulting and harassing comments. With all the spare time freed up I have spent the past 3 days of quiet researching SIT. I did find it exists under very specific and finite conditions and in the end I was able to get about an additional 5-6* of SIT by setting up these ideal conditions.

When I set up my ideal conditions I was able to cut the black into the top cushion 2" before the pocket jaw while using my set-up for the balls and using the Travis set-up I was able to get a further 3* or so. So much for Travis getting his measly 2* or so and slopping the ball in. As for Hello, Mr. Big Shot he couldn't even get anything because he never tried. I still don't believe Judd Trump pivots his cue to get side either. He says things just to get people worked up.

However since I'm monumentally ignorant, stupid and have a rotten cue action and am a poor substandard player who somehow managed to IMPROVE on things I'm not going to post a video nor tell anyone how I achieved this feat because they'll never believe me, even with a video and will figure I've rigged the game or have been 'cute' (which is one for you Jason). I get disgusted by people who push something and then attack people who disagree with them so the very least you should do is fully research the subject
                                before you preach which was not the case here.

After my experiments I found SIT to be very limited, not getting any with good playing conditions and then maybe around 2* or so when I lowered the standard and totally useless to the average match player because it doesn't come up much either but fun to try out in a knock-about with your mates. Sit can be increased dramatically by playing with dirty balls, slow and dirty cloth and even a pit in the black spot which slightly resists the black leaving the spot. When I tried my worse conditions I cut the black to where it hit the top cushion 2" BEFORE the top pocket near jaw.

If I'm feeling generous I MAY put up a video and show how it's done but right now I'm happy I improved on what you two brought up as established gospel, problem is it wasn't the WHOLE truth was it? Ramon has also p*ssed me off for all the pithy and sarcastic remarks (when I could understand what he was saying). Yes Ramon, being a coach entails having the smarts to fully understand something before you pass it on to students as established gospel but you have to give the coach some time to understand it. I do NOT believe SIT is something useful which can be used by snooker players and I do NOT believe it is what makes an object ball which has an intervening ball in the way with some distance between all 3 balls even a small one like what Travis did. I can't prove this because I don't have a hi-speed camera but it's what I believe.
                                Last edited by Terry Davidson; 22 September 2017, 12:48 PM.
                                Terry Davidson
                                IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
                                X