Terry's Videos Showing SIT or No SIT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    I have placed some people on my 'ignore' list to not have to see all their insulting and harassing comments. With all the spare time freed up I have spent the past 3 days of quiet researching SIT. I did find it exists under very specific and finite conditions and in the end I was able to get about an additional 5-6* of SIT by setting up these ideal conditions.

When I set up my ideal conditions I was able to cut the black into the top cushion 2" before the pocket jaw while using my set-up for the balls and using the Travis set-up I was able to get a further 3* or so. So much for Travis getting his measly 2* or so and slopping the ball in. As for Hello, Mr. Big Shot he couldn't even get anything because he never tried. I still don't believe Judd Trump pivots his cue to get side either. He says things just to get people worked up.

However since I'm monumentally ignorant, stupid and have a rotten cue action and am a poor substandard player who somehow managed to IMPROVE on things I'm not going to post a video nor tell anyone how I achieved this feat because they'll never believe me, even with a video and will figure I've rigged the game or have been 'cute' (which is one for you Jason). I get disgusted by people who push something and then attack people who disagree with them so the very least you should do is fully research the subject
    before you preach which was not the case here.

After my experiments I found SIT to be very limited, not getting any with good playing conditions and then maybe around 2* or so when I lowered the standard and totally useless to the average match player because it doesn't come up much either but fun to try out in a knock-about with your mates. Sit can be increased dramatically by playing with dirty balls, slow and dirty cloth and even a pit in the black spot which slightly resists the black leaving the spot. When I tried my worse conditions I cut the black to where it hit the top cushion 2" BEFORE the top pocket near jaw.

If I'm feeling generous I MAY put up a video and show how it's done but right now I'm happy I improved on what you two brought up as established gospel, problem is it wasn't the WHOLE truth was it? Ramon has also p*ssed me off for all the pithy and sarcastic remarks (when I could understand what he was saying). Yes Ramon, being a coach entails having the smarts to fully understand something before you pass it on to students as established gospel but you have to give the coach some time to understand it. I do NOT believe SIT is something useful which can be used by snooker players and I do NOT believe it is what makes an object ball which has an intervening ball in the way with some distance between all 3 balls even a small one like what Travis did. I can't prove this because I don't have a hi-speed camera but it's what I believe.
    I know you can't read this as you are ignoring me, but well done you for getting 3 inches of turn on the CB.

But how you still don't think this is a useful tool in snooker is totally beyond me.
    These shots pop up all the time in different forms and are not hard shots either.
    You just have to mess around with it to see all the possibilities.

Comment

I have placed some people on my 'ignore' list to not have to see all their insulting and harassing comments. With all the spare time freed up I have spent the past 3 days of quiet researching SIT. I did find it exists under very specific and finite conditions and in the end I was able to get about an additional 5-6* of SIT by setting up these ideal conditions.

When I set up my ideal conditions I was able to cut the black into the top cushion 2" before the pocket jaw while using my set-up for the balls and using the Travis set-up I was able to get a further 3* or so. So much for Travis getting his measly 2* or so and slopping the ball in. As for Hello, Mr. Big Shot he couldn't even get anything because he never tried. I still don't believe Judd Trump pivots his cue to get side either. He says things just to get people worked up.

However since I'm monumentally ignorant, stupid and have a rotten cue action and am a poor substandard player who somehow managed to IMPROVE on things I'm not going to post a video nor tell anyone how I achieved this feat because they'll never believe me, even with a video and will figure I've rigged the game or have been 'cute' (which is one for you Jason). I get disgusted by people who push something and then attack people who disagree with them so the very least you should do is fully research the subject
      before you preach which was not the case here.

After my experiments I found SIT to be very limited, not getting any with good playing conditions and then maybe around 2* or so when I lowered the standard and totally useless to the average match player because it doesn't come up much either but fun to try out in a knock-about with your mates. Sit can be increased dramatically by playing with dirty balls, slow and dirty cloth and even a pit in the black spot which slightly resists the black leaving the spot. When I tried my worse conditions I cut the black to where it hit the top cushion 2" BEFORE the top pocket near jaw.

If I'm feeling generous I MAY put up a video and show how it's done but right now I'm happy I improved on what you two brought up as established gospel, problem is it wasn't the WHOLE truth was it? Ramon has also p*ssed me off for all the pithy and sarcastic remarks (when I could understand what he was saying). Yes Ramon, being a coach entails having the smarts to fully understand something before you pass it on to students as established gospel but you have to give the coach some time to understand it. I do NOT believe SIT is something useful which can be used by snooker players and I do NOT believe it is what makes an object ball which has an intervening ball in the way with some distance between all 3 balls even a small one like what Travis did. I can't prove this because I don't have a hi-speed camera but it's what I believe.
      good post tel, i must say it has been heavy going your end, and i noticed the lengthier yours/vmax posts got the more heated and drawn out things became.
      as far as the the turn it in or sit if you like, i found the more reactive the conditions the harder these shots were to control meaning they can be over cooked. this too could be the reason we see less of these kind of situations on the tv table, unless williams is playing.

would be good to now maybe replace these videos with something more general and productive, its kick started your channel now turn the page.

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
        In vmax' s crazy little mind that's going in off the jaw mate!
        Play the shot I suggested only don't put the black on its spot just in case there's a dip there that lengthens contact time.
        Place the cue ball up against the black so it's touching and dead set for the far jaw, place a red touching both cue ball and black and then remove the cue ball and move the red over BOB to the far jaw by about 2mm, leave the red touching the black so that its impossible to contact BOB to the far jaw and set the cue ball up for a dead straight shot.

Now if SIT really happens then you should be able to still pot the black without contacting the red because the black will be thrown in the direction of the pocket by the spin on the cue ball.
        Now if you can't then SIT doesn't exist, never mind your black which is the same as jason's and which I have aleady done quite easily with the same soft sidespin swerve that both he and you played.
        Now cover BOB to the far jaw with a TOUCHING BALL WITH NO GAP and see how you get on, film it from dead straight on the line of aim from behind the pocket so we can see the angle of attack of the cue ball, your cue and your ugly mug.
        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
          Play the shot I suggested only don't put the black on its spot just in case there's a dip there that lengthens contact time.
          Place the cue ball up against the black so it's touching and dead set for the far jaw, place a red touching both cue ball and black and then remove the cue ball and move the red over BOB to the far jaw by about 2mm, leave the red touching the black so that its impossible to contact BOB to the far jaw and set the cue ball up for a dead straight shot.

Now if SIT really happens then you should be able to still pot the black without contacting the red because the black will be thrown in the direction of the pocket by the spin on the cue ball.
          Now if you can't then SIT doesn't exist, never mind your black which is the same as jason's and which I have aleady done quite easily with the same soft sidespin swerve that both he and you played.
          Now cover BOB to the far jaw with a TOUCHING BALL WITH NO GAP and see how you get on, film it from dead straight on the line of aim from behind the pocket so we can see the angle of attack of the cue ball, your cue and your ugly mug.

you mean like this one? or am i wrong to turn it in? cus it simply okay to try potting a straight black 3/4 ball?

Comment

How about another video vmax, show us the two different set ups. Show how to pot Jason's set up and then show us your own set up.

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
              good post tel, i must say it has been heavy going your end, and i noticed the lengthier yours/vmax posts got the more heated and drawn out things became.
              as far as the the turn it in or sit if you like, i found the more reactive the conditions the harder these shots were to control meaning they can be over cooked. this too could be the reason we see less of these kind of situations on the tv table, unless williams is playing.

would be good to now maybe replace these videos with something more general and productive, its kick started your channel now turn the page.
              OB throw is generated when conditions are good for kicks like high humidity combined with chalk dust. When I over-emphasized these conditions I got extreme OB throw and when I minimized them I got very little throw, not enough to be useful on a snooker table but maybe on a pool table with more forgiving pockets. When you watch those hi-speed videos of a pro playing a power screw shots you see a massive cloud of chalk dust which covers the cueball for an instant and the humidity causes the dust to stick.

I prefer to call this phenomenom the 'gear effect' as you do because that's exactly what's happening with the chalk dust acting like a little gear.
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

you mean like this one? or am i wrong to turn it in? cus it simply okay to try potting a straight black 3/4 ball?

My take on that shot is I would use running side but I think I could play it at medium pace which negates the SIT argument unless I was going to get on one of those reds near the cushion.
                Terry Davidson

Comment

And clean both balls first with a clean cloth.
                  Terry Davidson

Comment

My take on that shot is I would use running side but I think I could play it at medium pace which negates the SIT argument unless I was going to get on one of those reds near the cushion.
                    so its okay to go for a straight pot only seeing 3/4 of it tel?

Comment

so its okay to go for a straight pot only seeing 3/4 of it tel?
                      Yes, but not with centre-ball striking as (in my opinion) you have to curl the CB into the potting point (I hate using BOB because BOB is actually a short line on the waist of the OB). So you couldn't play it with power but you can use a bit more than Travis and you used when you potted the ball.

If I feel it would be productive I will put up a video showing extreme gear effect so I can show the nay-sayers that I can actually use side.
                      Terry Davidson

Comment

I prefer to call this phenomenom the 'gear effect' as you do because that's exactly what's happening with the chalk dust acting like a little gear.
                        so its now chalk dust thats turning it in and iits not turning onto bob? and now the chalk dust theory needs disproving?

Comment

Yes, but not with centre-ball striking as (in my opinion) you have to curl the CB into the potting point (I hate using BOB because BOB is actually a short line on the waist of the OB). So you couldn't play it with power but you can use a bit more than Travis and you used when you potted the ball.

If I feel it would be productive I will put up a video showing extreme gear effect so I can show the nay-sayers that I can actually use side.
                          okay, so its both turning onto the potting angle thats not there as well as the chalk dust?

Comment

so its now chalk dust thats turning it in and iits not turning onto bob? and now the chalk dust theory needs disproving?
                            Jason...stop being obtuse as I know you fully understand this sh*t and are well able to do it.

You need the conditions that promote kicks to pot those ball which otherwise are impossible to pot unless you can generate some throw, like in the set-up I used. Your shot only requires a tad of running side under ANY conditions but there is a good chance you might overcook it with heavy condition and higher spin too.
                            Terry Davidson

Comment

• It's not running side, or check side, until the cueball hits a cushion.

Comment

could do or just start another thread with a vid on a different side effect/subject.

Comment

Working...
                                X