No announcement yet.

Terry's Videos Showing SIT or No SIT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to see max showing spirited Fight clinging on to The door frame star fish like, giving deniers hope..

Comment

• Have I missed much?

I did like the dead fly in the video, and think I have an insight into how Terry Griffiths played so slowly

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
        Good to see max showing spirited Fight clinging on to The door frame star fish like, giving deniers hope..
        I agree with vmax on this one. I made Travis's shot albeit with some initial misses but I couldn't make my own set up at all until I played with the conditions a bit. Travis can't make the shot out of my set-up and he can't put up a video of that can he? Has to admit defeat.

And where's the video of you Jason? I'll put up a video showing me making both Travis's set-up and then my set-up but I'm not going to until you both give it a try. I think Travis tried my set-up and couldn't do it and backed off the red until he could but he won't admit that.
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

yes spaghetti clear in that quite a bit of your findings iv not come across, but a chin scratcher of a break down.. and yeah i too have got my 3/4 and 2/3 mixed in the past.
          look forwards to another vid from 'the tel'.. now get back to your work
          I will do a video and post it when you and Travis have attempted my set-up. And stop dancing around the subject and being 'cute'. Your shot was 1/8th-ball and not anything more and that comment was nothing about you mixing up the 3/4 and 2/3. Go on, get out your digital calliper and measure the damn balls yourself and you'll see. Now get back to making a video of yourself trying to complete my set-up as RunningSide did.

Actually, I want to wait until my Precision is installed anyway.
          Terry Davidson

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
            I will do a video and post it when you and Travis have attempted my set-up. And stop dancing around the subject and being 'cute'. Your shot was 1/8th-ball and not anything more and that comment was nothing about you mixing up the 3/4 and 2/3. Go on, get out your digital calliper and measure the damn balls yourself and you'll see. Now get back to making a video of yourself trying to complete my set-up as RunningSide did.

Actually, I want to wait until my Precision is installed anyway.
            So my 3/4 ball and runnings 2/3 proves What Exactly? Chalk sit, bob sit, conditions sit, or just sit, or some kind of sit combo? Or maybe simply cueist sit?

Comment

• Few too many things going on atm tel so won't be at The table for a bit

Comment

Few too many things going on atm tel so won't be at The table for a bit
                You have to keep yourself tuned up somehow. I'm the same way though, multiple medical appointments along with tournament season starting next Saturday so I have no time to argue with BS and Travis.
                Terry Davidson

Comment

I agree with vmax on this one. I made Travis's shot albeit with some initial misses but I couldn't make my own set up at all until I played with the conditions a bit. Travis can't make the shot out of my set-up and he can't put up a video of that can he? Has to admit defeat.

And where's the video of you Jason? I'll put up a video showing me making both Travis's set-up and then my set-up but I'm not going to until you both give it a try. I think Travis tried my set-up and couldn't do it and backed off the red until he could but he won't admit that.
                  Defeat to what exactly? That SIT don't exists because you think your black is impossible to pot lol
                  Fact is neither you or vmax have a clue about how side works which makes this all the more laughable!
                  Have fun in your little bubble!
                  Last edited by travisbickle; 23 September 2017, 01:54 PM.

Comment

You have to keep yourself tuned up somehow. I'm the same way though, multiple medical appointments along with tournament season starting next Saturday so I have no time to argue with BS and Travis.

Im happy in The workshop. Though If i had access to a nice table and good sparing then i might be tempted.
                    Shame you cant forgive bs and trav cus they make a lot of sense.. Anyway it's all been said so bed for The thred.

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
                      Defeat to what exactly? That SIT don't exists because you think your black is impossible to pot lol
                      Fact neither you or vmax don't have a clue how side works makes this all the more laughable!
                      Have fun in your little bubble!
                      You have tried and failed travis, you play shots set up with the side door (pun intended) left open to save face. All you people reading this thread should try potting a ball with BOB to the far jaw hidden by a touching ball by 2mm so that the cue ball cannot approach it from any angle whatsoever and contact BOB to the far jaw without hitting the touching ball first.
                      If SIT is real then you can do it, if not then it doesn't exist except through increased friction due to a bad contact.

Terry has experimented with putting chalk on the contact point and got SIT to happen, cleaned it off and it didn't happen, and we all know that a bad contact makes you miss a pot on the thick side, but we don't want bad contacts do we, that's why we use composite balls that are very highly polished to keep friction between balls to a minimum, otherwise this game would be impossible.
                      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                        You have tried and failed travis, you play shots set up with the side door (pun intended) left open to save face. All you people reading this thread should try potting a ball with BOB to the far jaw hidden by a touching ball by 2mm so that the cue ball cannot approach it from any angle whatsoever and contact BOB to the far jaw without hitting the touching ball first.
                        If SIT is real then you can do it, if not then it doesn't exist except through increased friction due to a bad contact.

Terry has experimented with putting chalk on the contact point and got SIT to happen, cleaned it off and it didn't happen, and we all know that a bad contact makes you miss a pot on the thick side, but we don't want bad contacts do we, that's why we use composite balls that are very highly polished to keep friction between balls to a minimum, otherwise this game would be impossible.
                        You're still not getting this are you??
                        Never mind, carry on as you are...

Comment

TD has been playing with the wrong side for 50 years, so I'll take his experiments with a pinch of salt :biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

Comment

That you and Terry have given something 10 minutes thought, and think you can explain it, is so sweet. It really is. Very child-like, in fact.

Never gonna play with the big boys, are ya?

Tell me about the physics. Tell me about the millions of players. Tell me about the commentators. Tell me about the video evidence - YOUR video evidence! The fact you won't touch these things with a ten foot bargepole is telling.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                              Very true. What on earth they are on about with this bob bollox is anyone's guess.
                              The short path to heaven is crossing* a fall caused by pride ......
                              Some people* choose the alternative.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                                The short path to heaven is crossing* a fall caused by pride ......
                                Some people* choose the alternative.
                                So here we have a bunch of serious and not so serious members of a snooker forum taking as gospel the 'facts' from Biggie who doesn't play snooker or American pool so probably plays British pool only because he has 20 cues, TravisBickle (Robert Dinero's character in the movie Taxi) who says he runs 2 or more centuries a day at snooker and is also a champion British pool player, has a job and yet has time to be on here continuously. Where does he find the time to practice to maintain those abilities? He has to be a natural phenomenon who is able to be at the top of 2 forms of billiards at the same time without a lot of practice. Not sure how to class Ramon

Then there's Dr. Dave who is an associate professor, a pool coach and a professional engineer at an American university. His Doctorate is in Mechanical Engineering. He doesn't play a lot of the shots in his videos but is relying on observations like any good scientist but not a good engineer who should get his hands dirty.

I can agree SIT exists but only under specific conditions which in my opinion Travis has not shown and additionally the videos from Dr. Dave do not consider the conditions under which they were shot at all and I think around SIT (only) he comes to some invalid conclusions. Travis hasn't tried my set-up because it's impossible without changing the conditions to those which cause SIT to appear. You have to produce a mini-kick to get the effect and who wants to try and control mini-kicks when they play a match but then again Travis says he does like using side but doesn't play snooker matches.

The only thing I can recommend is everyone on here who agrees with SIT then set up a shot where the potting point is covered and try to induce SIT. If you can do it then that's great and you can use it in a match for instance but if you can't induce it then don't try to use it except in practice. Do not set up the shot from J6 which was only 1/8th covered, do not set up Oma's shot and do not set up Travis's shot as they are not really covering the potting point. Give it a real test and form your own conclusions.

Don't accept what Biggie is telling everyone without confirming it for yourself first. He is a keyboard warrior who only knows what he's seen on the internet and parrots that information on a snooker forum which is a game he says he has no respect for so why doesn't he spend all his time at AZ Billiards? As I love snooker and have played it for 50yrs or so I am biased in favour but its pretty obvious Biggie is biased against snooker.
                                Terry Davidson

Comment

Working...
                                X