Terry's Videos Showing SIT or No SIT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by markz View Post
    Cheers throtts, I thought I must be seeing things as Terry seems so certain.
    Christ. You both are remarkable. Tell me just exactly how it's different. Is the black more covered in Jason's video? Is mine more covered? Give me an explanation so I can show why it's wrong. Get on a table and try my set-up yourself and do exactly the same as I describe and you won't see any SIT because it cannot be generated on a snooker table.

Was I too technical in explaining the set-up where I guaranteed BOB was covered. Look at Jason's video again and stop it right where the camera is directly behind the black and red and on the line of aim. You'll see I have more of my black covered because I guaranteed BOB is covered.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      Christ. You both are remarkable. Tell me just exactly how it's different. Is the black more covered in Jason's video? Is mine more covered? Give me an explanation so I can show why it's wrong. Get on a table and try my set-up yourself and do exactly the same as I describe and you won't see any SIT because it cannot be generated on a snooker table.

Was I too technical in explaining the set-up where I guaranteed BOB was covered. Look at Jason's video again and stop it right where the camera is directly behind the black and red and on the line of aim. You'll see I have more of my black covered because I guaranteed BOB is covered.
      It happening right in front of your eyes yet you can't see it!
      Unbelievable!

Comment

Have the balls touching as that's the only way you can have accuracy in how much of the black is covered. Your black/red combo should be pointed to about 6" down the yellow side cushion. With the space between red and black you have more room to hit BOB even though it looks like you cannot, which is not a real test of SIT.

I explained the set-up very clearly on my video and gave the challenge to everyone but you failed to RTFI (read the ..... instructions). Denial does not suit you and SIT just doesn't happen on a snooker table in the same way it does on a pool table.
        Lol! There is no way I hit BOB on that shot. Hopefully Ramon will put some still pics on later to prove it.

Back to work
        Last edited by travisbickle; 18 September 2017, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
          Lol! There is no way I hit BOB on that shot. Hopefully Ramon will put some still pics on later to prove it.
          Bad
          Back to work
          The pictures have to show the exact contact point but for just once will you listen and put the damned camera behind the pocket so we can see accurately.

I'm going to do a video using your set-up for the obstructed black and I will SHOW you why you are making incorrect assumptions (as long as you agree side on a cueball will divert it of course)
          Terry Davidson

Comment

my straight shot setup bob was 3/4ball far jaw like tels first chalk which makes me think the best youll get from terry2 position second chalk bob is far jaw with side.
            so it seems anything past the green pocket red black in a frozen plant alignment youll struggle to kick the black in

Comment

Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
              https://youtu.be/2M-MKsBeBf8
              Can you do some still pics of this shot Ramon?

Here are Pictures from Travis's video!!

using LH side, Throw the ball to the right. ( stright in to the pocket ) .
              Compliment, cueing level/not across/ start slow delivery , build up speed. very professional, very nice.
              At the time of contact CB and OB are line up to the cuhsion.
              (I did cut off picture number 4, this way you can clearly in pic NR 5, see NO pocket at the time of contact in direct line of those 2 balls, only cushion).

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                my straight shot setup bob was 3/4ball far jaw like tels first chalk which makes me think the best youll get from terry2 position second chalk bob is far jaw with side.
                so it seems anything past the green pocket red black in a frozen plant alignment youll struggle to kick the black in
                And that set-up to the green side cushion absolutely guarantees BOB is actually covered. Thank you for that. Biggy got on here and sold everyone a load of hogwash without actually checking it out himself and far too many people also bought into it without checking it out.

Only you and vmax have actually bothered to experiment and check out things and what we see is if BOB is covered there's no way to actually pot the black or even to slop it into the side of the pocket. Now if you set it up for centre pocket it's still possible to pot the ball off the far jaw but you can do that with no side and you can do it at pace but as long as the red doesn't move it's a legal shot.
                Terry Davidson

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post

Compliment, cueing level/not across/ start slow delivery , build up speed. very professional, very nice.
                  (I did cut off picture number 4, this way you can clearly in pic NR 5, see NO pocket at the time of contact in direct line of those 2 balls, only cushion).

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
                  Absolutely amazing, I'm dumbfounded that this video actually proves SIT exists in snooker. Well, not really. Ramon...I will put up a video of this exact same set-up as Travis' here HOWEVER I will move the red into where it's touching the black and on the same line to show where the CB can actually get to and just that few millimeters of movement will open up BOB and make that black pottable.

Besides which Travis hasn't really said where the black/red is lined up to and in order to ACTUALLY cover BOB it has to be lined up to about 6" down the green side cushion and FROZEN to the black because in the end that is the spot where the CB can get to although it would be a simultaneous hit so I will back off the red just a hair and I will show the black can be potted plain ball with no side.

But what I see happening is the true believers on here will say 'no, you've not set it up the same as Travis but then again Travis never told us exactly how it's set up did he? There is a gap of around 1/4" or a bit more between the red and black and the CB can fit into that space. You have to really understand the principle involved.
                  Terry Davidson

Comment

And that set-up to the green side cushion absolutely guarantees BOB is actually covered. Thank you for that. Biggy got on here and sold everyone a load of hogwash without actually checking it out himself and far too many people also bought into it without checking it out.

Only you and vmax have actually bothered to experiment and check out things and what we see is if BOB is covered there's no way to actually pot the black or even to slop it into the side of the pocket. Now if you set it up for centre pocket it's still possible to pot the ball off the far jaw but you can do that with no side and you can do it at pace but as long as the red doesn't move it's a legal shot.
                    if i had my own table instead of using my noodles to work things out and/or you did these clear videos sooner we wouldnt be dragging each other through bushes.
                    anyway, i am right in thinking your bob means the actual ob potting contact point? cus if so your bob was covered by up to 1/3

-
                    Last edited by j6uk; 18 September 2017, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Absolutely amazing, I'm dumbfounded that this video actually proves SIT exists in snooker. Well, not really. Ramon...I will put up a video of this exact same set-up as Travis' here HOWEVER I will move the red into where it's touching the black and on the same line to show where the CB can actually get to and just that few millimeters of movement will open up BOB and make that black pottable.

Besides which Travis hasn't really said where the black/red is lined up to and in order to ACTUALLY cover BOB it has to be lined up to about 6" down the green side cushion and FROZEN to the black because in the end that is the spot where the CB can get to although it would be a simultaneous hit so I will back off the red just a hair and I will show the black can be potted plain ball with no side.

But what I see happening is the true believers on here will say 'no, you've not set it up the same as Travis but then again Travis never told us exactly how it's set up did he? There is a gap of around 1/4" or a bit more between the red and black and the CB can fit into that space. You have to really understand the principle involved.
                      well, the way i see it, at the time of contact there is NO BOB. those 2 balls are lined up about 2-3 inches way off from the pockt. ( see Pic NR 5 please ) .
                      So, Sumthing should puch the black in to the pocket and alter it's path. Right?
                      Looks like I miss something here, than .

Btw , of cours , Looking forward to see your Vid.
                      Last edited by Ramon; 18 September 2017, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                        Denial is amazing.
                        Yes it is isn't it biggie. Try the triangle test and tell Dr. Dave about it, and then maybe he will stop 'proving' SIT with plants and sets where it's squeeze that's doing the funny stuff not side, then the US just might stand a chance of getting a player with a cue action good enough to be a top snooker player instead of facing every shot with a head full of acronyms.
                        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
                          Top work Ramon.

Just as I thought (well knew) no way is BOB in play there.
                          It's all there as clear as day yet still denial!

If fact if I did manage to hit BOB from that position I would say I was the greatest ever player in the history of the game..which I'm not!!

Can't wait for TD's effort later. And hopefully tries the yellow I played with his favoured check side
                          Last edited by travisbickle; 18 September 2017, 04:19 PM.

Comment

The CB on contact is in the exact same position as the yellow ball which was touching both red/black balls.
                            If correct BOB was in play here the pictures would be different but they are not.

You simply can't argue against this...but you will of course

Comment

I set Tels shot up today and did pot one black. Very difficult shot though and hard to line up too.

Tbh, its all a waste of time because I obviously do not know how similar my red & black plant was to Terry's. He said 5" then 6", from the green pocket, its all too vague. You need a line to a point from the green pocket to have consistent set ups.

All the verbal ball set ups is OTT. Fractions out and any shot is different.
                              JP Majestic
                              3/4
                              57"
                              17oz
                              9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                                I set Tels shot up today and did pot one black. Very difficult shot though and hard to line up too.

Tbh, its all a waste of time because I obviously do not know how similar my red & black plant was to Terry's. He said 5" then 6", from the green pocket, its all too vague. You need a line to a point from the green pocket to have consistent set ups.

All the verbal ball set ups is OTT. Fractions out and any shot is different.
                                My example tells you SIT exists throtts.

Putting the yellow there first showing you it's touching both the red & black means BOB is never in play.

TD will say I swerved into the gap because red black weren't touching.

Facts are though there is no gap to swerve into as Red/black were touching the yellow.

Comment

Working...
                                X