No announcement yet.

Terry's Videos Showing SIT or No SIT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats my size too funny enough on my JP - 9.3mm ferrule, to be precise with a Elky. Parris has still got it though in his shop to fit a new ferrule.

Are you doing anymore vids, Tel, is there any point if you are?..
    JP Majestic
    3/4
    57"
    17oz
    9.5mm Elk

Comment

I can't remember how the SIT stuff started now. This is bonkers hahaha

This is more controversial than CB V On sighting and "Thai gate" lumped together

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
        Thats my size too funny enough on my JP - 9.3mm ferrule, to be precise with a Elky. Parris has still got it though in his shop to fit a new ferrule.

Are you doing anymore vids, Tel, is there any point if you are?..
        With Biggie and his strawman Travis I don't think there is a point at all. Travis will continue to keep trying his own version of the set-up and both of them will continue insulting both vmax and myself. At least Jason has discovered that if SIT exists it doesn't make a useable difference and is not practical to use if BOB to the far jaw is blocked. Although Travis will continue to shout 'but it's the same thing' as he doesn't understand that 1/2" of separation makes all the difference and and allows the leading edge of the CB to hit the BOB to the far jaw but still has to slop in, not useful if you have to play position as you're on the top cushion.
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post

This is more controversial than CB V On sighting and "Thai gate" lumped together
          What is CB V and Thai gate? Never heard of either.
          Terry Davidson

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
            I have been attempting to lengthen my backswing, slow it down, maybe get a rear pause too but breaking the habits of a lifetime are VERY hard to do. Thanks for the critique however believe me I'm well aware of those problems and am working on them one at a time. Problem is when I'm in the balls I unconsciously revert as I find it hard to correctly guage the power. I see Travis and Jason both have those nice longer smooth backswings.

When I watch you play it doesn't look loose or natural, I think you are controling the stroke too much. Just loosen up and go more freestyle.

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post

What is CB V and Thai gate? Never heard of either.
              CB V = Cue ball sighting vs object ball sighting at time of striking
              Thai-gate = the fuss a few years ago when it turned out that some UK cue makers whee buying in pre-made cues and finishing them here and selling them as hand made UK cues.
              Hope this helps
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Has Tel and vmax executed the knockout punch. BTR have gone pass their count of ten, hahaha.
                JP Majestic
                3/4
                57"
                17oz
                9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by sealer View Post
                  When I watch you play it doesn't look loose or natural, I think you are controling the stroke too much. Just loosen up and go more freestyle.
                  I don't have enough time left on this earth to take on any drastic changes. What pees me off is every once in awhile I'll have a day where everything feels right and everything goes (although never in a match)
                  Terry Davidson

Comment

I don't have enough time left on this earth to take on any drastic changes. What pees me off is every once in awhile I'll have a day where everything feels right and everything goes (although never in a match)
                    All I am saying is that you are looking to be over controlling your stroke to the point of yips.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      Thai-gate = the fuss a few years ago when it turned out that some UK cue makers whee buying in pre-made cues and finishing them here and selling them as hand made UK cues.
                      Hope this helps
                      Yes it does, thank you. I never though of CB = OB sighting. Christ we better keep it quite or Biggie will drag out some American internet reference where it will 'prove' CB sighting is right and OB sighters are all wrong.

Didn't associate Thai-gate with that cuemaking scandal. I even remember a photo purporting to be in JP's back room showing a bunch of Thai cues in a box.
                      Terry Davidson

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                        Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        Hope this helps
                        Yes it does, thank you. I never though of CB = OB sighting. Christ we better keep it quite or Biggie will drag out some American internet reference where it will 'prove' CB sighting is right and OB sighters are all wrong.

Didn't associate Thai-gate with that cuemaking scandal. I even remember a photo purporting to be in JP's back room showing a bunch of Thai cues in a box.
                        The photo of a pile of shafts was in the front of shop when the TSF member popped in and took the photo
                        All explained by JP in the Curtis interview.
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

One for Ramon:

Although the still shots you grab off the screen are all very nice you should remember the video camera taking them is at 60fps and you cannot precisely time the exact time of contact on the black ball. We see what we have been programmed to see.

You have to remember when using side with drag you are altering the leading edge of the cueball. In addition to that when you play the object ball slow across the nap there is a bending effect which is very minor but still there. When we're talking of just 1 or 2 degrees of movement it can be that or even a small roll on the table. Additionally it could be Impact Throw which also exist in a small amount. Think about it:biggrin-new:
                          fair point .
                          As far as i know no one said thr is never deflection or swerve in a shot .
                          You keep saying that er was a gap between those twee balls . Well , thr was'nt .

EVEN IF there was a gap , That would'nt be relevant at this point .
                          Bcuz at the moment of contact , those 2 balls were'nt lined up in to the pocket direction .
                          So, gonig by the angle at the time of contact , would be impossible for OB to take it's natural path sright in to the pocket .

You said something to me earlier in one of your posts . something like , i
                          accuse your cue action.
                          well, I do'nt. I simply saying , just bcuz you/me/or ..... can'nt play a shot or doing something, does'nt mean in anyway that it can'nt be done.
                          Are you able to play a scrw back shot as well as Jimmy does ?
                          Does this mean , playing a scrwback shot is impossible ?

Cueing is an Art .
                          Take a look at my avatar. That little boy standing next to Alex , is Ronni. ( saying Ronni bcuz no one can play a shot with side as good as Ronni and Jimmy are able to do )
                          He sarted from that age and god knows how many hours practise and play time behind his game in the past years.

you have your experience, great knowledge and every one respects you.
                          All I'm saying, give it sum time , put abit more effort and table time in it , and try it for yourself.
                          Who knows you may come back here some day to surpris us.

Gonna shoot myself for the fifth time. ( and @ throtts , you're
                          responsible)
                          and than on my way to work .

Good night TSF ,
                          Good night Vmax .
                          Good night every one !! :snooker:

Comment

Travis...you didn't answer my question. Why did you change the set-up? 'Because it was the same' is not the answer because it wasn't. Quit waffling and answer the damned question. Do exactly what vmax says here because this test and demonstration was set up to eliminate ANY POSSIBILITY of either vmax or myself arguing against SIT. You say we know NOTHING about side but you've now seen both of us use it and by the way I've been using side since vitalite balls were the standard.

Even Jason now believes if you hide BOB (to the far jaw) with the red it's not possible to make the black because it's not turning threw SIT but another possibility is with such a small deviation your result could be CIT and not SIT.

But it's great you're moving off this string and I hope Biggie does too so now all we have to do is convince the other players to not use these shots in matches but feel free to practice them until they are competent. What happens on a pool table does not necessarily happen exactly the same on a snooker table and my set-up proved that.
                            Again, why does physics break down on a snooker table? What is it specifically about SIT that doesn't work on a snooker table? Coriolis proved many other effects of balls colliding on tables - top spin and screw back to name but two - don't they happen on a snooker table either? I could have sworn i have seen them. Perhaps the larger balls and napless cloth of a pool table make them follow a little further and draw a little more, but i've definitely seen the effects of both top and screw on a snooker table.

Or is it just this one reaction that fails as soon as the cloth turns green?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                              Gonna shoot myself for the fifth time. ( and @ throtts , you're
                              responsible)
                              Hahahaha, you keep bloody missing, buddy.

On your way to work. Jeeps, you a bouncer at a night club .
                              JP Majestic
                              3/4
                              57"
                              17oz
                              9.5mm Elk

Comment

One for Ramon:

Although the still shots you grab off the screen are all very nice you should remember the video camera taking them is at 60fps and you cannot precisely time the exact time of contact on the black ball. We see what we have been programmed to see.

You have to remember when using side with drag you are altering the leading edge of the cueball. In addition to that when you play the object ball slow across the nap there is a bending effect which is very minor but still there. When we're talking of just 1 or 2 degrees of movement it can be that or even a small roll on the table. Additionally it could be Impact Throw which also exist in a small amount. Think about it:biggrin-new:
                                A good guffaw at the bolded bit.

Interesting you mention CIT. I'm betting a pound to a Canadian dollar you had no idea about CIT until relatively recently. I'm also pretty sure you had no real clue about it until the nic barrow threads. If you had, and had actually understood the physics of the shot, you wouldn't have said it was caused by cloth friction. I let you off that one before, in the spirit of thinking you were finally getting it, but if you think i can take seriously anyone thinks CiT is produced by cloth friction, you're nuttier than i thought.

And you think people should take you seriously after 10 minutes of thinking about SIT? Laughable! Some of us are a decade into this - it is frankly insulting to read the abject drivel you and vmax come out with. Educate yourselves, then learn to play.

Comment

Working...
                                X