Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to be "hungry" in potting every ball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like the fact that he's been in the top 16 eversince i started taking interest in Snooker & he's managed to stay in that elite group when other great players like Matthew Stevens & Jimmy White are already out... and from the looks of it, Mark Williams is about to join'em

Comment

Originally Posted by samasnookerfan
      Another face one could feel sorry for. (I don't mean that in a bad way, honestly.)
      that's hilarious..
      screw it

http://90minutesandmore.blogspot.com

Comment

http://www.freewebs.com/shamik-das/P...ide-defeat.jpg

From the test match in Adelaide - this is probably the worst that I've seen anyone take a defeat.

Comment

The way I see it Snooker is not like Boxing or Rugby or Football whereby you can inflict physical damage on your opponent.

Just bear that in mind. I once played Pool against a great mate who had never been 7 balled. I broke and potted 2 off the break and the rest of my balls fell perfect for me to clear up apart from 1 of them which was on the cushion. I released the safe ball on the cushion with my next pot and went on to clear up.

My mate didn't speak to me for the rest of the evening but he got over it.

Just bear in mind - it won't physically hurt your opponent if you are ruthless!

Comment

Being ruthless is something you either have in your make up or not. If you are quite competitive at anything you do then you will have no problem in wanting to beat up your opponent badly. I used to be very competitive and hated losing but as I get older I'm not as bad but I still want to win but losing doesn't hurt so much.

I don't think it is something you can develope or get into your game unless you see a sports therapist or somebody who can get you into that mental state.

Comment

i meant..how to be like..ure a robot and have no emotion in ur face..and can pot every ball..

Comment

Originally Posted by nardiello
                i meant..how to be like..ure a robot and have no emotion in ur face..and can pot every ball..
                I am glad that most professional players aren't like robots, would be so boring to watch (that's actually the reason why I don't watch Ding Junhui usually)
                Ein jedes Werkzeug ist ein Tand in eines tumben Toren Hand.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ekphantos
                  I am glad that most professional players aren't like robots, would be so boring to watch (that's actually the reason why I don't watch Ding Junhui usually)
                  it is indeed much more interesting to watch players who are more expressive & emotional... it shows that after all, they're also human

on the otherhand, it certainly didn't hurt Steve Davis & Stephen Hendry (back in their prime) to have the serious look, business like attitude & mask face around the table

Comment

Originally Posted by Sam147
                    on the otherhand, it certainly didn't hurt Steve Davis & Stephen Hendry (back in their prime) to have the serious look, business like attitude & mask face around the table
                    Unfortunately you are right there

Comment

Originally Posted by Ekphantos
                      Unfortunately you are right there
                      why "unfortunately"? u were hoping i'd be wrong?

Comment

Originally Posted by Sam147
                        it is indeed much more interesting to watch players who are more expressive & emotional... it shows that after all, they're also human

it didnt hurt them atall no - but they werent exactly popular whilst at their peaks. I guess part of the reason for that was the expressionlessness of Davis, and the kind of aloofness Hendry seemed to project.
                        "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

Would have been nice if I could have argued that showing emotions helps you win tournaments Looking at Davis in the 80s though destroys my whole theory...

Comment

well, i suppose u could argue that being expressive & showing emotions hasn't really hurt someone like John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan & Mark Williams... the three of them show emotions quite often!

Comment

Originally Posted by dannyd0g
                              it didnt hurt them atall no - but they werent exactly popular whilst at their peaks. I guess part of the reason for that was the expressionlessness of Davis, and the kind of aloofness Hendry seemed to project.
                              I wonder whether this was just because they were concentrating so much on their game or if they used it deliberately to gain psychological advantage.

Comment

IMO, it's best when players keep a poker face during a break (concentrate & focus rather than act a poker face) coz the negative expression/body language can subconsciously affect them, and also when the opponent flukes a pot or has been lucky in any form coz i believe an opponent can pick on such negativity & detect the weakness. On the other hand, i believe it's good to be reasonalbly expressive in communicating with the referee, crowd & opponent!!

Comment

Working...
                                X