Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook cues.... Are they any good?

Hi Guys,

New to group, and like most Newbies, I'm in need of guidance.

I'm 5'10 with a best break of 32 and a budget of £200, ideally looking for case within that budget.

I'm think 57-58" - 17.5-19oz - 9.5-9.8mm tip. In contact with Stu at greenbaize as well.

Problem I have is I live in Eastbourne, and unable to make it to a showroom to test before I buy.

Any advice or recommendations of good quality smooth cues, I would be very grateful.

regards

Contact ADR147, a top cue seller amd a member here. His cues are under 200 quid. That's the ebay page. You might get some discount if you avoid ebay. Green ba8ze as you said is another good option.

Checkout these phoenix cues, machine spliced but good value for money.

https://www.craftsmancues.com/acatal...iced-cues.html

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_s..._sop=16&_pgn=2
    Last edited by fkhan; 21 May 2022, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Hey, many thanks for your reply. Enjoy the weekend

Comment

In your opinion, does ferrule material matter much?

Comment

Originally Posted by BennyBlanco View Post
          There are mixed opinions on that subject. I haven't tried a titanium ferrule yet. I've played with brass ferrules all my life. Check this thread for more details.

https://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/bo...tanium-ferrule

Comment

Welcome to TSF. I recently purchased a whole set-up from GreenBaize and can highly recommend them. They threw in some goodies as well For your budget their Mastercues are superb, very smooth indeed and balanced nicely, I just got to learn how to use the thing properly now! All the best.

Comment

Originally Posted by BennyBlanco View Post
              The difference between a titanium ferrule and a non threaded, or thinner walled brass ferrule is minimal imo. The difference between those two and a thicker walled, threaded brass ferrule is huge.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

If your getting a new cue then I don’t think the ferule material makes too much difference ,as the whole package is new and takes time to get used to it ,changed my cue after 20 years last year and went with a titanium ferule ,took about 3 to 4 weeks to feel good and normal .Changing to titanium from brass on your current cue may feel a little different .Getting a new cue your probably better going with titanium as it’s harder ,won’t wear down or misshape anywhere near as much ,and it stays clean and bright and won’t dull .

Comment

Originally Posted by CL73 View Post
                  Welcome to TSF. I recently purchased a whole set-up from GreenBaize and can highly recommend them. They threw in some goodies as well For your budget their Mastercues are superb, very smooth indeed and balanced nicely, I just got to learn how to use the thing properly now! All the best.
                  Thank you for info

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                    If your getting a new cue then I don’t think the ferule material makes too much difference ,as the whole package is new and takes time to get used to it ,changed my cue after 20 years last year and went with a titanium ferule ,took about 3 to 4 weeks to feel good and normal .Changing to titanium from brass on your current cue may feel a little different .Getting a new cue your probably better going with titanium as it’s harder ,won’t wear down or misshape anywhere near as much ,and it stays clean and bright and won’t dull .
                    Thanks for the reply, really helpful 👍

Comment

Anyone tried the Facebook cue makers?

£120 for "hand made" seems too good to be true with a mini butt. Are they just re-badged?

Thanks

Comment

Personally I would stay away, it stinks to me, plus when I hear or see 'Facebook' I loose interest immediately GreenBaize is a no-brainer, as you have the budget, why look at other smelly cheap options?

Comment

Originally Posted by CL73 View Post
                          Personally I would stay away, it stinks to me, plus when I hear or see 'Facebook' I loose interest immediately GreenBaize is a no-brainer, as you have the budget, why look at other smelly cheap options?
                          Yeah makes all the sense in the world, Stu is going to have a look and email me tomorrow. Thanks for comments

Comment

Theres good advice on this thread Benny, the general feeling with the Facebook brands is that the quality is inconsistent at best. The pictures of cues look great but there is a big difference in quality of Chinese cues compared to a quality Thai cue and this is were it becomes a bit of a lottery buying one from there as some cheaper Chinese cues can be sold as Thai made etc.

Brands like Master cue, phoenix cues , Maximus cues, Tom Classic cue are tried and tested brands that have consistent quality and should just about come in on your budget depending which model you choose. The difference in these cues compared to say Grand emperor cue which are an ok starter cue is huge. It's all about feel and response and these Thai makers understand that very well whereas some of the cheap Chinese cues feel like broomsticks, so don't buy on looks alone.
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I don't know what they are going for nowadays but if they are around that price I would be going Jim Butters( I have one of his cues, it's very, very good) or a Jason Wright cue ( j6uk on here) both play the game and understand how a cue should play and both are hand made from scratch.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                              X