No announcement yet.

return to snooker after 15 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

know that feeling too well bulkie, i have resorted at the moment to a game or two of billiards first just so i can get my cue ball control back to some sort of reasonable level.

Comment

Welcome to the forum and welcome back onto the green baize!

Your question about the cue joints.. Some manufacturers do have different joints for 3/4 and butt joint, this is usually when the 3/4 joint is simply that: a 3/4 joint for splitting the cue to fit in a shorter cue case. Cue Craft have the same joints e.g. Airlock 3/4 joint and Airlock butt joint (or semi-quicklock) on both. This enables you to put extensions into either joint. This is particularly useful if you have a tight-spot around the table, as you can put the mini-butt in the 3/4 joint and make a shorter cue! Also, this is great if you play English 8 ball pool as a lot of pubs have tight-spots. Happy Cueing! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerpoolman View Post
        Welcome to the forum and welcome back onto the green baize!
        My local is called green baize haha
        Dark side of the moon

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerfan91 View Post
          My local is called green baize haha
          Mine was, now its called The Chesterton Suite and you need to know two current members before they will actually let you join... Interestingly the other day I found out why it suddenly closed down and changed name few years back... I found a document online saying they wouldn't renew the license unless they sorted the place out
          Funny I don't actually think its that better now...
          sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

that seems to be the case down here in london. too many of the clubs have become either gambling dens or a place that drug dealers have started using. guess its the dark lighting that makes it a magnet for them. not all clubs are like that though but has become extremely difficult to fine a good club.

Comment

My decent one is called Racks.
              Dark side of the moon

Comment

Working...
              X