Just started playing again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by snookerpoolman View Post
    Welcome to the forum lads... I too will be up for a game either travelling over to your locations or you're all welcome to come over to Clay Cross, where we have 21 lovely Riley tables, bar, restaurant etc... Prob. not this week as am all over the country working on pool tables, we can even get a four up... All play each other and finish off with a doubles for a laugh...

I'm happy to give you lads a few pointers if you're a bit rusty... We can have our very own Derbyshire TSF Society!
    Thanks Dave, I'll take you up on your offer of a few pointers when you get chance, think I've gone past the point of being rusty and my game has started crumbling a bit!

We have actually met once, I bought a Riley pro triangle from your ebay site and you hand delivered it the next day, you'll remember because the pointer was broken and you sent a new one in the post next day, no quibbles - top man!

Comment

Originally Posted by sully View Post
      No problem Keith, good to meet you and thanks for the beers!

I'm free next wekend if you're up for it, also keen to try the Bolehill club sometime soon if possible, especially as it's a heated table - something I'd like to retrofit to mine.

Interesting you think my pockets are a bit tighter, they actually measure 3.5 inches which is correct (apart from the chuffin brown pocket!!) but I wonder if the cut of the rubber or the drop off point is making them seem tight?

I think the decent breaks will come for you soon Keith, there's nothing wrong with your potting and position was pretty good so just be patient and you'll get there.

I have to say the only reason I beat you is because I went into defence mode a bit while you were trying to knock everything in leaving me easy pots!
      Yeah sometime next weekend would be good. Either Saturday or Sunday although I'm at work Saturday evening.

Maybe its the cut of the pocket as opposed to the width. I've heard that mentioned before about certain tables.

Comment

Originally Posted by <CuePower> View Post
        Yeah sometime next weekend would be good. Either Saturday or Sunday although I'm at work Saturday evening.

Maybe its the cut of the pocket as opposed to the width. I've heard that mentioned before about certain tables.
        The pockets at Bolehill appear much bigger since we have the nice new white leathers put on with the refit Keith, before when we had the dark brown leathers they seemed very tight indeed, esp the middle bags.

Only been here for a day and I'm already gagging for some snooker, feck knows what I'm going to be like by the weekend!
        One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

Thanks Dave, I'll take you up on your offer of a few pointers when you get chance, think I've gone past the point of being rusty and my game has started crumbling a bit!

We have actually met once, I bought a Riley pro triangle from your ebay site and you hand delivered it the next day, you'll remember because the pointer was broken and you sent a new one in the post next day, no quibbles - top man!
          Hi Sully - funny you should say that. I half wondered if it was you!

Never did see your table as it had gone dark when I got to you!! (hope your farmer neighbour has forgiven me for blocking the path of his tractor!!!)

Booked up with table installs and re-covers for the next week and a half, but after that will deffo be up for a game either Bolehill, Clay Cross or yours...
          just updated the TSF Tournament thread, so hopefully both you and Cuepower will be joining us for that in June...

Dave

Comment

Hi mate.
            It's strange that despite all your posts that your post count onlyu shows as being 1.
            I wish I grew older like that lol.

Comment

Originally Posted by firefrets View Post
              Hi mate.
              It's strange that despite all your posts that your post count onlyu shows as being 1.
              I wish I grew older like that lol.
              Yea weird, I wondered why its staying on 1?

Comment

Yea weird, I wondered why its staying on 1?
                Thats because certain parts of the forum such as this "Newbies etc" don't count towards your posting tally..... you need to get on different areas to make it happen :snooker:

Comment

I see Keith and Guy have both now doubled up for the No 2 and No 3 teams Dwayne, will be interesting when you meet this week.

Will we have a Guy v Keith match and then a Keith v Guy match with them each on different sides each time, or will we have a Guy v Guy and a Keith v Keith match even, the mind boggles!!

There would probably be a lot of thinking time involved in the one where Guy plays himself, referees in short supply for that one, only kiddin lol.

Comment

Originally Posted by pottingpinks View Post
                    I see Keith and Guy have both now doubled up for the No 2 and No 3 teams Dwayne, will be interesting when you meet this week.

Will we have a Guy v Keith match and then a Keith v Guy match with them each on different sides each time, or will we have a Guy v Guy and a Keith v Keith match even, the mind boggles!!

There would probably be a lot of thinking time involved in the one where Guy plays himself, referees in short supply for that one, only kiddin lol.
                    Yer, I was not told or asked about it and am slightly ****ed off, that said Keith will hopefully turn out for the 3rd team for the rest of the season and get some needed practice in before next season, pretty sure Guy will reinstate his old team with Zoppi, Broughy and the other bloke so will have to have a rejig, hopfelly myself, Keith and Mr Gwynne-Jones will make up most part of another team....

After the reply I got today from Martin Forster pretty certain I'll never be playing in the same team as him ever again! ey ho can't please every body can you!
                    One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerpoolman View Post
                      Hi Sully - funny you should say that. I half wondered if it was you!

Never did see your table as it had gone dark when I got to you!! (hope your farmer neighbour has forgiven me for blocking the path of his tractor!!!)

Booked up with table installs and re-covers for the next week and a half, but after that will deffo be up for a game either Bolehill, Clay Cross or yours...
                      just updated the TSF Tournament thread, so hopefully both you and Cuepower will be joining us for that in June...

Dave
                      Still up for a :snooker:session when you have time Dave, happy to come to Clay Cross if you like, free all this Sunday.

Joined the Bolehill club last week and played Rick on Sunday night (lost badly), found it very strange playing on a different table for a change, wouldn't have thought it would make much difference but I struggled to find the pockets for some reason

Drop me a mail when your'e free - osullies@btinternet.com

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X