X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cues and what you prefer or class as the best

Hi all

New here and im sure this question has been asked many times. What do you think the best cue id and why have you chosen it.

I myself prefer Parris cues, I had an Elite made 20 years ago and still use it today. I just loved the brazillian tulipwood in the butt and the designs looked very different to the standard cues that were around at the time.

I have just ordered the 'Ultimate' Parris cue with some exotic woods and vineers in the design.

I know some people don't like Parris cues but I can't fault them.

regards

Hope it turns out well for you - personally I wont wait that long for a cue - 2 years - might be dead.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
      Hope it turns out well for you - personally I wont wait that long for a cue - 2 years - might be dead.
      No I wouldn't either, would rather pay an extra couple of hundred quid and buy one off eBay if the specs are right and have it within a couple of days.

Comment

If you still play with your old one why order another?

Comment

I didn't play for around 15 years, just the odd game here and there. I said to my wife that if I can knock in a century either in practice or a match then I will order a new cue as the Parris I have was made to measure when I was 17. its to short now but started using it again once I started playng again. Its 57' and now I need a 59'. makes a difference as my fingers hang off the butt of my current Parris.

I have ordered a Mastercraft Black Prince cue to the exact specs of my Parris to get used to the dimensions of the cue so the transition isn't too great when I get the Parris.

Comment

Originally Posted by 2v1977 View Post
            I didn't play for around 15 years, just the odd game here and there. I said to my wife that if I can knock in a century either in practice or a match then I will order a new cue as the Parris I have was made to measure when I was 17. its to short now but started using it again once I started playng again. Its 57' and now I need a 59'. makes a difference as my fingers hang off the butt of my current Parris.

I have ordered a Mastercraft Black Prince cue to the exact specs of my Parris to get used to the dimensions of the cue so the transition isn't too great when I get the Parris.
            My fingers have always hung off the butt of my cues since I started playing in my teens and don't know any different, it was something I just got used with which I adapted to.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
              I didn't play for around 15 years, just the odd game here and there. I said to my wife that if I can knock in a century either in practice or a match then I will order a new cue as the Parris I havek was made to measure when I was 17. its to short now but started using it again once I started playng again. Its 57' and now I need a 59'. makes a difference as my fingers hang off the butt of my current Parris.

My fingers have always hung off the butt of my cues since I started playing in my teens and don't know any different, it was something I just got used with which I adapted to.
              I'm the same.. 6ft 5'5. And play with a 57inch cue albeit I have been trying to get hold of my normal spec cue in 58 recently to try.

Comment

I'm 6.1ft and when I was measured up for my new cue he said I would need a 59.1/2 inch cue. if your 6.5ft you would need a cue over 60' im sure.

To answer a previous post, I didn't want to buy someone else's cue from eBay. I wanted to design my own cue and have it built.

Comment

Originally Posted by aucott80 View Post
                  I'm the same.. 6ft 5'5. And play with a 57inch cue albeit I have been trying to get hold of my normal spec cue in 58 recently to try.
                  I'm around 6ft4 and play with cue 57 3/4, it was sold to me as a 58" but it's not, I've tried 59" before and that straight away didn't feel right.

Ps when I first started playing I bought a 56 3/4 barracuda cue off a mate and used that for a few year.

Comment

I'm 6.1ft and when I was measured up for my new cue he said I would need a 59.1/2 inch cue. if your 6.5ft you would need a cue over 60' im sure.

To answer a previous post, I didn't want to buy someone else's cue from eBay. I wanted to design my own cue and have it built.
                    Don't listen to all that tripe about being over 6ft and needing a 59"-60" cue because you won't!

Comment

I'm surprised an experienced cue maker like JP has said you need 59.5". How did he measure this?

I'm 6ft 1" with longish arms and use a standard 58". That's with around a 12" bridge as well. Tried a 59" cue once and it felt awful. I thought I read once that with anything over 59", the chances are it won't play well?

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
                        I'm surprised an experienced cue maker like JP has said you need 59.5". How did he measure this?

I'm 6ft 1" with longish arms and use a standard 58". That's with around a 12" bridge as well. Tried a 59" cue once and it felt awful. I thought I read once that with anything over 59", the chances are it won't play well?
                        agree - odd thing to say - i know a guy who is 6'9" and uses a tiny cue!
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                          agree - odd thing to say - i know a guy who is 6'9" and uses a tiny cue!
                          My mate got measured up by JP for his cue. He's around 6ft 2" and was told he needed a 59"!

I know we are all built different but as far as I know the only 6ft plus pro with a 59" cue is Neil Robertson and he holds it 2-3" from the end the majority of the time.

Comment

When you go to JP to get measured for a cue he gets you to take shots with a long cue on his table at his shop. He then gets you to freeze at different points of the shot and take measurements. then tells you your perfect length of cue. I don't see why you think its odd that a professional cue maker that makes cues for 75% of the top 32 players in the world would tell you what size cue you need. I am sure all the good handmade cue makers would do that. Or is that what puts JP at the top of the list.

Comment

When you go to JP to get measured for a cue he gets you to take shots with a long cue on his table at his shop. He then gets you to freeze at different points of the shot and take measurements. then tells you your perfect length of cue. I don't see why you think its odd that a professional cue maker that makes cues for 75% of the top 32 players in the world would tell you what size cue you need. I am sure all the good handmade cue makers would do that. Or is that what puts JP at the top of the list.
                              I don't give a divvy what length of cue Parris think you'll need let him and his merry men stick to making cues not giving advice on length of cues people will need as this will bring up to many inconsistencies due to people's personal preferences.

Comment

Working...
                              X