This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Don't listen to all that tripe about being over 6ft and needing a 59"-60" cue because you won't!
    don't no if I should listen to you or the worlds best cue maker

Comment

There has been around 30 posts on this thread and not one person has answered the original question. Far to many people looking for arguments

Comment

Originally Posted by 2v1977 View Post
        There has been around 30 posts on this thread and not one person has answered the original question. Far to many people looking for arguments
        You're in the Parris bubble so there's no point answering your original post as all others opinions probably won't be valid.

Comment

... What do you think the best cue is and why have you chosen it. ...
          The best cue for me is my Mike Wooldridge cue with blackspin ferrule, it just suits me for some reason.
          My Trev cue is very nice too but is stiffer so is taking some getting used to
          http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...psjqsdogk2.jpghttp://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...pskznmidho.jpg

Comment

There is no answer to your question. A cue is what it is, one man's muck and all that.

Comment

You're in the Parris bubble so there's no point answering your original post as all others opinions probably won't be valid.
              There is no need for the attitude. I was just wanting a good conversation with fellow cue enthusiasts. Feel free NOT to post on here if the thread is of no interest to you.

Comment

There is no need for the attitude. I was just wanting a good conversation with fellow cue enthusiasts. Feel free NOT to post on here if the thread is of no interest to you.
                Its not attitude old mate, it's when people blank other people's advice and experiences and get completely shunted ike they don't know what they're on about and you start babbling on about Parris like our opinions no matter what will be ignored. Goodnight.

Comment

Gotta say, you're quick to make friends. Seriously though, my advise to you would be to listen to people like Leo. His contributions to this forum has been invaluable over the years.

Comment

Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
                    Gotta say, you're quick to make friends. Seriously though, my advise to you would be to listen to people like Leo. His contributions to this forum has been invaluable over the years.
                    I appreciate all the comments but let me tell you what this thread was for. I wanted to know what cue maker and cues people thought were the best. Its each to their own. I myself am a JP fan. I am not looking for ad ice because I am looking for a cue. Its just to see what and why people regard certain cue makers over others. Only 1 person has commented on their cue and maker. Crazy that it seemed to be all about slagging off JP.

Comment

I appreciate all the comments but let me tell you what this thread was for. I wanted to know what cue maker and cues people thought were the best. Its each to their own. I myself am a JP fan. I am not looking for ad ice because I am looking for a cue. Its just to see what and why people regard certain cue makers over others. Only 1 person has commented on their cue and maker. Crazy that it seemed to be all about slagging off JP.
                      That was supposed to be advice, not ad ice in the previous post

Comment

I have played with MW cue and was a great cue ( ash ) !! I decided playing with maple !! at the moment my playing cue is a MAC Cue!! Richy made it for me!! great job and the cue suits my game!!
                        I think the best cue is the cue that suits your game, regardless of who made the cue!! If you are comfortable with JP cues, then so be it ,!!
                        As long as it works for you!!
                        ! you're going to play with that cue and you are the one who can best judge what is best for your game. I think that is what other members have been trying to tell you ( NOT slagging off JP ).
                        I wish you good luk with your new cue and I hope you enjoy your game!! maybe u have sum time to upload e few photo's for us , as soon as u got the cue !! looking forward to see it !!

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
                          There is no answer to your question. A cue is what it is, one man's muck and all that.
                          yep - and also it always raises the question how many have you tired?
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Don't listen to all that tripe about being over 6ft and needing a 59"-60" cue because you won't!
                            This is true. I'm 6' and use a 57.5. The general rule of thumb unless you have really long arms is 58" for 6' and 57" for 5'8". You shouldn't need more than a 58" if you cue so that your forearm is upright before you take the cue back. However, if you like to grip the cue a couple of inches up the butt (I grip at the end of the butt), I guess you might need a 59-60". Is that what you do.

Ok, on to Parris. Yes, an Ultimate is the dogs danglies of a cue. I agree with you. They're well made cues, all above board. You get to specify everything which really is epic. I wouldn't buy someone else's Saville Row suit either, even if it looked my ideal size. It just wouldn't feel right. The wait will be worth it. Forget what you hear from some, JP makes a brilliant cue. But I use my PP now not a JP Ultimate, CJ, Phoenix, JD147 or Riley Classic. So it's a difficult for me to argue against a JPU or for one except to say that for a modern cue, it really is ultimate. The best players in the World use a Parris. If they weren't up to scratch, they wouldn't.
                            Last edited by Master Blaster; 26 March 2015, 02:05 AM.

Comment

I've had many cues......they all have their plus & minus points.
                              I've had a......
                              2pc Riley £20 Argos cue, terrible finish, joint has gone.....got insulating tape over it......still have
                              Nelson 1 piece, too light and whippy....had my highest break of 103 with this cue.....broke it by accident.
                              Aeon 2 piece, looked nice, rubbish to play....sold
                              Riley piece Graphite, "Don't even go there"! Still have
                              JP Champion 3/4.....lovely well made cue, too much forward weight when striking.....good resale value.
                              2 piece Ebony handspliced(can't remember make) snapped behind ferrule, had it fixed at Glovers.....weight balance changed, spoilt it....sold
                              Peradon Kingsley Kennersley 1pc match cue, good striker and good around black spot, poor for power shots...still have
                              1 pc E.J Riley old thick butt, ash shaft.....okay but nothing special.....still have
                              Mastercue Handspliced......only got today, i'll let you know in due course.....

I have found that all these cues served a purpose, no matter how short that may have been......apart from the Nelson that for some reason worked well(good form, youth etc), i'm still looking for that "Holy Grail Cue".....

With reference to the John Parris debate.....I've owned one, unfortunately I bought the wrong spec for me....lovelyest cue I've owned so far, i'd love another but the cost/waiting time seems to put them out of my reach atm.
                              Safety doesn't win frames.......Potting does!

Comment

I have owned a lot of cues, really a lot! parris is on average not the best, if you get a good one it will be superb like any maker but for example I have yet to see a poor robin cook cue..... the difference maybe is in the volume I have seen hundreds of parris cues.
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                                X