This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
    As ADR has said, that's the problem with cues. It can look absolutely brilliant, but might not feel right to YOU at all.

A cue will never make you a better player though, that is for sure!
    I am not suggesting it will make me play better. But having the same cue for 20 years I thought I would upgrade. It may not suit me, I will know when it arrives. I have read posts about people having several cues and don't believe those people know what they are looking for. It is a sign of thinking a new cue will make the person play better and not giving it a chance. I have never done that and that's why I stuck to one cue all my life. I wanted a longer cue so went all out for the Ultimate.

Comment

• Originally Posted by 2v1977 View Post
      I am not suggesting it will make me play better. But having the same cue for 20 years I thought I would upgrade. It may not suit me, I will know when it arrives. I have read posts about people having several cues and don't believe those people know what they are looking for. It is a sign of thinking a new cue will make the person play better and not giving it a chance. I have never done that and that's why I stuck to one cue all my life. I wanted a longer cue so went all out for the Ultimate.
      Well at least you've got something to look forward to in the summer of 2018 so not to long a wait.. I know if I was desperate and wanted an ultimate I'd ask around on here because not everyone selling JP ultimates sell them solely for profit. Yes specs might an issue for a while but I'm sure you'd finally get one with your specs a lot quicker then 3 years if you ask about.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
        Well at least you've got something to look forward to in the summer of 2018 so not to long a wait.. I know if I was desperate and wanted an ultimate I'd ask around on here because not everyone selling JP ultimates sell them solely for profit. Yes specs might an issue for a while but I'm sure you'd finally get one with your specs a lot quicker then 3 years if you ask about.
        I have ordered a 3/4 jointed cue so the wait time is 12~18 months. 3 years for a 1 piece.

I did not want to hunt around and buy someone else's design. I went for a design that I have never seen before that I selected on The Cue Builder page on JP site.

I have also said that in the meantime I have ordered a handmade cue from Mastercraft to the exact spec of the new Parris so to get used to the dimensions until it arrives. Then I can compare a well made budget cue to a high priced sort after cue. I am looking forward to the comparison.

Comment

I have ordered a 3/4 jointed cue so the wait time is 12~18 months. 3 years for a 1 piece.

I did not want to hunt around and buy someone else's design. I went for a design that I have never seen before that I selected on The Cue Builder page on JP site.

I have also said that in the meantime I have ordered a handmade cue from Mastercraft to the exact spec of the new Parris so to get used to the dimensions until it arrives. Then I can compare a well made budget cue to a high priced sort after cue. I am looking forward to the comparison.
          That fair enough not a bad idea. You may want to take little notice of of the 12-18 month list you've been quoted for your 3/4 because the last chap on here was quoted the same and his was rolled into the 30 month bracket I believe.

Comment

That fair enough not a bad idea. You may want to take little notice of of the 12-18 month list you've been quoted for your 3/4 because the last chap on here was quoted the same and his was rolled into the 30 month bracket I believe.
            Noted. But unfortunately there isn't much I can do about it. I was hoping it would be nearer to 12 months rather than 18. If it is closer to 30 months then I may well be used to my Mastercraft cue and not want to bother with the Parris. Keep and eye out for a brand new Parris up for sale on here in 30 months time.

Comment

My 3/4 has just ticked over 17 months and hasn't shown any signs of progress.

Comment

Noted. But unfortunately there isn't much I can do about it. I was hoping it would be nearer to 12 months rather than 18. If it is closer to 30 months then I may well be used to my Mastercraft cue and not want to bother with the Parris. Keep and eye out for a brand new Parris up for sale on here in 30 months time.

Do not buy a second hand Ultimate. What is the point? The whole idea behind the Ultimate is that it is very personal, as custom as you can get. Would you buy a second hand tailor-made Saville Row suit? Stick with your original idea and order the Ultimate. You will also pay a hefty premium on here for any cue, including a JPU. What's the point of being fleeced for a second hand cue? You don't buy a JPU here, you go and see John, in person. You meet the main man, who has more knowledge of cues than all the numpties put together. Don't be hoodwinked mate, stick by your guns.

Note his words in this video; 'for that particular player'. He talks about throw and player type. It's special attention that counts.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEt0uzddb0o

Oh look, it's the greatest of all time showing respect (something more should do here) to JP:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hx6vlFIH2k
                Note! Planed by hand.

If you don't want to wait for a JPU buy a Jawes (on here)/Ton Praram/Crispian Jones/Craftsmen Cue made for YOU instead, not a second hand JPU. If you buy a 2nd hand JPU and it doesn't work you'll be thinking, I wish I'd waited now.....
                Last edited by Master Blaster; 28 March 2015, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• Why not just get present cue lengthened and refurbed?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                    Do not buy a second hand Ultimate. What is the point? The whole idea behind the Ultimate is that it is very personal, as custom as you can get. Would you buy a second hand tailor-made Saville Row suit? Stick with your original idea and order the Ultimate. You will also pay a hefty premium on here for any cue, including a JPU. What's the point of being fleeced for a second hand cue? You don't buy a JPU here, you go and see John, in person. You meet the main man, who has more knowledge of cues than all the numpties put together. Don't be hoodwinked mate, stick by your guns.

Note his words in this video; 'for that particular player'. He talks about throw and player type. It's special attention that counts.

Oh look, it's the greatest of all time showing respect (something more should do here) to JP:
                    Note! Planed by hand.
                    You're starting to get right on my ti*s old spoon, who the hell do you think you are calling us numpties and unknowledgable. I think you're full of sh*t and your sole purpose is to wind as many people up on here with your Bullsh*t as possible.

Comment

You're starting to get right on my ti*s old spoon, who the hell do you think you are calling us numpties and unknowledgable. I think you're full of sh*t and your sole purpose is to wind as many people up on here with your Bullsh*t as possible.
                      If you wish to put yourself in the numty class, that's your choice old spoon. You don't even have or have ever played with an ultimate, ignoramus. You're slagging off Ultimates and you haven't even owned one. Buy an Ultimate and give us your opinion instead of slagging off the most respected cue maker on the planet with the words learnt from others.
                      Last edited by Master Blaster; 28 March 2015, 08:27 AM.

Comment

MB. I totally agree. I went to see JP in January and it was the man himself that took the order. We spent a lot of time going through the specs and making sure it was to my exact requirements. As you say his knowledge is second to none and that why the best in the world use him.

I received my confirmation email a couple of days later and the wait began.

I am very excited about the cue and the design is awesome but may not be to everyone's taster. There is Green, White and Black veneers with Brazilian tulipwood in the butt. I will take a picture from the website and put it on here.

Comment

If you wish to put yourself in the numty class, that's your choice old spoon. You don't even have or have ever played with an ultimate, ignoramus.
                          Either you and 2V are the same person or you are an old member who's been banned before who's come back chancing his luck again.

Comment

• Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
                            Why not just get present cue lengthened and refurbed?
                            It was an option but I decided to leave it and get another one made

Comment

MB. I totally agree. I went to see JP in January and it was the man himself that took the order. We spent a lot of time going through the specs and making sure it was to my exact requirements. As you say his knowledge is second to none and that why the best in the world use him.

I received my confirmation email a couple of days later and the wait began.

I am very excited about the cue and the design is awesome but may not be to everyone's taster. There is Green, White and Black veneers with Brazilian tulipwood in the butt. I will take a picture from the website and put it on here.
                              Wow, different! Can't wait to see the pics. Neil on here made some wise comments, having owned all the best cues; JP/TW/etc. Cues are experiential. I hope your JPU comes faster than expected and is fabulous. There are some paranoid folk who believe there can't be two people in the world who could both like JPUs. I think you are wise getting the MC cue, it will see you through and will still be worth something if you wish to sell it.

Comment

Wow, different! Can't wait to see the pics. Neil on here made some wise comments, having owned all the best cues; JP/TW/etc. Cues are experiential. I hope your JPU comes faster than expected and is fabulous. There are some paranoid folk who believe there can't be two people in the world who could both like JPUs. I think you are wise getting the MC cue, it will see you through and will still be worth something if you wish to sell it.
                                Thanks. I am hoping for a 12 month turn around but got to prepare for a longer wait. I will have my MC cue soon enough so will try to put my JPU out of my mind until next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X