Trying to find my feet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by bolty View Post
    That's the one. Plenty of nice tables in there and seems to have a bit of life, which is always a bonus I guess.

I'm usually a DIY type guy myself if I'm being honest, but having taught myself guitar and ending up with many bad habits which has now resulted in me struggling in some aspects, I can certainly see the benefit of having some tuition! Plus I've watched so many videos recently with conflicting information, some clarity into proper technique and some general feedback would be great. Feel free to give me a PM on here if you fancy a game or two one week night (Friday is usually not good for me as I tend to me away on weekends). Don't suppose you use Google Hangouts?

Thanks Terry and alabadi - I gather from your almost identical answers that the old bloke was indeed correct (as old blokes often tend to be), so I'll look at getting this varnish off and oiled up when I get a chance.

I am familiar with Nigel Bond as I believe he was in the top 32 not so long ago - sounds like he'll be fairly expensive though as he's an ex-pro? I think £30-£40 p/h is reasonable but I really couldn't justify much more!
    I'm surprised a £100 cue has varnish on the shaft, what brand and model is it? Please tell me it's not a Peradon.

Welcome to tsf MB9.

Comment

Stevie - Thanks man, I'll be sure to get a vid next time I'm at the club. I've being trying to refine my cueing technique but I've got no doubt there's a host of things I could improve.

MB - It's a Cue Craft cue. I picked it up from a club in Nottingham that had a somewhat limited selection of snooker cues (most were pool cues with 7-8mm tips). It was probably the only one which had the specs I wanted (9.8-10mm tip, regular size, 3/4, decent brand). I'm not sure if it's actual varnish or some other type of finishing, but it's definitely not as smooth as other cues I've used, and does feel a bit "sticky". Luckily I don't ever get sweaty hands so it's not a show stopper, although I would prefer it to be as smooth as it could be.

Is it worth getting it re-finished by a professional? How much would i look at spending here? I want it done properly and can't say I'm particularly well versed in sanding.

Comment

You don't appear to have PM privileges yet but when you do, if you want to, contact me we can arrange a knock at spot on.

Comment

Sure, It'd be great to have a few frames against someone with a bit of experience - so far I've only games against my mates, most of which still can't even remember the order of the colours . I'm sure I'll be no match for you but I don't give up easily. how do I get PM privs? Feel free to email me - mjaroszk .a.t. gmail.com

Comment

Working...
          X