X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
    I'm the second red down! ������

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BWuId72t4rQ
    3 attempts at this today, hit the pink on the first, potted the white on the third, the second I hit perfectly but jawed the red, cueball right behind the green though with no easy safety on.

Comment

Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
      I'm thinking of changing break-off to the left side of the pack, purely because no-one does it around here. They may still have a pot on, but it wouldn't be one they're used to, so more chance of missing it. It will also make me use L hand side; I prefer running side I think? Hmmmm
      It's a good point because there are fewer left handed players and right handed players don't usually break from between the green and brown but I started doing that when I first saw John Higgins playing like it. I thought a right handed player breaking off on the left side is different so why not I might be getting confused over running side but I think it would be running side either side of the brown as the side applied is the same direction the cue ball goes. I've just got used to breaking off with the white on the immediate left of the brown as I've been doing it for years and playing with a generous amount of left spin aiming for somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd rows from the bottom.

The break off is your most important shot of the frame and needs attention because a good break off is always going to bring the cue ball close to the blue as it comes back to baulk regardless of it being to the left or right of the blue. An easy mistake to make can be to hit the break off too hard to try go get the cue ball behind a baulk colour. I lost count of the amount of times I ended up touching the brown getting a perfect snooker off the break but that is hitting the cue ball too hard. The secret is to hit it only hard enough to get the cue ball on the baulk cushion because that disturbs the reds much less and increases your chances of getting a second shot.
      Last edited by MrRottweiler; 21 January 2016, 11:14 PM.
      www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Working...
      X