X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Dan-cat View Post
    Messy boy that SF.

Incidentally, it wasn't SF that Snookerbacker had a Twitter beef with
    DON'T mention food and SnookerFan in the same sentence! I've seen him eat, not a pretty sight!

[SF only kidding mate - see you in Cardiff :biggrin:]
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Yup Snookerbacker's blogs during tournaments are brilliant. He wrote one a couple of years ago about how he was thinking about stopping blogging, and I hopped on the comments and told him he was too good at it to stop

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        DON'T mention food and SnookerFan in the same sentence! I've seen him eat, not a pretty sight!

Lolz. He posts on a cooking site I've heard. His name is FoodFan

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
          I had a chat with backer and he wasn't chuffed. He may have got the wrong end of the stick, backer sometimes does. One of a kind. He should be on here contributing.
          If that's the case, it's the first I've heard of it.

Comment

I'm not a pretty sight when I'm not eating either.

Comment

^ haha, that was funny a few months ago when snooker backer accused SF of being a stalker on Twitter. And he called him an idiot as well. So funny, backer was on the money that day. SF is a big snooker fan but doesn't play and hasn't a clue what he's on about when he criticises a player. You can only begin to have an inkling when you've hit some balls. Once you've done that, the respect level for the pros rises and you stop calling them names like SF does, especially about Ronnie and the flair players.
              I had a chat with backer and he wasn't chuffed. He may have got the wrong end of the stick, backer sometimes does. One of a kind. He should be on here contributing.
              I think I have solved this mystery.

I came across a user on Twitter called SnookerFan today. (@SnookerF)

This is not me.

I post on Twitter as @hurricanehorton

I think you have me confused for somebody else. Hence me having no idea what you were on about.

Comment

Great line in the Rack Pack movie from Barry...

Alex - 'People want to see flair players like me and Jimmy'
                Barry - 'Flair players? That just means you miss'

Comment

Originally Posted by Dan-cat View Post
                  Great line in the Rack Pack movie from Barry...

Alex - 'People want to see flair players like me and Jimmy'
                  Barry - 'Flair players? That just means you miss'
                  Lol - yes a great quote from a terrific little movie.

Poses a good question for todays game, Do modern viewers prefer watching technically perfect players? Or is there a craving for more naturally talented players?
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Personally I find Liang Wenbo, with all his twitchy shots and nervous disposition, a massive breath of fresh air among the robotic pros around today. I've always liked players with odd cue actions though, Joe Swail, Jamie Cope etc... Just shows there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                      Personally I find Liang Wenbo, with all his twitchy shots and nervous disposition, a massive breath of fresh air among the robotic pros around today. I've always liked players with odd cue actions though, Joe Swail, Jamie Cope etc... Just shows there's more than one way to skin a cat.
                      Yep - me too, I got bored with golf because I felt in the main I was watching a factory conveyer belt of same swing Pro's being turned out by the "top coaches" . Snooker is in danger of going the same way in the era that is upon us. Loved watching Zhao Xintong last week, hope no one spoils his pure talent too much.
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                        I noticed some years ago Liang had very exaggerated movements of the head/neck and back leg to settle into his shot position but he seems to have calmed down recently to only a slight movement. At the time I thought he would do himself an injury if he carried on like he did

Comment

I noticed some years ago Liang had very exaggerated movements of the head/neck and back leg to settle into his shot position but he seems to have calmed down recently to only a slight movement. At the time I thought he would do himself an injury if he carried on like he did
                          Lol , yes indeed, the way he turns his neck in to position his head for the strike scares me. If I did that I would suffer a spasm! 😜
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Hello you lovely bunch

If I did his previous neck movement I'd have to book a visit to my osteopath

Years ago I used to "flick" my knee back to straighten the back leg and started getting an aching knee joint so forced myself to stop that and not had any problems since

Comment

If I did his previous neck movement I'd have to book a visit to my osteopath

Years ago I used to "flick" my knee back to straighten the back leg and started getting an aching knee joint so forced myself to stop that and not had any problems since
                              Dean - we must be getting older eh? Nothing hurt when I was 21! 😀 At 49 now, returning to snooker this year after a 20 yr lay off ( don't ask why I can't explain even to myself) my challenge to myself is one last ton before I pop my clogs ! Did it first at 19 had a 95 again at 26 after another layoff , realise fully it a big ask but remember my old tutor could make tons in his sixtys and said I was as good as him at the age. Got to have a goal eh! 😎
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Hello you lovely bunch

I'm now the big 5 0!
                                And try not to make sound as if sit down and when I get up from a chair!
                                Welcome back to the "mother game"
                                Hope you hit your goal :biggrin:
                                When you do let us know.

Comment

Working...
                                X