Alrocco.snooker secrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Derek P View Post
    Would pretty much agree with this video you can see the 4-5 shots he uses a trace of side during that break you can watch it ping off the cushion at a different angle than it came on the rest of the time he's just playing stroke, stun & screw shots and moving the white 6-12 inches cos that's what has the highest percentage chance of making big breaks like that so consistently as he does.

He's either at the wind up when he's saying all players use side or just talking his general line of rubbish that he does anyway but I don't see where the side is on his white through 90% of that break or any other ton he puts in nor could you define a reason for it when he's not using a cushion but no doubt the guys that play full ball follow through shots with a trace of reverse banana side just to make the potting angle that little bit easier will have something to say about how all the pro's adjust pots with side and that's how us mere mortals don't play like them heaven forbid they spent hours upon hours practicing their basics of cue delivery and technique that would just be too simple.
    You will not understand it as you haven't reached a certain level. You have the whole white to use and you use it depending on the need and your style.

Comment

Originally Posted by sealer View Post
      You will not understand it as you haven't reached a certain level. You have the whole white to use and you use it depending on the need and your style.
      Anyone got any popcorn?

Comment

The waters are well baited now. Just watching the float waiting for it to dip. I feel a big splash from a fish coming at any moment
        βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

Hi Matthias, I agree that Steve Davis spent many hours curing up and down the spots, I have watched him do it.The reason being was not to strike with centre or side, but for practice of cueing in a straight line. It is very easy to cue up and down the spots after the first shot, once you have adjusted any average cueman can do this quite easily, but in a game you do not get two goes. As for the concept of 99.9% of coaches speaking of striking centre ball is the foundation of the game I agree, but what I am saying is that YOU CAN NOT strike cue ball with any consistency so it is better to strike just off centre. As for Ronnie: Because he uses side on almost every shot, that is why he is THE GREATEST. Try this Matthias, place cue ball about a foot in line with a quarter ball shot, object ball going from left to right, line up your centre to your centre of object ball, address as usual but on striking strike about 6.30 on cue ball. Let me know result if you would please. All the best Roy of snooker secrets.All the best Roy of snooker secrets.

Comment

Originally Posted by alrocco View Post
            Hi Matthias, I agree that Steve Davis spent many hours curing up and down the spots, I have watched him do it.The reason being was not to strike with centre or side, but for practice of cueing in a straight line. It is very easy to cue up and down the spots after the first shot, once you have adjusted any average cueman can do this quite easily, but in a game you do not get two goes. As for the concept of 99.9% of coaches speaking of striking centre ball is the foundation of the game I agree, but what I am saying is that YOU CAN NOT strike cue ball with any consistency so it is better to strike just off centre. As for Ronnie: Because he uses side on almost every shot, that is why he is THE GREATEST. Try this Matthias, place cue ball about a foot in line with a quarter ball shot, object ball going from left to right, line up your centre to your centre of object ball, address as usual but on striking strike about 6.30 on cue ball. Let me know result if you would please. All the best Roy of snooker secrets.All the best Roy of snooker secrets.
            sorry if I sound daft... or just completely missing the point...
            but how can you strike off centre consistent, its the same as striking centre ball with consistency.
            striking a ball at 6:30 is not with side it's a screwshot, or is the about part the off centre striking?
            what you are saying just try cueing about centre ball, and do not worry about it to much
            Last edited by matthias; 5 December 2017, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
              I think the idea is that you play with side all the time to make yourself comfortable with it. If you aren't comfortable playing with side you'll miss when you need it. I find I play better when I play the right shot, side or no side. It's stupid to pressurise yourself to hit centre ball every shot, won't do your cue action any good.
              I agree.
              It’s like the striker in football who can’t shoot with his weaker foot.
              Why anyone would not want to learn all the shots available to them is totally beyond me.
              Just the thought of playing center ball all the time is quite depressing lol

Comment

I am not saying do not play with side.
                but saying don't play centre ball because you cannot do it consistently just sounds strange to me.

Comment

Originally Posted by sealer View Post
                  obviously I'm not god like enough to understand and I can't be arsed with another lesson from the side guru's so I'm staying out of this one someone else can fight the centre ball corner and the sake of reason will eventually prevail i hope.

The chances are though the dark sider's will all be too busy to reply anyway cos they'll be working out how to pot a straight blue with running side that turns to check to help the potting angle before it reaches the blue, just play it 3 oclock but aim to miss the blue by 3/4 ball and if you hit it at the right pace you'll manage to throw the white back on to the correct path and get the pot.

Hang on tho I don't understand what side does to the white, I'll just go back to playing plain ball good luck fighting the battle whoever else chips in to this nonsense talk

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                    The waters are well baited now. Just watching the float waiting for it to dip. I feel a big splash from a fish coming at any moment
                    contemplating if I should strike now or wait a bit
                    Easy on the garlic....

Comment

nah......... best to leave it me thinks, don't like people calling me names boo hoo......
                      Easy on the garlic....

Comment

I have to back up Derek P here, if only for the sake of his sanity. Steve Davis cued a white up and down the spots exactly in order to find the centre of the white consistently. Playing every shot with side is ridiculous and anyone who advocates doing it should be politely ignored imo.
                        I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Originally Posted by magicman View Post
                          I have to back up Derek P here, if only for the sake of his sanity. Steve Davis cued a white up and down the spots exactly in order to find the centre of the white consistently. Playing every shot with side is ridiculous and anyone who advocates doing it should be politely ignored imo.
                          Cheer's mate I'm glad to see there is a few of us that aren't as politely as I can put it 'out their nut' when it comes to side and centre ball debate.
                          If you need side on more than 2 shots in a 50 break you need to work on your cue ball control, especially on todays tables it's all soft stun and screw watch Ding, Ronnie, Higgins, Hendry count how many times ronnie uses the cushion in a hundred break and that's maybe the times he's using a trace of side to get his white where he wants it. Anything else is for recovery shots or continuation shots, the break off shot certain safetys or certain times you might want to check the white or run the white on a line. The blue in and out of baulk a few ways to play that with running or check, the blue to pink when your too high is another classic running or check side shot, reverse side off the black when you need to get up the table is another one you'll use alot to get position off a straight black.

Rest of times just play plain old centre ball which means top, stun, or screw can open the path of the white on at least 10 different trajectories depending how hard you punch the stun or how low/high you hit the cue ball. Anyone who says any different is off their nut living in some reverse side induced fantasy land.

Comment

Originally Posted by Drac View Post
                            contemplating if I should strike now or wait a bit
                            I'm impressed by the patience of this operation. Gotta think of the long game tho.
                            βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

I'm impressed by the patience of this operation. Gotta think of the long game tho.
                              It’s cos there still trying to work out the throw of the cue ball on a straight shot haha

Give them some time they’ll come up with something shorty I’m sure

Comment

You stick to your centre ball striking mate............:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sle eping::sleeping:

Comment

Working...
                                X