No announcement yet.

Alrocco.snooker secrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m just messing with you’s whatever way you want to hit the ball is your own bag, enjoy the game though that’s the main thing we all play it differently.

Comment

Originally Posted by Derek P View Post
      Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
      I'm impressed by the patience of this operation. Gotta think of the long game tho.
      It’s cos there still trying to work out the throw of the cue ball on a straight shot haha

Give them some time they’ll come up with something shorty I’m sure
      Lol. Thanks Del. Do you mind not calling me shorty though please I've got a complex about my height?
      βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

side spin.jpg

Holy reverse side batman, not more evidence that using side to pot balls doesn't work consistently.
        How can these plain ball Jim's be potting all the easy balls?

Now we even see that top coach Nic Barrow has spent 20 grand trying to work out something that the internet side god's claim as some higher level of snooker play is actually a lot of confusion and misdirection about how good snooker should be played.
        Surely not it can't be this simple batman, holy centre ball striking robin it is!!!

Quick to the check side mobile, maybe if we drive on a straight road with enough side throw from keeping the steering wheel on full lock we'll be able to outrun them by finding ourselves in a ditch cos everyone knows the most economical and correct way between 2 points is a straight line but **** it Robin we'll just drive up the road sideways they'll never expect that just like no one expects us to pot easy balls with all our side on the cue ball.

Dinner dinner dinner dinner Sideman!!!!!!!!!
        Pow Kazaaam

Comment

All players pot balls there way, all I am saying is potting with side makes it easier, simpler because as I have said many times once you realise you are putting unintentional side on cue ball, you will become a better player. Of course many of you still believe that you strike centre ball. All I can say is , you have a lot to learn, given time you will realise. All the best Roy of Snooker Secrets.

Comment

Originally Posted by alrocco View Post
            All players pot balls there way, all I am saying is potting with side makes it easier, simpler because as I have said many times once you realise you are putting unintentional side on cue ball, you will become a better player. Of course many of you still believe that you strike centre ball. All I can say is , you have a lot to learn, given time you will realise. All the best Roy of Snooker Secrets.
            potting with side doesn't make it easier. You're wrong and very much deluded. Having been involved in snooker for 74 years it appears you don't know as much as you think you do.
            "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

interesting old school approach if im understanding you right, though i find that navigating system very much like skating with blunt blades. for me funding the core of the white was key to develop my all around play with consistency, the respect for side and angles, as well as adapting to varying playing conditions.

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                interesting old school approach if im understanding you right, though i find that navigating system very much like skating with blunt blades. for me funding the core of the white was key to develop my all around play with consistency, the respect for side and angles, as well as adapting to varying playing conditions.
                I have to agree with this sentiment. If a player is attempting to hit centre-ball and as 'alrocco' says it's impossible then it also has to be impossible to strike accurately with side. The one thing not taken into account is there's room for some error as balls are 2-1/16" and pockets are 3-8/16" so almost 1.5" arror on an open pocket still pots the ball.

My take on it is don't use side when it's not necessary and even if you feel you are getting some unintentional side you will still be inside the error limits. I would challenge alrocco to place 2 balls over the middle pocket which are 2-1/8" apart and try and pot a 1/2-ball blue into that pocket without touching the reds. If alrocco's method is so great then why not make the pockets 2-1/4" or less? We are human beings and some errors are fundamental.
                Terry Davidson
                IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Just a little practice shot to try. Place pink on its spot, cue ball on Brown spot. Now play stun shot on pink, please let me know the result after say 5 goes. Ok. Roy of snooker secrets.

Comment

Yes it is an old school approach, you see in my young day there were no coaches, we had to learn for ourselves, but am always willing to learn even at my age, so if you could prove me wrong and you explained your way i would be very grateful. So perhaps you could place red 3 foot from black pocket and cue from the D area dead straight, have 5 shots at potting it, then let me know result. Thanks. Roy of Snooker Secrets.

Comment

Hi Terry, as you know the further you are away from the object ball, and the further the object ball is from the pocket, the bigger the error. I'm afraid you are talking about balls over the hole!!

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                        potting with side doesn't make it easier. You're wrong and very much deluded. Having been involved in snooker for 74 years it appears you don't know as much as you think you do.

Do you not think there is a slight chance you are being trolled here?
                        It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Yes it is an old school approach, you see in my young day there were no coaches, we had to learn for ourselves, but am always willing to learn even at my age, so if you could prove me wrong and you explained your way i would be very grateful. So perhaps you could place red 3 foot from black pocket and cue from the D area dead straight, have 5 shots at potting it, then let me know result. Thanks. Roy of Snooker Secrets.
                          take this is a reply to my post right? if so i wouldnt be interested in proving myself, just sharing. and just to add i grew up playing very capable oap players from the 80-90 era who would lump on the side every other shot. and though they could score t would come with a lot of tutting as loosing the white was inevitable.
                          a long red on the pink line is a shot i have worked on, with try to do a vid at some point.
                          but heres a routine i like, and i only use side a handful of times: https://youtu.be/uIBLNk5NWDY

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                            It is slightly odd that he would name himself after a Chinese Hip Hop star, and not Roy Chisholm.

Comment

That is a great routine and as you say side isn't needed much if done correctly

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                                Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                                It is slightly odd that he would name himself after a Chinese Hip Hop star, and not Roy Chisholm.
                                I've flagged this in a candid way in a few threads - stood out like a sore thumb to me.
                                βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

Working...
                                X