No announcement yet.

Betway 2019 UK Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would love to see Maguire lift this trophy again, but it's gonna be Ding I think.... 10:6
    "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Right, "live on Eurosport, in HD, and for as long as it takes." Until the Bundesliga starts in an hour or so that is. :wink: The nerve of these guys...

Comment

• Ding is looking soooo good! Cmon Maggs!!! We need an epic battle here .
        ​​
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Terrible start for Maguire. The door was open for him in the first two frames, but missing blacks off the spot is inexcusable in a UK final. And of course Ding is just getting stronger and stronger now that he hasn't been put under any pressure.

Time to limit the damage for Maguire now. He already needs to win the remainder of the match 10-5, and a motivated and concentrated Ding Junhui can usually get a better scoreline than that even with his B-game.

Comment

• Yeah, pretty much exactly what I was expecting, I have to say... unless Maguire pulls out a performance like yesterday tonight, I already don't see him coming back. Shame... as usual.
            "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Starting to look a bit better now... welcome to the match, Mr. Maguire
              "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Good job from Maguire to limit the damage and keep himself well in the match. I still think Ding will be the stronger player tonight though, even if it goes close. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

But one thing that is definitely in Ding's favour is his record in major finals. Maguire has won half of his two-session finals in the past, but his record against the very best players he's faced is not great. Ding, on the other hand, has won about two thirds of his big finals, and has a positive record even against the very best players. In fact, I believe he has won 7 of the 10 finals he's played against players ranked in the top4 in the world, and his victims include the likes of Hendry, O'Sullivan, Higgins, Selby, Robertson and Trump. Can't really argue with that, can you? :smile:
                  Sure.

But in the end it just comes down to the "fact" that Ding is overall a better player than Maguire. That's simply the reason why he was my favourite going into the final today. One fine semifinal by Maguire doesn't let me put him ahead of Ding in a final.

Comment

• Thankfully Maguire came back in the end of the first session and kept the match closer.

Comment

• That blue... :numbness:
                      "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Commentators on tv just said that a player is not allowed to ask a referee if a ball (pink in this case) will respot or not.
                        I'm just wondering, is a player allowed to check himself if he has a Ball Position Marker in his pocket?
                        Or would that be a foul?
                        I don't see how it can be a foul as he wouldn't touch any balls.

Comment

• That fluke was borderline illegal... and not even a suggestion of an apology from Stephen
                          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
                            Commentators on tv just said that a player is not allowed to ask a referee if a ball (pink in this case) will respot or not.
                            I'm just wondering, is a player allowed to check himself if he has a Ball Position Marker in his pocket?
                            Or would that be a foul?
                            I don't see how it can be a foul as he wouldn't touch any balls.
                            This is a foul. A player is not allowed to use any objects to measure gaps or distances. There was an incident with O'Sullivan a few seasons back, where he dried to measure it with his chalk and the referee failed to call the foul though. This was quite a story back then, so I'm pretty sure the referees would call it nowadays.

Comment

• It's a cruel game. Maguire really didn't deserve that frame after a fluke like that.
                              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Good stuff from Ding to increase his advantage. He really didn't need too many chance to do that tonight. One final twist in the final interval? It's been known to happen, but I can't see it happening tonight. :smile:

Comment

Working...
                                X