2020 Masters - 1st round discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
    I didn't know why , but I am not feeling the event this year . Maybe I like to see the so called lesser lights of the game up against the elite .

Or is it the absence of Ronnie
    Ronnie who?

Comment

I actually just came into this thread to say how strange the table looks on TV thinking it’s some kind of camera trickery which makes the table appear square... but I’m way behind judging by the earlier comments!!.. it’s wierd though right? Gotta be intentional?

Comment

Yes, no perspective. Would be interested to know what sort of lens gives that effect?

Comment

Deja vu - Michaela Tabb.

Mark asking her to clean the pink afterwards
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
            I get the feeling O'Sullivan doesn't really like Wilson much. :smile:
            That was noticeable more than once in past years, yes.

Comment

Good to hear. :smile: So who is your least favourite player still left in the tournament now? Is it Wilson?
              Got nothing against Wilson as he's not a spoiler just a tad slow, turning down that free ball green was a bit off, but that's the fault of the dumb arse miss rule.
              That loose floorboard is really bugging me, first the player then the ref as he follows him, bump bump
              Ref tackling the wasp was the highlight of the match, brave or stupid? I seem to recall that wasps sting, learned it from my mum when I was a child
              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

don't really know what to make of that match, again Murphy making some simple errors but disappointed by Joe's overall play. To be fair, Shaun seems to be on his way back after a poor couple of seasons. Think the Captain may sneak past John tonight.

Comment

Originally Posted by barrysnookerfan1985 View Post
                  don't really know what to make of that match, again Murphy making some simple errors but disappointed by Joe's overall play. To be fair, Shaun seems to be on his way back after a poor couple of seasons. Think the Captain may sneak past John tonight.
                  I hope not.
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

I hope not.
                    Me too but just got this feeling about Carter for some reason

Comment

I understand that Barry Hearn wants to increase sales of ticket prices and the introduction of the luxury couch seating with table service is a nice idea. The only problem with it is it's practically right at the back of the arena which in from my experience is way too far away to feel up close to the action. I'd rather get tickets on the rows parallel to the blue spot, a better view of whole table.

Comment

they also have huge screens as well, not just those small(ish) screens on the lighting gantries they usually have, so these may help those further back - couches and the p***-up bar - er sorry Century-bar
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Good to hear. :smile: So who is your least favourite player still left in the tournament now? Is it Wilson?
                          I know you wasn’t asking me but he’s certainly my least favourite in most tournaments. I get the impression he thinks he’s better than he is, and I’ll never forget the cockiness of the reply he gave to Hazel after a tournament win some time ago when he said something like, “Look, I’m a Wilson, and the Wilsons are hard.”

Or summat like that. I remember it made me want to throw my mug of coffee at the tv anyway.
                          Last edited by Billy; 16 January 2020, 07:25 PM.
                          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Why does....... Steve Davis.......... find it so.......... difficult to.......... string words together to............. form a......sentence?

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                              I know you wasn’t asking me but he’s certainly my least favourite in most tournaments. I get the impression he thinks he’s better than he is, and I’ll never forget the cockiness of the reply he gave to Hazel after a tournament win some time ago when he said something like, “Look, I’m a Wilson, and the Wilsons are hard.”

Or summat like that. I remember it made me want to throw my mug of coffee at the tv anyway.
                              Of all the players in their 20s, I think Wilson is the most likely to have Selby-type success over the next decade, and it's my feeling he won't end up being all that popular. :smile: You must be remembering wrong though, because he has never won any tournament covered by the BBC.

Comment

You must be remembering wrong though, because he has never won any tournament covered by the BBC.
                                Oh, it might have been that Jill lass on ITV then.

Comment

Working...
                                X