No announcement yet.

2020 Masters - QF discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dessies got a job and a half here to put these balls back, time to put the kettle on folks!!
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

quickly done
      and I think David was going for the pot
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Gilbert for this year's World Championships at 40-1 isn't the worst bet in the world. With O'Sullivan's issues with The Worlds last few years and the Crucible Curse ruling Trump out, it could be a very profitable time to be running into the best form of your life

Comment

After that interview on the BBC just now, Dave Gilbert is 100% my new favourite person and player! Great guy, and as we heard has worked really hard to get his game where it is now.

Would love to see him win it now after that great performance.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
            Why are people posting about the current position of this tournament in the QF thread?

Mind you, you could argue posting in the 1st round thread makes no sense either.
            Being that these are QF matches, poating in the QF thread didn't seem all that unreasonable:encouragement:

Comment

Originally Posted by trying View Post

Being that these are QF matches, poating in the QF thread didn't seem all that unreasonable:encouragement:
              You know what I'm a dick! I thought QF meant qualifying.

I'll get me coat.
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

For such a one-sided scoreline, I thought the afternoon match was quite an eventful one. But I'm still hoping at least one QF match goes close. :smile:

Comment

Not had the chance to catch much of the Masters so far this year, but I have the weekend off so hoping for some good matches

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    I missed the last part of the session, which frames was this?

EDIT - ah yes, when Carter missed the yellow, Dessie should have stood her ground on that one.
                    It was bizarre for the ref to call a foul and then change her mind because of what a player says without even consulting with the assistant referee and seeing if there was video footage to help confirm if there was a foul. John Higgins looked bemused but didn't object. I don't doubt Ali being genuine and think Snooker players are generally an honest bunch when it comes down to declaring fouls because of the whole karma thing but the ref didn't show authority with the backtracking.
                    www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post

He also totally lost his consistency, which used to be one of his biggest strengths. Could play many frames or even matches on a consistenly high level. But since one or one-and-a-half year you never know what you get from Higgins for the next day, the next frame or sometimes even the next shot.
                      I became a fan because of his potting machine consistency and how he could change his game to defensive and play a psychological game against his opponent. He's a very different player now and it can be sad to see at times because of what a devastating player he once was.
                      www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post

It was bizarre for the ref to call a foul and then change her mind because of what a player says without even consulting with the assistant referee and seeing if there was video footage to help confirm if there was a foul.
                        Unless a VAR system was officially in place, I'm not even sure video footage is allowed, to determine whether or not a foul has been committed.

"Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Really not convinced with Kyrens shot selection tonight, too many wrong choices in my opinion.
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                            Really not convinced with Kyrens shot selection tonight, too many wrong choices in my opinion.
                            not just tonight but a characteristic of his game in general I have noticed, but he tends to pot his way out of trouble more than not

at least he had a shave
                            Last edited by DeanH; 18 January 2020, 12:05 AM.
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Stuart's not my favourite player to watch, but I'm praying he puts this match to bed just so I don't have to watch Wilson's stupid shuffling and cue masturbation over the weekend!

Comment

Stu, I love you!

Comment

Working...
                                X