No announcement yet.

2020 Masters - QF discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difficult to pick an overall winner from this bunch but I'd have to go with Bingham I think...

Comment

I could have got my wallet between the white and the yellow ! ……...no idea what Carter was playing at . The Ref made the right call......and then made the wrong call !!!
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
        Higgins doesn't play the percentages like he used to and throws away frames on the gamble of one shot. That brown was the prime example of a shot he should have knocked safe but instead he goes for the pot, misses and loses the frame. He doesn't seem to batten down the hatches and grind out winning frames like he used to.
        He also totally lost his consistency, which used to be one of his biggest strengths. Could play many frames or even matches on a consistenly high level. But since one or one-and-a-half year you never know what you get from Higgins for the next day, the next frame or sometimes even the next shot.

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
          I could have got my wallet between the white and the yellow ! ……...no idea what Carter was playing at . The Ref made the right call......and then made the wrong call !!!
          So blatant. Seems to have been very poorly handled by the referee. Also seems odd given that just a month ago WPBSA made that statement about the Mark Allen incident including reference to the marker assisting and ref and reviewing evidence if necessary.

I never had much time for Carter but this incident and his general stroppy angry demeanor as the match developed has sent him way down in my estimation.
          Last edited by trying; 17 January 2020, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
            Am i the only one that wants to give Carter a slap? Angry little runt.
            + 1

Anyone who plays snooker, especially professionally, and feels hard done by when things dont go their way, needs to find another occupation. His attitude has cost him more matches/Titles than it has won him.
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
              What a joke and John Virgo is right to make a big deal about it. The ref calls a foul, the player objects even though the video footage proves it's a foul and the ref retracts the call of a foul. Those points could make a big difference in the frame and match so poor call from the ref.
              I missed the last part of the session, which frames was this?

EDIT - ah yes, when Carter missed the yellow, Dessie should have stood her ground on that one.

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
              the gap was that big was it?
              same or different situation as above?
              Last edited by DeanH; 17 January 2020, 10:31 AM.
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

To be honest the ref shouldn't be standing behind the player, she was twenty feet away and not in a position to be absolutely certain so retracted her call respecting the honesty we all expect from pro snooker players.
                This type of refereeing has to stop, not only is it a distraction to the player at the table to have the ref constantly walking around from behind them but they are never in the right position to make certain calls.

Carter has an attitude problem no doubt, but an aggressive player makes for good viewing and I'll take him over Mr. Nice Guy any day. You all know who I'm talking about, nice when he loses, nice when he wins, nice, nice, nice , nice all the bloody time; it ain't human. :nightmare:
                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                  What thread should we post in? :smile:
                  I don't know, but the minority of us are posting in the 1st round thread. Not having a proper place just means people miss posts because of all the toing and froing.

"Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Nice 144 start for what I suppose would have made a great final, too...

If Dave Gilbert keeps playing like this, I don't see why he shouldn't become a rightfully deserved winner of this whole thing
                    "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Well worth ?15000 that break , made the game look very easy .

It's a shame that they have drawn each other . Would like either of them to win it .

Anyone but Carter please !!!
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                        To be honest the ref shouldn't be standing behind the player, she was twenty feet away and not in a position to be absolutely certain so retracted her call respecting the honesty we all expect from pro snooker players.
                        This type of refereeing has to stop, not only is it a distraction to the player at the table to have the ref constantly walking around from behind them but they are never in the right position to make certain calls.

Carter has an attitude problem no doubt, but an aggressive player makes for good viewing and I'll take him over Mr. Nice Guy any day. You all know who I'm talking about, nice when he loses, nice when he wins, nice, nice, nice , nice all the bloody time; it ain't human. :nightmare:
                        where should she stand in this situation?
                        I think the players are used to the referees movements and mostly ignore it; only a few prema-donnas bring it to attention :wink:
                        I think she saw exactly what happened and called it correctly, BUT what really gets me is why did she retract so quickly and without any checking?

some people are just.... nice

Comment

[QUOTE=

It's a shame that they have drawn each other . Would like either of them to win it .

[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%, two great talents well worthy of a Masters title - pity that one will have to lose.
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Yeah... I'm with you there. David or Stephen, please.
                            "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
                              Nice 144 start for what I suppose would have made a great final, too...

If Dave Gilbert keeps playing like this, I don't see why he shouldn't become a rightfully deserved winner of this whole thing
                              agreed
                              but when I mention support for a player - they lose

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

agreed
                                but when I mention support for a player - they lose
                                ...yeah, I know that feeling. It's pretty comon by the way
                                "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Working...
                                X