2020 Masters - Final discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
    Have my traditional 4 cans of Guinness in the fridge ready for tonight and hoping it's a memorable one. It's about time the 1985 world championship final black had something to rival it. Not starting work until lunchtime tomorrow so a late finish will suit me and have a few cans of lager in reserve. They have both been edgy this week and shown their nerves but of the two I think Ali could hold it together better if the scoreline remains close. Would love to see Ali lift the trophy but Bingham is also a sound bloke so can't choose a favourite to win.

That's the spirit. Cheers
    "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Oh, how I loath contrived standing ovations! They're embarrassing!
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

very disappointing from Stuart so far tonight, poor standard overall

Comment

All set up for the usual deciding frame .......remarkable how often it happens
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
            All set up for the usual deciding frame .......remarkable how often it happens
            Yes... I mean it's only been a decade since we last had a decider at the Masters
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Sorry , what I should have said was , Going back a few years , I used to back a final frame decider . It happened about 5 times in 9 years .

i remember one was 8-7 , thought I had no chance as the leading player was on a break and then missed an absolute sitter . Went to a final frame decider .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Well... quite a session from Ali. Might as well be his big night tonight.
                Fun to watch, too.
                "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Stephen Hendry gets a real kick out of talking about being 'ruthless', doesn't he? Every opportunity he gets, he says things like 'You've got to kick 'em while they're down' and 'When you've got your foot on their neck, never let it up...'

Comment

That cue of bingham's with the inlays is incredibly fugly. I know it was made by mcdermott cues via cue creator (before they spun it off to an australian firm) so that explains the inlays, just looks so out of place.

Comment

The pattern clear show he twists the cue a little bit as he cues.
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

The red up by the green will be tricky

oh poop, took the blue

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                          That cue of bingham's with the inlays is incredibly fugly. I know it was made by mcdermott cues via cue creator (before they spun it off to an australian firm) so that explains the inlays, just looks so out of place.
                          Somehow it suits him though... ; )

Carter’s cue is pretty, any ideas what it is ?
                          Last edited by Cue crafty; 19 January 2020, 10:14 PM.
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

9-8 getting tense now!
                            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Somehow it suits him though... ; )

Carter’s cue is pretty, any ideas what it is ?
                              It is a JP ultimate with a burr walnut front splice.
                              I have the number somewhere.

Comment

Believe it or not I can't keep my eyes open. Not that's it's dull, just knackered and I'm going to have to record the rest.

Night folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X