No announcement yet.

2020 Masters - Final discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to Mr Bingham. I did wonder if he would struggle as the match went on, he seemed so tired after the semi.

Comment

It's crazy how when all is said and done, Bingham's accomplishments could be top 10 in the open era!

Comment

Well done Ali Carter for grabbing the opportunity and going all the way and giving us an exciting final.
        supern Stuart Bingham for sticking in there and pulling past his friend. Only the UK now to get the iron on badge
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Cater wins 100k, and looks like someone just took a dump in his corn flakes.

Comment

many congratulations to Stuart, thought it was over before the interval, credit to Ali for giving us an exciting final

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
              Cater wins 100k, and looks like someone just took a dump in his corn flakes.
              I feel he is learning though Narl, without this new influence I'm sure the Vesuvius in his cranium would have erupted much earlier. :bull_head:
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by barrysnookerfan1985 View Post
                many congratulations to Stuart, thought it was over before the interval, credit to Ali for giving us an exciting final
                Sport throws us many emotive positions, glad you found positive enjoyment from this excellent final tonight. :encouragement:
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  Well done Ali Carter for grabbing the opportunity and going all the way and giving us an exciting final.
                  supern Stuart Bingham for sticking in there and pulling past his friend. Only the UK now to get the iron on badge
                  Anyone on this planet, who has ever picked up a cue and tried this game would know what an amazing performance it was to pull off all those shots and make that century to win tonight.

Well ll done Stu! I look forward to popping down Rayleigh lanes and buying you a pint! ( I'll have to drag him off the fruit machines first of course! ) :snooker:
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Well, my wish was for the final to be the highlight of the week, and I think it's fair to say it genuinely was. The final session in particular had a very high standard of play, with several big breaks from both players, and that finish from Bingham after going 7-5 down was just superb. I've said a few times that he has played some great snooker on TV this season, but somehow it didn't really amount to much prior to this week. The form was obviously there though, so it was nice to see it finally come through on the big stage. And the same for Carter I suppose. :smile:

All in all, it wasn't really a great week in terms of excitement. Only one 6-5 and two 6-4 results all week, which could very well mean this Masters had the fewest close matches since going to the best-of-11 format, but I can't be bothered to check and confirm that. :smile: It was still enjoyable for the most part though.

Looking forward to the European Masters now. The qualifiers have filtered out quite a few of the top players already, and there is a really huge presence of Chinese and other international players, so it could be quite an interesting week. :smile:

Comment

Enjoyable final and I can understand why Bingham was so emotional because he's being rewarded for all the decades of grafting and if it was me and my family and parents were there I would get choked up. Carter had a face like thunder but I can understand how devastated the runner up is always going to be. He didn't seem to say anything to Stuart during the post match handshake. Not even a "well played".
                      www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Do you think that Carter needs to improve his break off ? Seemed to leave a long pot on . Admittedly difficult pots , but Stuart potted them .
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Winner winner chicken for dinner. Well done Bingham.
                          ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                          "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                            Carter had a face like thunder but I can understand how devastated the runner up is always going to be. He didn't seem to say anything to Stuart during the post match handshake. Not even a "well played".
                            I noticed this as well. Usually the runner-up always has some nice words for the winner and vice-versa. But yeah, Ali was surely disappointed that a big title eluded him again in maybe his last and best chance. When he thinks about it in the future he will still find he had a good week though. Cause in the end he came runner-up in an event he actually had no business to play at all, getting only into the draw due to O'Sullivan's withdrawal.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
                              It's crazy how when all is said and done, Bingham's accomplishments could be top 10 in the open era!
                              I just thought after this win where I would rank Stuart. Kudos to him for topping all my expectations I would have had just 6,7 years ago. But for Top 10 open era he would have still a lot more to do. Granted he has the biggest title of them all to his name, but still if you take every player, who has become World Champion in the crucible he still has one of the lowest resumes overall. And while the World Championship is certainly the most prestigious award I would still take the one or other player ahead of Bingham, who hasn't won this one - Jimmy White and Ding Junhui at least.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post

I just thought after this win where I would rank Stuart. Kudos to him for topping all my expectations I would have had just 6,7 years ago. But for Top 10 open era he would have still a lot more to do. Granted he has the biggest title of them all to his name, but still if you take every player, who has become World Champion in the crucible he still has one of the lowest resumes overall. And while the World Championship is certainly the most prestigious award I would still take the one or other player ahead of Bingham, who hasn't won this one - Jimmy White and Ding Junhui at least.
                                Sometimes I also wonder if we shouldn?t look at preHearn and the Hearn era. There are more titles to win thes days, which have resulted in expecting at least 4 or 5 titles a year to the most dominant players and it has also changed the numbers of centuries made pr. year. Anyway I agree that Jimmy White and Ding stands above Bingham.
                                ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                                "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Working...
                                X