2020 Snooker Shoot Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
    Slightly...…. could be an understatement Tom , given the amount of times that he repeated himself !
    haha Neil he beat me in an exhibition, he was drinking shorts and lots of them. One of those nights I look back on and think why did I drink too i'd have had him!
    "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Can't be the only one who's said this, but I'm having to watch this on mute. I learnt to accept the crowd for what it is at first, but the noise has now become a parody of itself. They just make noise for the sake of it, because it's expected. It's like in South American countries when they employ professional mourners for funerals... the Shoot-out has professional arse'oles instead.

And it's no wonder ES snapped this up... a full 3 minute ad-break after every game! It's like printing money!!
      Last edited by Billy; 21 February 2020, 04:32 PM.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Just seen a re-run of the Holt / Amiri game. Amiri, poor lad. He clearly hadn't had the rules explained to him, had he?
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

I was talking to him and Alexander Ursenbacher on Wednesday night and got them to look up the rules on World Snooker and I mentioned that a ball needs to hit a cushion . But I assume that Amiri’s understanding of English is not too good .
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Mmm. I'm sure he won't have felt it, but O'Sullivan fouled the black with his cue just then, when bridging over it to pot the pink in the middle.
            Last edited by Billy; 21 February 2020, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Ronnie just fouled when he was cueing over the black and the ref never seen it ! blatent foul by ronnie...
              Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

The ref had just told Ronnie to stop and then let him carry on and maybe he was in a hurry and the crowd misbehaving all contributed to him not feeling the slightest touch on the black?

Comment

Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
                  The ref had just told Ronnie to stop and then let him carry on and maybe he was in a hurry and the crowd misbehaving all contributed to him not feeling the slightest touch on the black?
                  No, the foul came before that. But it was, like you say, the slightest of a brush with his cue as it slid over the black. The ball rocked on its spot, barely noticeable to the naked eye. It's no wonder O'Sullivan didn't feel it or the ref spot it. They don't have the advantage of the TV camera close-ups, remember.

Comment

One member of the audience wearing a plastic donkey's head , the rest are just donkeys , the same stupid yellllowwww cant flogged to death

Comment

Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
                      Ref said “Ronnie stop......what happened”. It looked like the marker was pointing out the possible foul to the ref. Ronnie didn’t stop and carried on playing. I’m guessing that the ref just decided that as she hadn’t seen the incident there was nothing much she could do about it. Difficult to ref in such conditions.
                      PS. I think the black did move but it’s difficult to see. Can’t blame the ref.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

Ref said “Ronnie stop......what happened”. It looked like the marker was pointing out the possible foul to the ref. Ronnie didn’t stop and carried on playing. I’m guessing that the ref just decided that as she hadn’t seen the incident there was nothing much she could do about it. Difficult to ref in such conditions.
                        PS. I think the black did move but it’s difficult to see. Can’t blame the ref.
                        I didn't notice the foul last night, but watching it again today it clearly moved allbeit very slightly. In that raucous environment I'm not really surprised it went unnoticed, I mean look what happened to poor Amiri made the same mistake twice!
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Ronnie's had a few occasions now when he 'hasn't noticed' a foul

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                            Ronnie's had a few occasions now when he 'hasn't noticed' a foul
                            Look, I'm not one of these Ronnie fans, but consider a few things: He's won everything there is to win in the game. He has more money than he probably knows what to do with. He's been number one in the world and undoubtedly still would be if he played in as many tournaments as the others... why on earth would he need or want to cheat? Especially for a joke of a tournament like this.

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                              He's been number one in the world and undoubtedly still would be if he played in as many tournaments as the others...
                              I don't disagree with your point, but this bit is a little unrealistic. He is 700k points behind Trump at the moment, so even if he entered every single tournament he skipped this season and won them all, he would still come some way short of 700k points. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

I don't disagree with your point, but this bit is a little unrealistic. He is 700k points behind Trump at the moment, so even if he entered every single tournament he skipped this season and won them all, he would still come some way short of 700k points. :smile:
                                This season, maybe. But how long has he been picking and choosing now? At least four/five seasons.

Anyway, you may be right, but my point still stands; he has no reason / need to cheat.

Comment

Working...
                                X