No announcement yet.

Cancellation/ Closed Doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think when it does go ahead, Trump has a fantastic chance of being the first to successfully defead his 1st title. It all depends how match sharp everyone is really. At least he has inadvertently created his own record of being the longest world champ at the Crucible without having to defend his title! I don't know why but I have a sneaky feelng inside me Selby may win. Whatever happens, its going to be very strange.
    Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      just to confirm, where to watch:

ITV4 in the UK
      Eurosport in Europe
      FOXSportsAUS in Australia
      Sky Sports in New Zealand

and
      MatchroomLive via Youtube
      https://wst.tv/matchroom-live-to-bro...onship-league/
      I'm not in the UK but i'll still watch ITV4 if you allow it
      I'm gratefull that Eurosport broadcasts so much snooker, specially now, but if there is an alternative i rather watch that, the every 15 minutes commercial breaks with the same tunes and clips over and over again really bother me, most of the time i mute them cause i can't stand it.

Comment

not sure of ITV is allowed in other places or if you can find it on some-dodgy pirate channel

You can always sign up for free to the matchroom channel
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I wonder if being behind closed doors will play to the advantage of players with more questionable temperaments. Perhaps Maguire will keep his cool better, or Lisowski will play as well at the end of a tournament as at the beginning? Or do you think its entirely about the situation, and it's not down to the crowds?

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            not sure of ITV is allowed in other places or if you can find it on some-dodgy pirate channel

You can always sign up for free to the matchroom channel
            No need to do anything dodgy, my self built baby and invented setup can handle all channels from astra 1,2,3 and hotbird satellites.
            All channels for 4 recievers (or 2 dual tuner recievers) individually.
            This means i have all bbc, itv, channel 4,5, Film 4, 5*, 5usa and many other channels available.

This setup has given me so much fun and freedom.
            Also have wales, scottish and irish channels... and that is just astra 2 only.
            20120527_093725.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post

No need to do anything dodgy, my self built baby and invented setup can handle all channels from astra 1,2,3 and hotbird satellites.
              All channels for 4 recievers (or 2 dual tuner recievers) individually.
              This means i have all bbc, itv, channel 4,5, Film 4, 5*, 5usa and many other channels available.

This setup has given me so much fun and freedom.
              Also have wales, scottish and irish channels... and that is just astra 2 only.
              20120527_093725.jpg
              I have conventional dual receiver box hooked to sky dish , what mods did you add to get the extra channels? Using astra also. , Box is Tiviar
              alpha +

Comment

I like the blue lighting instead of empty chairs. Here we go!!! :snooker:
                Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy, Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by balkend View Post

I have conventional dual receiver box hooked to sky dish , what mods did you add to get the extra channels? Using astra also. , Box is Tiviar
                  alpha +
                  Well those are 4 lnb's with each 4 outputs, 4 diseqc switches which output goes to the 4 tuners.
                  Each lnb output goes to a diseqc switch, like output 1 of each lnb goes to input 1 on each diseqc switch, output 2 to input 2 on each switch etc.
                  This way each tuner has access to each lnb, no need for a motor to turn it.

Comment

https://wst.tv/eis-sheffield-to-host...-championship/

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

The qualifying rounds of the Betfred World Championship will take place from 2️⃣1️⃣ to 2️⃣8️⃣ July at the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield.

Comment

• Moved my tickets to next year's tournament, hopefully the world will be round again by then...

Comment

• Originally Posted by 147Jim View Post
                        Moved my tickets to next year's tournament, hopefully the world will be round again by then...
                        Hope so. Also, hope that the Indian open is back next year. It's the only Pro tourney I can visit locally.
                        Last edited by fkhan; 16 July 2020, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• seeing reports that the government have given the ok for The Crucible to trail with an audience for the World Championships!
                          https://www.gov.uk/government/news/p...October%202020
                          "The events have been carefully selected to represent a range of sports and indoor and outdoor spectator environments. They are expected to include two men’s county cricket friendly matches – such as Surrey v Middlesex at The Oval on 26-27 July – the World Snooker Championship at Sheffield’s Crucible Theatre from 31 July, and the Glorious Goodwood horse racing festival on 1 August. There are also likely to be further pilot events for other sports, in order to build up to and prepare for the full, socially distanced return of sporting events from 1 October 2020."

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            seeing reports that the government have given the ok for The Crucible to trail with an audience for the World Championships!
                            https://www.gov.uk/government/news/p...October%202020
                            "The events have been carefully selected to represent a range of sports and indoor and outdoor spectator environments. They are expected to include two men’s county cricket friendly matches – such as Surrey v Middlesex at The Oval on 26-27 July – the World Snooker Championship at Sheffield’s Crucible Theatre from 31 July, and the Glorious Goodwood horse racing festival on 1 August. There are also likely to be further pilot events for other sports, in order to build up to and prepare for the full, socially distanced return of sporting events from 1 October 2020."
                            We decided not to try for seats this year and moved them to 2021, one of my mates has diabetes and is a little on the large side. It'll be great to have the crowd on telly though, can't wait.:snooker:

Comment

• I see Ronnie has said he's not happy to play if there is a crowd

Comment

• quote 1 - "I'll go mad in the isolation in the hotel"
                                quote 2 - "I like it, it works so well"
                                quote 3 - "Crucible will be wrong without an audience I don't think I can play like that"
                                quote 4 - "not sure about an audience at the Crucible"

Comment

Working...
                                X