Qualifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nerve jangler:culpability:
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• I'm sure Wenbo would be jumping if he wins this today.

not quite. Maybe due to zero audience.
      Last edited by fkhan; 27 July 2020, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post
        here's the stream of o'brien v wenbo in case you want to watch it

http://zb.zb001.com/zbtv.php?id=10042
        Many thanks Trains for the stream , much appreciated . Fergal must be gutted , going out 10-9 . So near yet so far, but that's snooker

Comment

• Originally Posted by balkend View Post

Many thanks Trains for the stream , much appreciated . Fergal must be gutted , going out 10-9 . So near yet so far, but that's snooker
          yes but tbh i'm glad wenbo won , imo he his ceiling is higher than o'briens so he's a more interesting qualifier , just my opinion though .

Comment

yes but tbh i'm glad wenbo won , imo he his ceiling is higher than o'briens so he's a more interesting qualifier , just my opinion though .
            Wembo is a more exciting player for definite but O Brien is a local lad living not too far from me , support your local sheriff !!

Comment

• Would have liked to see Fergal progress as this could be another underdog year. Is the prize structure the same even though revenue from ticket sales will be badly hit? A tournament with just the officials and camera crew and a first prize of ?500,000 could make some very interesting viewing. I'm going to book the second week of August off work to cram in as many matches as I can and it will be strange if there is no audience but at least it will stop the commentary from wandering off topic and could lead to some 'top draw' snooker as Willie would say. For the players it will feel like they're playing in a private room of a club not the world championship so this lead to a record number of 147s.

I''ll raise a toast to Willie during the final session and remember what a class act he was and impeccable commentator.
              Last edited by MrRottweiler; 28 July 2020, 01:57 AM.
              www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by balkend View Post

Wembo is a more exciting player for definite but O Brien is a local lad living not too far from me , support your local sheriff !!
                fair does , i'm irish descent myself so plenty of affiliation there , i remember a bbc snippet on o'brien years ago where he was interviewed on a beach and there was a gramophone playing next to him , wish they'd repeat it again just to see exactly what was the point behind it , maybe he likes roaring 20's to 40's music i don't know :smile:

Comment

here's the stream of o'brien v wenbo in case you want to watch it

http://zb.zb001.com/zbtv.php?id=10042
                  if you change the last digit to 1 through 8 you get all the tables
                  when you see a picture, press the play
                  do note, the links often drop
                  of you don't see a picture, try another table and go back
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

has there ever been one in the crucible qualifiers or any qualifiers , it always seems to tense and out of place for one , and the prize money isn't the same , although thats changed now i'll have to check
                    4 at the Qualifiers
                    14-Mar-06 Robert Milkins
                    11-Apr-12 Robert Milkins
                    06-Apr-17 Gary Wilson
                    12-Apr-18 Liang Wenbo
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Having survived the Crucible qualifiers and getting to Sheffield must be like winning the Olympic 26 mile running marathon , been handed your gold medal and told "Congratulations, your next marathon starts in 5 minutes, make your way to the starting line." The adrenaline high of surviving must be reignited again for the main campaign. Must be a new feeling of elation though to finally enter the Crucible arena

Comment

• Draws, how to watch:

https://wst.tv/how-to-watch-the-draw/

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

So its not cliff thorburn doing the draw for the 12th time ‘ all the way over from canada ‘ ?

Or are they saving him for the final day mid - session ‘ all the way over from canada ‘ ? :wink:

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                            Would have liked to see Fergal progress as this could be another underdog year. Is the prize structure the same even though revenue from ticket sales will be badly hit? A tournament with just the officials and camera crew and a first prize of ?500,000 could make some very interesting viewing. I'm going to book the second week of August off work to cram in as many matches as I can and it will be strange if there is no audience but at least it will stop the commentary from wandering off topic and could lead to some 'top draw' snooker as Willie would say. For the players it will feel like they're playing in a private room of a club not the world championship so this lead to a record number of 147s.

I''ll raise a toast to Willie during the final session and remember what a class act he was and impeccable commentator.
                            there are tickets available to spectate but they're ?40 plus whereas they were ?25 in recent years. I'm not a huge fan of live snooker spectating so ?40 puts me off but they are limited tickets so the rise is justified.
                            "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

• Nice to see the Sheriff and Angles go through.
                              Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy, Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy :snooker:

Comment

• Gould has changed his glasses to snooker glasses. Must be seeing the balls much better now!

Comment

Working...
                                X