World Grand Prix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    So why don’t Darren Morgan and Mark Williams like each other?
    I think it was something like to do with Jackson Page and Darren M both in the Welsh Amateur for a wildcard place in the Welsh Open a few years back, Mark W wanted Jackson to have a place being an up-and-coming player instead of an old has-been but Darren goes and wins the amateur event and gained the place....
    IIRC
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

ITV showing old matches, 1974 Ray Reardon v John Spencer Norwich Union World Open final; terrible camera positions, cutting off players heads, not showing the ball on at the baulk end, and Clive Everton in the audience
      Audience sitting on the floor it looks like

and what is the curtain for?

Clive rushing out as the pink was potted, probably to get to a telephone to call in his newspaper report

I saw Joe Davis there as well (looking none to pleased
      they said Alex Higgins was there but I did not spot him
      Last edited by DeanH; 5 February 2020, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Alex Higgins was top left , twitching away .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Have they gagged the crowd? Of the few matches I’ve watched, including Murphy v Stevens last night, some decent shots played and just silence! Lol

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
            Have they gagged the crowd? Of the few matches I’ve watched, including Murphy v Stevens last night, some decent shots played and just silence! Lol
            It was pretty awful, wasn’t it? Sometimes I’m struck by how popular and healthy the game seems right now, but then you get this kind of event and you start to wonder.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Cheltenham is only half a hour down the road from me, I was thinking about possibly going on Friday... but I’m not sure now! Maybe I could liven things up a bit with a few ‘C’mon Jimmy’ shoutouts? Lol

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
                Cheltenham is only half a hour down the road from me, I was thinking about possibly going on Friday... but I’m not sure now! Maybe I could liven things up a bit with a few ‘C’mon Jimmy’ shoutouts? Lol
                or a remote whoopie cushion?

Comment

...who's the third guy in that logo they show in between frames btw?

coral-world-grand-prix-snooker-811119850-300x300.jpg
                  Last edited by neuronic; 5 February 2020, 03:17 PM.
                  "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Originally Posted by barrysnookerfan1985
                    that's it for me, had enough, no doubt Bingham will win the decider, just as he won the WC and the Masters...by being lucky. Terrible tournament, rubbish atmosphere. Apart from Ronnie, Robertson and Trump, the standard of snooker right now is dreadful. Don't think I'll go to Cardiff next week now even though I've bought tickets. Really p****d off

:dejection:
                    "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Originally Posted by neuronic View Post

I'm really struggling to see who that is supposed to be. He doesn't look like anyone taking part in this tournament. Ali Carter maybe? :smile:

Comment

what is Williams foot problem?

Comment

Originally Posted by neuronic View Post

I think it is supposed to be Ali Carter.

the reaction I think is when he beat ROS that once after losing to ROS for 20,000 times previously
                          Last edited by DeanH; 5 February 2020, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by plague1973 View Post
                            what is Williams foot problem?
                            gout
                            -crystals in the blood and muscles

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

I'm really struggling to see who that is supposed to be. He doesn't look like anyone taking part in this tournament. Ali Carter maybe? :smile:
                              Carter is - er was - in this tournament, lost to Perry Yesterday

Comment

Originally Posted by barrysnookerfan1985
                                that's it for me, had enough, no doubt Bingham will win the decider, just as he won the WC and the Masters...by being lucky. Terrible tournament, rubbish atmosphere. Apart from Ronnie, Robertson and Trump, the standard of snooker right now is dreadful. Don't think I'll go to Cardiff next week now even though I've bought tickets. Really p****d off
                                Blimey! A pessimist is described as seeing a glass as half empty. You’re more a “Who stole my f!@?ing pint!?” kind of guy.
                                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Working...
                                X