2020 English Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

I see on World Snooker site that Peter has tested positive. He’s been in contact with Oliver so both have to withdraw.
    Oliver Lines wasn't quite consent with his disqualification. He posted this on twitter:
    "I test negative I win my match a day later my dad then tests positive I didn’t spend any time with since Saturday morning his test was Monday afternoonand now I’m out as well!! Fair one"

Comment

Wilson seems vulnerable, Dale has opportunities. The canned applause sounds like the toilet being flushed. Hope no more players or officials test positive. Dreadful

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
        May I know what the fuss was all about in the McLead v Gilberts match? Frame 4, green ball.
        They were arguing about whether it was a free ball or not. Referee had called free ball and Gilbert disagreed.

Comment

They were arguing about whether it was a free ball or not. Referee had called free ball and Gilbert disagreed.
          Thanks. I watched the match from that shot onwards. It clearly had an impact on the game as Gilbert lost.

Comment

Heathcote 3-1 up on Trump and deserves to be so.
            Great to see some young talent coming through and mixing it with the big boys

Comment

Gilbert banged the butt of his cue against the ground prior to the incident. He was leading 2. 1 at that stage. When you lose your temper or composure you generally lose the plot also.

Comment

Originally Posted by balkend View Post
                Gilbert banged the butt of his cue against the ground prior to the incident. He was leading 2. 1 at that stage. When you lose your temper or composure you generally lose the plot also.
                Not sure about that but launching the rest across the room like Jimmy White did is a definite sign

Comment

I think it was the other way round:

Gilbert feathered the cue ball, Foul, slammed his cue on the floor. Referee said there was not free ball and checked with another red when McLeod queried the call.
                  Gilbert was saying there was no free ball, McLeod wanted the free ball. McLeod continued his query.
                  McLeod put Gilbert back in to play.
                  Gilbert was not having a good day, McLeod kicked into top gear and won the match
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

The comment from McLeod to Gilbert ‘ I expect better then that from you’ ( or something similar ) was the catalyst for Gilbert to lose his head as he seemed to that that as McLeod was accusing him of cheating. I think Gilbert had a point to be fair.

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
                      I think the comment from McLeod to Gilbert ‘ I expect better then that from you’ ( or something similar ) was the catalyst for Gilbert to lose his head as he seemed to think McLeod was accusing him of cheating. I think Gilbert had a point to be fair.
                      yes I do not understand McLeod's comment myself, difficult when the whole conversation is not clear, and I do think it was the straw that broke David's back for sure.

Comment

It was a strange comment as it was the refs decision not to award a free ball and not Gilbert’s .
                        Maybe there is some beef between the two players from previously or McLeod was deliberately trying to get into Gilbert’s head which obviously worked.

It’s a pity Covid has put a stop to handshakes at the end of the game as it would have been interesting to see if Gilbert would have given McLeod the cold shoulder

Comment

Alexander Ursenbacher 4-0 against Nigel Bond, nicely played

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

I think it was the other way round:

Gilbert feathered the cue ball, Foul, slammed his cue on the floor. Referee said there was not free ball and checked with another red when McLeod queried the call.
                            Gilbert was saying there was no free ball, McLeod wanted the free ball. McLeod continued his query.
                            McLeod put Gilbert back in to play.
                            Gilbert was not having a good day, McLeod kicked into top gear and won the match
                            Yeah you’re right. Watched it today. Strange situation. I heard Gilbert saying something like “are you saying I’m cheating”. Also Rory called for an opinion from another ref and then asked for the Tournament Director. Bizarre.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post

Oliver Lines wasn't quite consent with his disqualification. He posted this on twitter:
                              "I test negative I win my match a day later my dad then tests positive I didn’t spend any time with since Saturday morning his test was Monday afternoonand now I’m out as well!! Fair one"
                              Ridiculous circumstances. I feel sorry for him.

Comment

Mark Allen out, shocking!

Comment

Working...
                                X