X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

love it

strange match
    as he said in the interview after, maybe it was "stir-crazy" that got in his head?
    noting worse than starring at the same four walls
    I give some credence to that personally, strange times and mentally challenging times. When we sit at home and watch, it feels almost the same for us now with the canned applause etc, but for them it surely must be pretty weird holed up in MK, match after match. Bit like Alcatraz after a while.....

BTW - Milton Keynes was given the name "Suicide City" years back due to its design which never really produced the community feel it was supposed to. If you've ever driven round it, you will rarely see people because of its underground walkway systems. Years since i was working round that neck of the woods so i hope it has changed for the better.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

just on Twitter, ROS has texted Allen to apologies for what happened in their match
      I say, fair dues to him for doing that, but my Mrs is having none of it.

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

BTW - Milton Keynes was given the name "Suicide City" years back due to its design which never really produced the community feel it was supposed to. If you've ever driven round it, you will rarely see people because of its underground walkway systems. Years since i was working round that neck of the woods so i hope it has changed for the better.
        I worked there at Kemble's piano factory for a short while in the mid 80s, totally agree, what a hellhole it was back then.

-
        The fast and the furious,
        The slow and labourious,
        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

just on Twitter, ROS has texted Allen to apologies for what happened in their match
          fair play to him - it is weird times in this arena and it surely must lack the human touch of applause and people etc. ROS must have got slightly paranoid in that match seeing gameplay because there was nothing to detract from his thoughts audience wise and that slowly built into his mind that Allen was playing tricks..
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Yeah, that's Ronnie doing publicity work. If he was real, he would just talk to Mark personally, but no... Twitter.
            He may be the best snooker player ever, but in every other aspect of his personality, I have no respect for him whatsoever. What a diva.

Concerning Twitter: Stephen Hendry towards the end of the match tonight (guess he just got the news flash): "Bad day to be a Trump"... epic
            "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Originally Posted by neuronic View Post

Yeah, that's Ronnie doing publicity work. If he was real, he would just talk to Mark personally, but no... Twitter.
              He may be the best snooker player ever, but in every other aspect of his personality, I have no respect for him whatsoever. What a diva.

Concerning Twitter: Stephen Hendry towards the end of the match tonight (guess he just got the news flash): "Bad day to be a Trump"... epic
              sorry but I read and wrote that ROS texted Allen directly, this was then reported on twitter, ROS did not apologies on twitter, Hendon twittered that ROS texted Allen
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

sorry but read and wrote that ROS texted Allen directly, this was then reported on twitter, ROS did not apologies on twitter, Hendon twittered that ROS texted Allen
                Yes and Allen spoke about it in his interview.

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                  I really try to like trump, I want to like trump, but when he loses, his interviews are so disingenuous. I appreciate that having your arse kicked 6 - 1 isn't particularly pleasant and it hurts, as it should do if you're ever going to be a winner, but he displays a distinct lack of class in offering nothing to his victorious opponent. Even Ronnie, after yesterday's argy-bargy said how well Mark played, and as much as I dislike him, fair dues, he usually does. Trump on the other hand is almost always ingracious in defeat, which is a very childish weakness IMO.

Maybe he's upset because his granddad lost the election.

-
                  Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser, as the old saying goes. None of these top players congratulating their opponents on how they have played while beating them mean it. They all have that desperate desire to win , that's what separates them from the herd. Trump focusing on himself during interviews is probably more honest and not done for appearances. Either that or he's a right twonk I'm not sure.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser, as the old saying goes. None of these top players congratulating their opponents on how they have played while beating them mean it. They all have that desperate desire to win , that's what separates them from the herd. Trump focusing on himself during interviews is probably more honest and not done for appearances. Either that or he's a right twonk I'm not sure.
                    I think he's more upset that his hair is dissapearing fast. That multi directional comb-over isn't working anymore Obviously I missed the Selby Robertson match but Allen is playing well and will probably win the tournament, that Rasson twelve by six 9 ball table really suits his short cue action, no need for any real power.
                    Unlike a ball touching jaws directly from the bed of the table, if a ball touches the cushion two feet from the pocket or leaves the cushion when frozen, it's then moving away from the pocket, so if it still goes in then it's nothing to do with the speed of the cloth, it has to be the cut of the pocket deflecting the ball in. This is simply Rasson looking for the next table franchise by getting the ton count up even more.
                    I simply don't believe this tight pro pocket cut from a secret template bollocks cuts it anymore, the evidence is clearly visual, even the players are surprised half the time.
                    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

I've been told the organiser of CoC requested the pockets to be 4.25 inch in the corners and 5inch across the face of the middles. So thats about 3/4 of an inch bigger than usual for pro tables. mikee have you heard anything like that too?
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Markus0101 View Post
                        Judd is Judd, Petulent, Arrogant and all about the glamour. I don't care who wins the final now, just glad it won't be Judd involved.
                        So ,what are you saying , your not all that keen on him ?

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

I worked there at Kemble's piano factory for a short while in the mid 80s, totally agree, what a hellhole it was back then.

-
                          I used to go there from time to time as a traveling IT engineer, the roundabout systems and hundreds of different silly names for each little hamlet there used to drive me insane. I remember once finishing a job there pretty quick, but it then took me over half an hour to escape the bloody place as I kept going round in circles.
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Robertson will win the final.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                              I've been told the organiser of CoC requested the pockets to be 4.25 inch in the corners and 5inch across the face of the middles. So thats about 3/4 of an inch bigger than usual for pro tables. mikee have you heard anything like that too?
                              Er no , I take it your joking right.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post

Er no , I take it your joking right.
                                My source may be suspect, hes been known to talk 8ollox, but he has played in a few low level pro events and played in the Gibraltar open a couple of years back, so i gave it some credence.
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X