No announcement yet.

2020 Champion of Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CC you can clearly see on the TV the pockets are not 4.25” that’s massive! I actually thought the pockets looked tight when you see a shot of a ball near the jaws of a pocket.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

I give some credence to that personally, strange times and mentally challenging times. When we sit at home and watch, it feels almost the same for us now with the canned applause etc, but for them it surely must be pretty weird holed up in MK, match after match. Bit like Alcatraz after a while.....

BTW - Milton Keynes was given the name "Suicide City" years back due to its design which never really produced the community feel it was supposed to. If you've ever driven round it, you will rarely see people because of its underground walkway systems. Years since i was working round that neck of the woods so i hope it has changed for the better.
      I had a one day training course there a few years ago, bloody terrible place to drive around! And your right, you hardly see any people! Lol, where are they...?

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
        CC you can clearly see on the TV the pockets are not 4.25” that’s massive!
        Yeh, i shouldnt have listened to him. The pockets look the same as your table TBH, is that 3.5inch template? I'm not that familiar with the proper measurements etc.
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

CC you can clearly see on the TV the pockets are not 4.25” that’s massive!
          Yeah me too ,maybe standard 3 1/2 inch in corners ,they may be playing a bit looser as it’s a non ranking event ,the middles are not easy and even look small on the tv .Dont think I have ever played on or seen a table with 4.25 inch pockets .If that was the case it would be evident even watching on tv .Robertson has said this week the tables are playing very easy in the pockets ,but any bigger than 3.5 inch I don’t see it .

Comment

Errr can’t remember, I work in millimetres, think mine a 85mm, I’m gonna have to go bloody check now you got me thinking

Comment

Yeah 85mm at the fall

Comment

Yeah 85mm at the fall
                Thanks Steve, yep now i've looked at that difference on a tape measure, i can see its massive, and they are obviously no where near that size.

I remember when Mags won the Tour Championship, this year, he potted the final pink down the rail at 5-5 against Neil Robertson that touched the rail about 2ft before the pocket and still went in! But i bet even that pocket was no where near 4.25!!
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser, as the old saying goes.
                  I totally agree and said as much in my original post, but whether you mean it or not, you should be man enough be gracious in defeat. Judd is the only player on the circuit I can think of who is more often than not, not.

-
                  The fast and the furious,
                  The slow and labourious,
                  All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Is it me or does this Ref seem to move around and fidget a lot? Especially just as players are down on a shot... that would bother me as a player!

Comment

Is it me or does this Ref seem to move around and fidget a lot? Especially just as players are down on a shot... that would bother me as a player!
                      Good job Ronnie's not playing.... :black_eyed:

-
                      The fast and the furious,
                      The slow and labourious,
                      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Yeah 85mm at the fall
                        That puts mine at 88.9 mill Steve 3.5 inches at the fall and at the back of the pocket , just before the pocket play starts ,no under cut on the nose of the rubber ,I do get some ropy shots that drop some days too ,other days the same shot won’t go .Even so compared to club tables mine are hardly buckets .Those RASSON table middles are defiantly tighter than Star tables I think.To get a 4.25 inch pocket on a steel block table You would have to shorten the cushions as there is not enough rubber left to cut away to make them that big ,it’s impossible .Ive said it before ,get rid of the super light cloths and table heaters ,don’t change the cloths every 3 days and you will see a different game ,

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Thanks Steve, yep now i've looked at that difference on a tape measure, i can see its massive, and they are obviously no where near that size.

I remember when Mags won the Tour Championship, this year, he potted the final pink down the rail at 5-5 against Neil Robertson that touched the rail about 2ft before the pocket and still went in! But i bet even that pocket was no where near 4.25!!
                          This what what Robertson said about it on Twitter..

https://twitter.com/nr147/status/127...%2Fstory.shtml
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Didn't know Rasson snooker tables were another outfit from China. Most probably Stars' parent company!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
                              Didn't know Rasson snooker tables were another outfit from China. Most probably Stars' parent company!!!
                              Don’t think so Rasson been around over 30/years and the tables are good quality ,so can’t be related to Star really .

Comment

great performance from Mark - good to see, really enjoyed his play..:congratulatory:
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X